[Question] Add a player to team

B!ERPuNK

Hello guys, i have a question.

I have two resources, for convenience, let's call them A and B. In resource A, i want to create two (and eventually more) teams. This is the script i've added in the server script of resource A:

function createTeams () 
    local teamCops = createTeam ("cops", 0, 0, 255) 
    local teamMedics = createTeam ("medics", 0, 255, 255) 
end 

Now, in resource B, i want to add a player to team cops when he does /cop in the chatbox and to team medics if he does /medic. I have added the following script to the server script of resource B:

function becomeCop (source) 
    setPlayerTeam (source, cops) 
    outputChatBox ("You are now a cop!", source) 
end 

The problem is, when i do /cop, it doesn't add my player to the team. However, the text does show up in the chatbox. So can anyone tell me what i have done wrong :P ?

Thanks ;).

setPlayerTeam (source, getTeamFromName("cops")) 
end 

Thanks a lot, it work's now :).

I thought the name of the team was also the team object, but i was wrong xD.

But thanks again, now people can finally get a job with my resource, or at least, become a medic or cop :P.

setPlayerTeam (source, getTeamFromName("cops")) 
end 

Thanks a lot, it work's now :).

I thought the name of the team was also the team object, but i was wrong xD.

But thanks again, now people can finally get a job with my resource, or at least, become a medic or cop :P.

You welcome :)

Oh, i have 1 more question:

What function can you use to change a players skin? I know setPedSkin but i read it was deprecated. And using spawnPlayer is also kinda annoying, because then i have to add the coordinates and that kind of things, and i have used the event onPlayerSpawn a couple of times in my scripts that wouldnt work appropriately anymore if i use it.

Oh, i have 1 more question:

What function can you use to change a players skin? I know setPedSkin but i read it was deprecated. And using spawnPlayer is also kinda annoying, because then i have to add the coordinates and that kind of things, and i have used the event onPlayerSpawn a couple of times in my scripts that wouldnt work appropriately anymore if i use it.

setElementModel(playerElement,skinID)?

Hello guys, i have a question.

I have two resources, for convenience, let's call them A and B. In resource A, i want to create two (and eventually more) teams. This is the script i've added in the server script of resource A:

function createTeams () 
    local teamCops = createTeam ("cops", 0, 0, 255) 
    local teamMedics = createTeam ("medics", 0, 255, 255) 
end 

Now, in resource B, i want to add a player to team cops when he does /cop in the chatbox and to team medics if he does /medic. I have added the following script to the server script of resource B:

setPlayerTeam (source, cops) 
end 

The problem is, when i do /cop, it doesn't add my player to the team. However, the text does show up in the chatbox. So can anyone tell me what i have done wrong :P ?

Thanks ;).

Btw, you made your team vars local, so you can't access them from other function.

Also, you have var "teamCop", why you using var called "cops" in there: setPlayerTeam (source, cops) ?

@CrazyDude:

read carefully if you are trying to help. you can mislead others.

I have two resources, for convenience, let's call them A and B.

(...)

In resource A (...) [1st script here]

(...)

Now, in resource B (...) [2nd script here]

You are suggesting that variables (even global) from one resource can be read in other resources.