Why ASE? Why not Gamespy? Why not both?

Guest TripleXxXtreme

First time using ASE and IMO Gamespy spanks it. Gamespy version is free but with less features than the paid full version. ASE has a lame 21 day trial which must have ran out on me because it no longer shows any servers.

Why not make a client to work with Gamespy.

BTW why delete my post on ASE not showing any servers?

gamespy is spyware, and ase is smaller, and not a bad little program to use imo.

We are not swappin to gamespy so there =P

on a more serious note, ase is basically free, just do the above and click the try for 7 more days button. We also suggest we support such a great piece of programming by registering ase.

I found the problem. A new firmware came out for my Linksys router and I updated it today. Well I got to thinking ASE worked fine before I updated so I went back to my other firmware and I get 80+ servers now.

Seems there is a bug or something in the new firmware or ASE just doesnt like it. Owell the new firmware doesnt have any new features I'd use. Don't think it fixed anything important.

Anyway sorry all for the trouble. Delete the post.

Thanks

Why not have a built-in game lister in MTA in the future?

I mean, I've tested some programmer's games and they had all the crap to list all games hosted for the particular game, and it didnt require the use of ASP or Gamespy, so it was pain-free to use.

Only problem would be hostin' a server or something to keep track of the hosted games.....

Yeah, regedit works wonders if you don't have internet. Oh wait, MTA requires internet, and so does ASE if you want updated servers. Short of running a firewall and blocking the port ASE uses to check the key you've managed to hack in, this does you zero good. Try again.

Again, one straw short. I only suggested regedit. I never suggested what to do with it. If you delete.. the reg entry completely.. then it was never installed. Doesn't take a genious to figure that one out. I never would imply to 'hack' or alter ASE's key system.. that's illegal. Deleting reg keys on your machine however, isn't.