MTA anti mod system problem

KaleOtter

Ey, I like the map editor of MTA very much. But I installed one car mod last week. And I get the message:

You GTA san andreas files are modifiled. Ok, so I unstalled the mod, still get the message.

Then I unstalled the mod installer too, still get the message. Do I realy have to reintall whole gta just because one fucking mod...

--modbreak--

edited the title to be a little more friendly

Blokker_1999

Obviously you havent fully/properly uninstalled the mod. If it says that your files are modified, they are modified. If you dont manage to find the original files you moded on the net you'll have to reinstall the game indeed. (Though i think there was an archieve with the files somewhere around, search around the forums)

• Discord Moderators

When you install visual mods you probably use a tool like SAMI. Unfortunately popular mods are usually accompanied by a handling edit, and since SAMI automatically installs them, you'd either learn to replace textures in gta3.img yourself, or replace the data files varez posted above everytime you install a new mod.

The Editor, by default, will not check for modified files. Ensure this is turned off by accessing the following file:

MTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch\editor.conf

Set the following value to 0: 
    <!-- This parameter specifies what types of checks the clients should make to ensure there has 
         been no tampering with certain settings. 
         Values: 0 - disabled , -1 - everything. default value: -1. --> 
    [b]<verifyclientsettings>0</verifyclientsettings>[/b] 

• 2 weeks later...

This problem might be resolved already, but I think there is one cause of this that wasn't mentioned. If you are running windows vista, or windows 7, then it is important to run all mod tools as an administrator every time. If you don't it will store some files in a hidden folder called virtualstore, where the game will pull those files instead of what is in your GTA directory. If you have installed the stock files back, and you still get this problem, that is likely why you are getting it. The files in your virtualstore are modded and the game is using those files instead of the directory files. What you need to do is open up a folder, any folder will do. Hit alt, and click tools, then folder options. In the view tab under advanced settings, click show hidden folders and uncheck hide protected operating system files. It will prompt you if you really want to show your OS files, and you do, so click yes, or OK, or whatever it is that lets them be visible. Click apply and keep that window open. In another window, navigate to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\VirtualStore\Program Files. If you see a folder called rockstar games in there, highlight it, and press Shift + Delete to permanently delete that folder. It will ask if you really want to delete it, click yes. Now go back to the folder options window and check hide protected operating system files and click do not show hidden folders, then click OK. Make sure you have the stock files in your directory, then run the game again, it should be back to normal now. After this is fixed, make sure you use modding tools as an administrator always, and never mod your vehicles.ide, handling.cfg or what have you, just stick to texture and model mods.