Map editor freezes and

Ethan

Im in the map editor editing and finalizing a map and as I am selecting my object, or moving the object already picked, the map editor will freeze.. this has happened more than a dozen times over the past couple weeks.. I have to ctrl+alt+del out to force the close of the program..

I also want to add that when I load up, and the map editor opens, there is an update being downloaded and it never finishes the download. would this be a problem for the freezing or not??

the update has been stuck for several days and I dont know if will ever finish, pic:

http://i53.tinypic.com/21doj7o.png

First of all make sure your firewall software isn't blocking the MTA program from connecting and that no other software may be interfering with it.

As for the freezes it could be a few things;

Check your system requirements, make sure you have enough RAM available and if you do, close any open programs you don't need, such as firefox (can be RAM intensive depending on your plugins) if it's performance related this may help.

It's possible you have too many objects on the map, i've heard of issues with MTA if you go over 250, so make sure you dont have too many. To check, open your .map file with notepad++ or something and each line should be numbered and afaik each object is on a different line, so from that you should get a rough idea of how many objects you have.

It could just be a software problem which may be solved with a reinstall, but make sure you backup all your saved maps somewhere first. /server/mods/deathmatch/resources is usually the location maps are saved to. This may also solve your update problem too