Blokker_1999

Is it a dream or is it real?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a dream or is it real?

• Dream
    • Reality
    • Undecided

• MTA Team

Some days ago I was watching the movie Total Recall (wasn't my first time). For those of you that don't know the movie, it's a 1990 sci-fi action movie mostly set on Mars starring the Governator.

For those that don't know the movie i'm taking a quote from WP:

In 2084, Douglas Quaid (Arnold Schwarzenegger) is a mild-mannered construction worker on Earth who dreams of exploring the human colonies of Mars. He opts to visit "Rekall", a company that specializes in implanting false memories of a virtual trip to any location. Quaid pays for a Mars experience, including aspects of being a secret agent and discovering alien artifacts. When Rekall attempts to implant the memories, they find he already appears to have undergone a previous memory replacement procedure. Believing himself to be a secret agent whose cover has just been blown, Quaid attacks the medical staff until he is sedated. They quickly restore his memory (undoing Rekall's changes only; Quaid still has his previous false memories) and send him home.
Enough to say that that is the point the movie really starts. Reversing what they did didn't really work that well, he starts remembering things and soon everyone wants him dead.

The movie is entertaining (as long as you like action movies without much brains) and the visual effects are good (was the last major movie to use miniatures instead of cgi)

Now, why am I writing this post with the poll attached?

Troughout the movie references are made that the movie is actually the dream he ordered. Quaid dismissess this as attempts to bring him down. But at the end of the movie the viewer still does not know if it was 'real' or a dream. Even Shwarzenegger and Verhoeven disagree about it in the audio commentarys. But what do you beleive?

• 3 weeks later...