[REL] race_huntbot

Wojak

INFO

This resource adds a Hunter helicopter that will fallow the race lieder trying to kill him (but it may accidentally kill other players too). There were some race maps where some players started as racers, and rest as hunrers, and now every one can race, and the bot will do the hunting ;)

IMPORTANT NOTES

this script works only with the race gamemode, it will work with any race map.

the helicopter has the ability to fly through objects, but I'm not planning to fix it, i want to keep this script simple, as it is

USE

iff you want it on all maps just start it

iff you want it on a specyfic maps add:

<include resource="race_huntbot" /> 

to map's meta.xml file

New in version 1.1:

- added the x rotation support depending on the bot speed, this makes the bot look more natural (no more things like in the video on 1:45).

- bot will only shoot when in first player sync range.

- fixed some annoying bugs.

- added the settings system including:

- unit - non; accepted value >= 0; default – 20; this value is used to predict the passable player position, the larger this value, the longer will be the distance between the player and the calculated position (proportional to the player speed)

- unit – ; ; accepted value >= 0.5; default – 5.2; this is the ai loop refresh rate, the lower this value, the more actual information’s about the player (in not recommend to set this to low though, creating a instant killing machine is not to fun for the racers).

Note that messing with above values may improve or screw up the bot ai, when you change one of them you should change the other ass well (if you increase one and decrease the other, you will screw up for shore).

- unit – [km/h]; value >= 10; default – 5.2; bot will not go faster then that.

- unit – ; value >= o; default – 25; how many seconds bot should wait after the map starts (race countdown displays “GO”).

- unit – ; value >= 5; default – 30; how many seconds bot should wait after detecting the first player death (bot may not detect first player death, if map respawn time is lower than bot aispeed).

Bot will search for the settings in maps meta.xml (you don’t need to add all the settings there, just the ones you want to change), if there are no settings there, it will search them in his own meta.xml (you may use the resource meta.xml ass global settings), if this settings are somehow wrong, it will use the default from the lua file.

- other changes (this version is using functions from the fallowing resources: mapmanager; missiontimer)

Known problems:

When a new player joins while bot is waiting, recourse missiontimer will post warnings…

What next?:

- no hunting zones that may be added using map editor

- ability to change the helicopter model (Police Maverick, Cargobob)

- improved aiming

- voting “do you want to play with huntbot?” on map starting

- DD/DM (race maps with no checkpoints) support

- Maybe something else

But I’m not promising nothing :P

feel free to comment, report bugs, ask questions and post ideas.

http://img340.imageshack.us/i/mtascreen ... 12935.jpg/

http://img840.imageshack.us/i/mtascreen ... 11200.jpg/

http://img820.imageshack.us/i/mtascreen ... 11134.jpg/

VIDEO

DOWNLOAD

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... ils&id=985

race_huntbot.zip 1.1, size: 3.85 KB

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

As a noob, I must as the question if this could be used with a hire interface in some locations in the MTA:SA map, to hire bounty hunters for other players?

Can multiple hunters run simultaneously?

Can the Bounty humters be based on different vehicles/peds depending on the amount you pay for the bounty?

Could you use bounties from several different faction in MTA:SA, when AI is included more affluently.

IE

Hitman ped

Ballas Bounties, Ballas single ped/Ballas Car with 4 peds/Etc...

Police person/police biker/police cars/choppers/SWAT

Military service officer ped/humvee with peds/Attack chopper/Fighter/Fighter wing

reporter with camera/camera truck/camera chopper.

This specific resource adds exactly 1 (one) helicopter that will fallow an exactly 1 (one) player – race lieder.

Furthermore this resource will only work with RACE gamemode and only if the map has at lest 1 race checkpoint.

So if You want the stuff You listed, You need to find a different resource, or script it yourself.

(all this stuff should be possible to create)

Thankyou good sir, this information has been most helpful.

I cannot share with you enough the appreciation at your work and its capacity to be able to give me ideas for the MTA:SA engine. :)

I will study teh scripting harder and see if I can find a way to create the aforementioned ideas. :)

Thankyou very much.