Race addon / mod

piras

I want to make a race mode like trackmania time attack mode. So when a player finishes a race, they start again and keep playing the same track -hopefully bettering their time- until the maps time runs out. If the maps time was 6 minutes, and you can finish the track in 1 minute, you get 6 goes to get your best time.

I wonder if anyone knows already, if I could do this by writing another mode file to go in /race/modes/ or if I will have to modify the race code itself ?

Hi varez, yeh restart button is something I want to put in aswell. Ive already made some speed modifiers, like pickups but you just drive through them and they speed you up or slow you down or jump the car, so those will be going in as well :) I could do with some models for them if anyone wants a grapics project, hmm? ;) I was thinking a propellor , a magnet, and a spring would be cool.

Ive read over the race code a bit but I dont really understand it yet, might take me a while but it will be sweeet when its done.

Ive got a test version working \o/ it wasnt as hard as I thought it would be. Its still quite rough though, and I dont think the ranking board (bit on the left that shows when a player finishes) works properly - its hard to test that with just one player. But the main idea of restarting when you finish works, and theres a reset button (backspace). Pressing Enter is just the same as in race, but the maps have respawntime=0 so you dont have to waste your life away watching respawn counters :)

You can test it on mta.h3s.net Ill keep updating it so the server might not be working all the time.

btw: importing models would be cool.