[REL] Customblips - Create your own blip icons for the radar

Ever wake up in the middle of the night, with a Blipid55.jpg chasing you, then eventually running you over?

Well fear no more - it is now possible to create your very own custom blips with the most artistic of imagination! Just call exports.customblips:createCustomBlip with any .png, and watch the magic as this resource does all the dirty work for you. And exclusively for 6months* enjoy the ability to convert any GUI element into a blip - all for free!

To sample our free trial, go to our Download page:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... ils&id=960

For details on how to bring your imagination to life, see our special Change your life: Custom blips e-book which comes free when you order by credit card!

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Res ... ustomblips

* Until 6 months before the end of time

• Like 2

Wow! It was finished before the roadmap does it! Good work.

Gonna take some icons for a blip pack, :P

I think I could make some Hi-res blips? Or a portal icon as a spawn? An ambulance as an ambulance car or a red & blue car as police cars? Awesome! :mrgreen:

...usively for 6months* enjoy the ability to convert any GUI element into a blip - all for free!

* Until 6 months before the end of time

This is a very nice release! I'm waiting for this since i came to mta!

But I'm confused (as natural) i didn't see any time limit in the script, why you tell us that we could try it for 6 months. Of course it could be a joke.

And mta it self is planning custom blips for mta v 1.4.

Sorry for asking, but that is in my nature :)

Anyway Talidan, you did a great job again! Thank you for sharing this with us, if you were a girl i would kiss you ;)

some people wouln't know a good thing if it crawled up their butt.

Talidan it seems you've pretty much satisfied all requests relating to radars save for 1: a directional blip so we can see what direction peds/players are facing. any feelings towards that particular challenge?

some people wouln't know a good thing if it crawled up their butt.

Talidan it seems you've pretty much satisfied all requests relating to radars save for 1: a directional blip so we can see what direction peds/players are facing. any feelings towards that particular challenge?

Doable, though I'm sure there will be messiness i have not anticipated. GTA has it's own built-in directional blips (used on the local player, and on peds during stealth missions) that would be much better to use, if we could hack them in.

Yep, directional blips are really cool, maybe you can hack and add them:

http://media.gtanet.com/gtasa/walkthrou ... tos080.jpg

That's blip #2, but afaik you can't change the colour of it. I'm not sure about this, but would setElementRotation not work on a blip, to represent their rotation?

And I find 2 problems with this resource, 1 which is already acknowledged.

1. Script is not aware when HUD is hidden.

2. There needs to be a function like setBlipVisibleTo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

hello,

i'm french

how i can make a custom blips ?

have you exemple ?

i create blips.lua in "cistomclips" directory whit this scipt :

addEventHandler ( "onClientResourceStart", getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), 
    function() 
        exports.customblips:createCustomBlip ( 2236.345703125,2458.1728515625, 20, 20, "police.png" ) 
    end 
) 

and add in meta.xml::

<script src="blips.lua" type="client" /> 

i copied "police.png" 20x20 in cistomclips" directory

But no icon in map and radar.

Thanks

yes and work now ! verry thanks for you !!! :D

but i have an other probleme when i script this:

addEventHandler ( "onClientResourceStart", getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), 
    function() 
        exports.customblips:createCustomBlip ( 2236.345703125,2458.1728515625, 20, 20, "police.png" ) 
        exports.customblips:createCustomBlip ( 1832.353515625,-1682.7724609375, 20, 20, "bar.png" ) 
    end 
) 

but server say "ERROR:File 'blips.lua' in resource 'customblips' -CRC mismatch"

thanks for your help....