[HELP] Admin only teleport

Fudge

Hello, i been trying to get this admin only teleport to work. I'm a noob in scripting but heres what i tried but it wont work

door = createMarker (-699,973,12, "cylinder", 3,255, 0, 0)

function fun(hitElement)
if getElementType(hitElement)="player" then
name=getPlayerName(hitElement)
if isObjectInACLGroup("user.". .name, aclGetGroup ("Admin"))then
setElementPosition(,x,y,z)
elseif outputChatBox(hitElement, "Fag, this is for Admins only")
end
end
end

addEventHandler("onMarkerHit", door,fun)

i know the cordinates are x y z, ill change that later, my problem is is that it wont even create a marker

there are lots of syntax errors in the code, i imagine your marker isnt being created because your script isnt actually loading (its just erroring)

if you indent your code its much easier to see the problems:

door = createMarker (-699,973,12, "cylinder", 3,255, 0, 0)

function fun(hitElement)
if getElementType(hitElement)="player" then -- "=" is used to assign values, you should be using "==" to compare values
	name = getPlayerName(hitElement)
if isObjectInACLGroup("user.". .name, aclGetGroup ("Admin"))then -- there should not be a space between the 2 full stops
setElementPosition(,x,y,z) -- you are not giving an element argument here (and as you said, x,y,z dont exist)
elseif  -- 'elseif' is used when you want to do another comparison, use 'else' when you want to just default
outputChatBox(hitElement, ":O, this is for Admins only") -- the text should be the first argument, not the second
end
end
end
addEventHandler("onMarkerHit", door,fun)

Most of these could be fixed with a quick look at the wiki page for each function (or in some cases a quick google for the lua syntax)

Fix the errors i pointed out and see how it goes then

isObjectInACLGroup("user.". .name, aclGetGroup ("Admin"))

This isn't really for admins, if you change your nickname, it just won't work.

Better use https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Has ... rmissionTo and check for function which is only available to admins like ban or make your own ACL list.

Or you could use:

pAccount = getPlayerAccount(player); -- Or the source in player events.

if isGuestAccount(pAcccount) then
-- You are not loged in
return; -- Return allways stops the script while running. Even if you are out side of a function.
end

if isObjectInACLGroup("user." .. getAccountName(pAccount), aclGetGroup("Admin")) then
-- You got access
return true;
else
-- You aint got the rights.
return false;
end

hasObjectPermissionTo is definitely the right and proper way to do it. isObjectInACLGroup is marginally easier, but less flexible. hasObjectPermissionTo would allow you to let other users use the teleport if you wanted, without having to modify your code at all. You could just create another group and add the users to it, then create another ACL for that group that gives them access to the teleporter.