[Help] Problem with MTA-MySQL Module

Extremo

Hello MTA Community,

Today I've decided to actually get into MTA coding. So, as I already have experience in scripting such things, I wanted to start straight ahead into detail and test out if the MTA-MySQL module was working correctly. I made this small clientside script here:

-- Testing MySQL Module

function TestSQL(thePlayer, command)
outputChatBox("#FF0000Works", thePlayer);
con = mysql_connect("...","...","...","...");

outputChatBox("#FF0000Connection incomming....", thePlayer);
if ( not con ) then -- The connection failed
outputChatBox("#FF0000Unable to connect to the MySQL server", thePlayer);
else
outputChatBox("#FF0000Connected!", thePlayer);
end
outputChatBox("#FF0000ConnectedorNot", thePlayer);
res2 = mysql_query("INSERT INTO cmd VALUES ('" .. getPlayerName( thePlayer ) .. "')");
if( not res2 ) then
outputChatBox("#FF0000Unable to query 2", thePlayer);
else
outputChatBox("#FF0000Success", thePlayer);
end
outputChatBox("#FF0000Query", thePlayer);
mysql_free_result(res2);
mysql_close(con);
outputChatBox("#FF0000end", thePlayer);
end
addCommandHandler("test", TestSQL);

I obviously couldn't understand why exactly it was not functioning so I put up some chat msg's to see where its getting. Sadly, the only message I receive is the "Works" msg. I am assuming that the module crashes the function and makes it unable to finish executing, could that be in anyway possible and does anyone know a fix?

For reference, the sql database is NOT local, its remote.

I really have no clue how to fix this issue, as I would NOT want to use SQLlite and hope that you people out there are able to help me.

I've searched around google which made me end up on a lot of topics around MTA but I couldn't find any topic(I am probably stupid) that showed me the exact problem with this bit of code.

Regards,

Extremo.

If I am not to use module functions client-wise, how would I be able to communicate with the server then? I've read it somewhere before on wiki but can't seem to find it and would really appreciate if you could show me just a small example and elaborate it for me.

Regards,

Extremo.

PS: I am gonna go straight ahead and see if it works server-side.

EDIT:

Right, I went ahead testing it server-side and it seems fine, except a few errors about the connection but I think I can figure them out ;) Thanks alot :P

EDIT 2: Fixed every Problem, now all I need is a small example of how to make the client and server work together with a small elaboration ;)

EDIT 3:

Right I now also figured how to add events etc and make the client/server communicate. Thanks a lot, everything worked out well, there was just a slight misunderstanding ;)