A Stream Fix feature request

Xierra

Which version of SRT are you using?

If you're using BLITZ's version you shouldn't install Project Oblivion as it is incompatible. It can slow/crash the game.

BTW are you using ENB ?... it's looking good.

Using 1.7, the only time I ever get a slowdown/crash is when I'm driving around in Las Venturas. Everywhere else I have never had a crash. I simply just copied and pasted my really modded gta3.img (which I use to take enb screenshots) into the game I used for MTA. I was suprised at how stable it was, played for a good hour until I decided to venture into Las Venturas....the game as usual stopped rendering but strangely enough it didn't crash. Could still go around a messed up Las Venturas unlike in SAMP where it just freezes. Yes I'm using ENB, a very low setting enb as I didnt want anything fancy to ruin the fps. :shock:

With just srt1.7, MTA will be really stable and won't have any problems!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, it's now safe to say, that MTA Team placed the stream fix's source code into MTA SA 1.1.

There are no streaming problems anymore, as what Mike_Samaki showed us.

The MTA Team has credited Sacky's SA Limit Adjuster's source code too! You can see it on "about". It is confirmed that the stream fix is now included.

About that drop of FPS, They should fix it. After that, no one can complain about streaming problems anymore.

This is the end of topic. Please share this to anyone who wants a stream fix in MTA SA. :)

No, this isn't the end, there is one stream issue, creating many GUI Fonts will make the objects fade in and out.

For example, restart this resource 10 times (restart it slow)

dc = guiCreateFont ( "dc.ttf", 90 ) 

Just create it, add the font in meta.xml, add it to your local server, restart it 10 times and see how the objects lag and fade in and out.

What? Seems I didn't notice that. Does it happen even with the stream fix?

Seems there's another problem other than the texture overload.

You reported this on the bugs section?

Not yet, I wasn't sure of something (just I wanted to check if my gta had any modification, but it hasn't)

Well, I'm reporting.

• 2 years later...

Yep, bumping an old thread. This is still a major issue for those who have their games modded and would like to have the best possible performance and visual looks while they play. If .asi files cannot be used then it would be great if in the next MTA update a "Stream Fix" would be built inside the client file.