A Stream Fix feature request

Xierra

The GTA SA's streaming limit is very small. When it reach its limits and keeps pushing further, it will break, resulting to continually drop your FPS everytime if you keep the game running, fading in and out objects seen everytime you move around, thus lags (to 1 fps) a lot even in good computers. When this happens, you were forced to restart GTA SA or MTA SA, to temporally fix this.

When you load lots of custom objects and play for a while, you'll see that the GTA objects just dissapear fading in and out objects seen everytime you move around, or only appear LODs. Also, when you keep playing while the condition was like this, your game might lag a lot and reduces your fps.

Some years ago, I ever mod the GTA SA, and always faced the same problem. Then I heard that there is a stream fix that fix all of these problems. It's called SA Stream Memory Fix. It works by ASI file btw.

The Stream Fixes are over here (and of course, made by Alexander):

http://alexander.sannybuilder.com/Files ... Fix2.2.rar (V 2.2)

http://alexander.sannybuilder.com/Files ... MemFix.rar (V 2.0 & 1.0)

But sadly, it doesn't support MTA SA.

The newest MTAQA video, on News Round Up - Spring Edition on Youtube, has this top rated comment:

Thumbs up if MTA SA 1.1 should feature a stream memory fix for custom models and better FPS.

(Taken from

)

For the better FPS, that's the fix on MTA SA 1.0.5 and 1.1, you can enjoy better FPS in 1.0.5 for now.

They should redirect about the stream memory fix here.

Update: mike_samaki uploaded Sacky Limit Adjuster's source code, which was down from the GTAforums link when the link is still active (luckily).

http://www.box.net/shared/8kthj6eps1

http://www.mediafire.com/?tmigdrpopa0pwlt

FAQ

Q: I got an idea! Why not make ASI compatible again?

A: Why would MTA SA make ASI compability? With that, then CLEO mods are possible. MTA SA aims not to make that possible, because it's not safe.

Q: How should I reprodube this glitch?

A: Examples on how to reproduce: Play MTA SA and load lots of custom objects / vehicles (probably which is high-poly & HD textures), place it in one map and go around the place.

Build maps in Los Santos, especially around Big Smoke's house. (This is because of the amounts of polys and objects around this city. Around Big Smoke's house is the most.)

Bug report, first reported by Phatlooser: http://bugs.mtasa.com/view.php?id=5745

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really about the graphics card. There are servers that allow mods, such as my private one and I need the stream fix because I have lots of HD mods that make the WHOLE city disappear and my graphics card is an nvidia GT 220 and in normal SA it works without a single lag and looks awesome.

@Dr4x: I don't mean that, this also could happen if you load loads of custom models in MTA SA, I'm requesting this so there's extended limit for custom models too. And as Spider-vice said, whether you have decent graphics card, that doesn't make any effect cause of the GTA SA's limit.

So yeah I already told about the fix, I think I need to request so that there's much larger poly limit.

That fix was created for other purposes, and the MTA streaming problems are related to custom objects directly. There's a lot of memory leaks and streaming bugs associated with them. You can't have custom objects in sa-mp though, and in GTA you can't replace them without restarting your game. So this is an MTA problem, not a GTA one.

Trust me, there's a few devs aware of this problem, and are hopefully going to work on it some time soon. :oops:

You're right, in some cases the MTA SA custom objects loader do have problems. So if the problems made by the MTA SA custom objects loader is fixed, it's good.

But hey, that doesn't mean it's all gone, there's also GTA SA streaming limits, cause GTA SA has very limited streaming limit, so you can't hold many HD custom objects at a time, whether it's working nicely or not.

I said this cause I ever played GTA SA and do massive modding, and I face this problem, and also found the solution.

I make some custom objects with alot of polygons + the col (gta sa collision) with the same number of polygons and I dont have problems like that + I use enb serie + new effects play at 40 - 45 fps, The big lag appear if there alot of vehicles, because the enb serie car reflection is activated.

I can make a custom objet with a big amount a very big amount of polygons and see what happen !!! xD

It would be nice if the gta sa limits can be broke with MTA , but thats can make the game crash ... maybe ... oups !

Limits of the gta effects is an important thing, too many explosion for example = some of theme are invisible same thing for blood or corona lights ... the limits make me :redhotevil: some time xD

• 2 weeks later...

The big problem is the number of players at the same place (area), when you have 32 players or alot at the same place the game lag alot and without enb serie, I see that in race (all player are in a car so its player + a car) on the begining and in a small circuit map like a track with a 8 shape.

Some maps have nice features and with these features the game lag a little, but thats depend if you are alone or not !!!

Some of these features :

I play a custom map (custom models with enought polys) alone = no lag (30 to 40 fps) and with alot of people = big lag (8 to 15 fps)

I play a map with snow so snow its 2D pictures. Alone = little lag (28 to 30 fps) and with alot of people = big lag (8 to 15 fps)

I play map with custom car model. Alone = no lag and with alot of people = big lag

When you play with alot of players and you are not stick together in the same area with other player = no lag

but the area is big, well if you dont see the other player, but he is close to you the game lag, if he is far away from you = no lag

normal fps 40 to 45

I think the saStream mem fix of XX3 , if its work well , its an exelent thing to add to the MTA feature, I will test it !!!

Yep, it's a good one indeed. Adding this feature to MTA SA will not be a waste of time at all.

Except for what you said about the FPS, no it can't be fixed by SA Stream Fix, you'll need a better PC.

I also hope this was granted. :D

Need a better PC :shock: Me :shock: maybe a better graphic card, but what I have to play a 2003 game is enought

I have a nvidia 8800 GTX with 3 Go of RAM and with a Quad Core

I play gta 4 and crysis at hight settings xD

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The GTA SA's streaming limit is very small. When it reach its limits and keeps pushing further, it will break, resulting to continually drop your FPS everytime

o !

Really ? this is why some people can run counter strike graphic MAX. with 100 fps and MTA 30 - 35 fps.

You have a good PC and video card to push the game further and woooot your fps drop and you dont understand , because of the limit , also the FX like the blood and objects is limited so you add many corona lights and wtf they disapear, so you break the limits and the game lag , omg. This ... heum , sux.

a stream fix for the players with good PC, nice.

One of the best suggestion , thank you XX3.

I play gta sa solo on 70-80 fps and samp ... ye samp in old days. Without enb serie

I play MTA on 50 fps . Without enb serie

Hi there, I have an important thing to tell.

The GTA SA's streaming limit is very small. When it reach its limits and keeps pushing further, it will break, resulting to continually drop your FPS everytime, fading in and out objects seen everytime you move around. When this happens, you were forced to restart GTA SA or MTA SA, to temporally fix this.

When you load lots of custom objects and play for a while, you'll see that the GTA objects just dissapear fading in and out objects seen everytime you move around, or only appear LODs. Also, when you keep playing while the condition was like this, your game might lag a lot and reduces your fps.

I heard that there is a stream fix that fix all of these problems. It's called SAS Stream Fix. It works by ASI file btw.

The Stream Fixes are over here (and of course, made by Alexander):

http://alexander.sannybuilder.com/Files ... Fix2.2.rar (V 2.2)

http://alexander.sannybuilder.com/Files ... MemFix.rar (V 2.0 & 1.0)

And the ASI loader here (useful if you want to make ASI files support):

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=8321

Note: When you start supporting ASI files, restrict all ASI files except the stream fix and the core, in order to avoid use of CLEO mods which its core is an ASI file.

When I try to run with the stream fix GTA SA, it works nicely, but in MTA SA, it doesn't give any effect. But, on SA-MP, even without stream fix (or maybe built-in) it doesn't give this problem at all.

You guys confirm? Well in order to get extended poly limits. So no problem with lots of poly things.

A Step to reproduce: Play MTA SA and load lots of custom objects / vehicles (probably which is high-poly & HD textures) and go around the place. Maybe around 10-20 minutes later it will happen.

One of the things that I really hate of Multi Theft Auto is the lag...

I was making a enterable skyscraper, it was an hude map, and it really lags the gamemode & map editor, also I can't open the map correctly.

Edited by Guest

I think that MTA team should seriously consider reworking their stream-engine before adding additional so called "fancy" things. I can play every new game on a decent FPS, but I cannot play MTA with a stable FPS. Well, I can play alone, but with someone else around or on a race map built of objects, my FPS starts to swing madly. In full race servers (32 playes), the fps is just intolerable on map starts (goes below 20 with my rather modern hardware).

And I wouldn't blame faulty San Andreas' engine, which of course has a significant role in it as well, but when I used to play the crappier MP mod (SAMP) some years ago, I had no problems being in a same airport with around 100 players-vehicles. It had it's own faults (plenty of them, like quite small number of objects caused some lag already), but at least my FPS was more stable. (Not that I would like to play it ever again, just would like MTA to be more stable)

And to be honest, even in 1.0.2, my FPS was far more stable than it is now, and it's not just me, who has noticed this. When Asynchronous Loading was introduced, my FPS wasn't so stable anymore, don't know if it's directly connected to that, but I remember that from this time, I started having bigger problems and for many, MTA started stalling for seconds until they changed AsynchronousLoading settings from the menu. (From auto to on iirc)

I think that MTA team should seriously consider reworking their stream-engine before adding additional so called "fancy" things. I can play every new game on a decent FPS, but I cannot play MTA with a stable FPS. Well, I can play alone, but with someone else around or on a race map built of objects, my FPS starts to swing madly. In full race servers (32 playes), the fps is just intolerable on map starts (goes below 20 with my rather modern hardware).

And I wouldn't blame faulty San Andreas' engine, which of course has a significant role in it as well, but when I used to play the crappier MP mod (SAMP) some years ago, I had no problems being in a same airport with around 100 players-vehicles. It had it's own faults (plenty of them, like quite small number of objects caused some lag already), but at least my FPS was more stable. (Not that I would like to play it ever again, just would like MTA to be more stable)

And to be honest, even in 1.0.2, my FPS was far more stable than it is now, and it's not just me, who has noticed this. When Asynchronous Loading was introduced, my FPS wasn't so stable anymore, don't know if it's directly connected to that, but I remember that from this time, I started having bigger problems and for many, MTA started stalling for seconds until they changed AsynchronousLoading settings from the menu. (From auto to on iirc)

Yeah, thats so right.

In 1.0.2, MTA runs so stable...

MTA was better than SA-MP in FPS stuff, I could play correctly with 128 players online, but now FPS drops sometimes and the objects fade in and out.

Edited by Guest
  • 1 month later...
Hmm, XX3 i think THIS Video is what you want to say?

I have this problem too. But with a clean gta3.img MTA works perfectly. Only if i mod it the game starts going crazyyyy xD

MTA works perfectly on modern computers.

I can say, with this, MTA works perfectly

+3 GB in RAM, +512 on graphics card, and with 4.0 GHz prosessor

Obviously, I'm not counting Windows XP, when I talk about Windows XP, MTA asks +1.5 for run correctly (without windowed mode)

There is a bug with windowed mode on XP, when I set to it and I get +20 fps, game speed goes down and up.

Its like bind N for set game speed to 5, and bind M for set game speed 0.5, then I'll press N and M after 5 secs, and then again press N after 5 secs... well, that's a windowed bug because it didn't happen to full window mode.

Windows XP can't run MTASA with mods, 3 GB Ram is not enough hahaha

I know this because, a parent has a 3 GB PC with XP and I tested MTA on all modes, too I have a millonary friend that has an exelent PC.

Hmm, XX3 i think THIS Video is what you want to say?

I have this problem too. But with a clean gta3.img MTA works perfectly. Only if i mod it the game starts going crazyyyy xD

Well, that's exactly what I'm talking about. That bug exists everytime I mod it. But if I use the stream fix, it will be just fine even with lots of loaded mods.

Stream glitches can happen by both MTA SA's TXD & DFF loader or modifying directly from gta3.img, if you mod or load lots of models.

So this can happen when you load too many custom models ? :shock:

This + lag = :?

Its a bad idea to edit the .img of the game, so its why I edit only the EffectsPC.txd and the particles.txd

but I see that the result of the custom FX arent the same in gta sa and in MTA :? + in MTA so some custom FX make the game crash. At the end, I just can say use enb serie and dont mod your gta sa...

and for MTA 1.0.5 :

Dudes , this one is awesome I can get 80 fps with enb serie on xD

of course it only happens when I am alone, but I cant say its very laggy with 200 players , because I never played with 200 players.

And I say yes for a stream fix.

http://ngaliwet.wordpress.com/2008/07/2 ... n-andreas/

if Alexander can MTA team can do it.

if XX3 is right and we can replace weapons DFF , peds DFF with the engine function ... MTA will explode if it dont use a stream fix.

So this can happen when you load too many custom models ? :shock:

This + lag = :?

Its a bad idea to edit the .img of the game, so its why I edit only the EffectsPC.txd and the particles.txd

but I see that the result of the custom FX arent the same in gta sa and in MTA :? + in MTA so some custom FX make the game crash. At the end, I just can say use enb serie and dont mod your gta sa...

and for MTA 1.0.5 :

Dudes , this one is awesome I can get 80 fps with enb serie on xD

of course it only happens when I am alone, but I cant say its very laggy with 200 players , because I never played with 200 players.

And I say yes for a stream fix.

http://ngaliwet.wordpress.com/2008/07/2 ... n-andreas/

if Alexander can MTA team can do it.

if XX3 is right and we can replace weapons DFF , peds DFF with the engine function ... MTA will explode if it dont use a stream fix.

Alexader sounds like a RockStar Games guy :lol:

Well, as I said on another topic, people can get infinite FPS because 1.0.5 has a bug that doesn't "read" the mtaconfig FPS info, so if I want to set FPS limit on my server, I can't because if I set it to 36, I'll get 100 alone (that's so bad for windowed mode).

I think I have the reason why there is no response from MTA team.

Well, if MTA Team have to import ASI files, ASI files're DLLs files, so it will be easy to hack MTA. For example, I can modify tha ASI file and make a nice hack system

ASI files cannot be protected, because as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) there is no way to "protect" an ASI file.