Noob question. Help needed please!

CTCCoco

I don't see the difference between a client script and server script.

If some functions are in both server and client script, how i can now where i must use?

Please help, I don't understand very well the difference explained in the MTA:SA wiki.

Thanks for all.

If you don't know which to pick, I suggest you to pick the server side(less to download from users) unless it has something related with a client side function only(then again you can use triggerClientEvent to use a client side function on server-side)

If some functions are in both server and client script, how i can now where i must use?

Please help, I don't understand very well the difference explained in the MTA:SA wiki.

Thanks for all.

As stated long time ago, use client-side scripts only for visuals (GUI) and custom models/textures (engine functions) if possible.

Thanks for all.

As stated long time ago, use client-side scripts only for visuals (GUI) and custom models/textures (engine functions) if possible.

And is there a way to protect those client side scripts? I couldn't find a LUA window compiler.

AFAIK, there is no "window compiler". You need to use the console or MTA:SE which compiles your script to find errors (the compiled script is located in your "C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp" folder under temp.luac name).

Ah cool. Is there any possibility to force the script to compile to your resource folder under the script name as an option in the MTA SE?

No, also, it can compile only 1 script at a time (the active one). In the future I want to "compile" all client-side and/or server-side scripts (there should be an option) and zip them so you can upload a .zip straight to your server.