Results of the first annual MTA LAN/ Funtime Party

Aside from a few incidents with the non-gaming side of the gathering, I think the event was a huge winner!

We chose not to reveal who won the game, but prizes were handed out after the cleaning up was done. Congratulations to everyone who attended, and went home with some great memories and door prizes!

Hi guys, I just got back and I had a blast!

It was a fun gathering indeed and it allowed me to get closer to the MTA community in a very real sense. I found the long bathroom lines a bit annoying, however, and it seemed like people were going very often. Did anyone else notice this? Perhaps there was something wrong with the chips they were serving.

I think the food was fine, the organizers were very careful about lots of stuff, they even made everyone hand over their keys when they came in the door. :wink:

I will have to agree with that. I even got a light saber but I wonder how it fit into the MTA theme?

I know we all agreed not to talk about it, But I would like to go on record to say that after what "mr. hankey" did I would not like to see him at our next gathering. And I know I'm not the only one who thinks so, cokacola said right off the bat that he shouldnt have brought that thing in.

I know we all agreed not to talk about it, But I would like to go on record to say that after what "mr. hankey" did I would not like to see him at our next gathering. And I know I'm not the only one who thinks so, cokacola said right off the bat that he shouldnt have brought that thing in.

I knew this was going to come up. I would like to say in advance that there were many who quite enjoyed the sight, and I don't think it's fair to ruin it for everyone. I can say that the events that unfolded lead to a far more fulfilling LAN party for me personally, and if you anyone was offended I apologize.

OFFENDED? ARE YOU KIDDING! being offended was the least of it, Your lucky that I wouldnt go to the authorities cause I don't want to prevent any future events.

Aside from that, the games were fun, if not a little too intense, and although i didnt get a prize, I did get something out of it. since we arent discussing it Ill just say that I decided to take that test we all took again.

And I know I'm not the only one who thinks so, cokacola said right off the bat that he shouldnt have brought that thing in.

Hey let's be fair - I didn't see any signs saying they weren't allowed. But I did feel surprised/excited watching him walk in with it!

I'm just pissed that i didnt make it to the 1on1, everyone paired up but me.

OMG me too! I thought I was the only one but I didn't see there were others... where were you standing?

I thought the RP was the most fun though, I didn't expect them to play it in what was supposed to be a competitive event?

TC I had lots of fun playing games with you in person. The gaming and non-gaming activities were amazing. I don't know what everyone else is complaining about. Every time I think about what we did together I just get shivers up and down my spine. I can't for the next event. :D

Edited by Guest
How come you guys aren't answering my pm's? You all said that having this party wouldnt change things online, but now your all ignoring my messages like everything is my fault.

omg, there's always one noob who cant let it drop. get over it! and whats thius crap about a camera? We agreed it would be somewhat anonymous! thats bullplop!! rule # 6 was NO SOUVINERS OHER THAN PRIZES! speaking of souvineers, thanks a lot whoever brought the "special prize" I got the pm about the "results" of the games. real frickin nice of someone to share it with the rest of us /sarcasm

Edited by Guest
How come you guys aren't answering my pm's? You all said that having this party wouldnt change things online, but now your all ignoring my messages like everything is my fault.

omg, there's always one noob who cant let it drop. get over it! and whats thius crap about a camera? We agreed it would be somewhat anonymous! thats bullplop!! rule # 6 was NO SOUVINERS OHER THAN PRIZES! speaking of souvineers, thanks a lot whoever brought the "special prize" I got the pm about the "results" of the games. real frickin nice of someone to share it with the rest of us /sarcasm

There was a prize????? I think I did well but I didn't get one, or how do you know if you got it? :x

There was a prize????? I think I did well but I didn't get one, or how do you know if you got it?

If you "red" the pm we sent you, you wouldnt need to give "bumps" to topics like that. understand?

You guys are geting dangerously close to talking about it, which we all agreed was off limits. I can't let my friends know that i go to those things.

hey guyzz,

it was good competition and I liked the openended/RP mode best. after that game ended some of the guys at our table decided to continue acting out the game in real life! LOL

also i agree about hankey but thought it wuz kinda wierd. i like animals so i thought it was a little cruel?

btw, does anyone else feel bloated after the event or is it only me :?

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. is this about when eveyone got up and left? I swear you were all acting so secretly. While i was setting up the lan, all i heard was mr hankey yelling at the top of his lungs that he wanted to change his handle to "hankey pankey spankey" then just a loud slap sound. I'm starting to think no one even wanted to play ctf.

hey guyzz,

it was good competition and I liked the openended/RP mode best. after that game ended some of the guys at our table decided to continue acting out the game in real life! LOL

also i agree about hankey but thought it wuz kinda wierd. i like animals so i thought it was a little cruel?

btw, does anyone else feel bloated after the event or is it only me :?

SugarD-x, you weren't sitting in varez's seat by any chance were you? He made quite a mess and no one was supposed to sit there afterwards...

SugarD-x you should have known better than to wear that Hello Kitty robe to the LAN party. I know it's hard to find clothes in your size but you should have at least worn something underneath!

I guess the options now are obvious but I can tell you I saw several people 1v1ing with varez before you came, but I had better precision.