Need help with my Windows 7

DarkSaint

Question

Hello! Just downloaded MTASA-1.0.4 and i installed it. I couldnt enter the game. I got a message from windows that MTASA-1.0.4 is not compatible with my windows. So what to understand? MTASA is not compatible with Windows 7 ? :cry::cry::?:

Edited by Guest

9 answers to this question

• Discord Moderators

Try Right click > Properties > Compatibility > Tick the box called "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

Press Apply and OK, now try opening MTA and see if that helped.

If it didn't, make sure it is ran as Administrator even tho Compatibility mode should do that by default.

If none of these fixed it, please post the exact error message, MTA and OS version.

And obviously make sure your running the latest release build.

• Discord Moderators
If you could send me the link with the patch that would be nice. I took the GTA San Andreas from in regards to potential piracy that may or may not have occurred I will exercise my right to be silent.

I think if his .exe was 1.01 or 2.00 it would display another error message, but you can always try the gta_sa.exe patcher by Talidan.

I'd suggest buying a retail version from shop, using the gta_sa.exe patcher and installing the latest stable MTA:SA version.

I am running 1.0.4 on Windows 7 in Compatibility mode as admin and it runs fine.

When i select the GTA folder and i click ,,Next >'' i receive a error This program cannot update the installed version of GTASA Patch Final because of the following reason:

C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\ROCKSTAR GAMES\GTA SAN ANDREAS\gta_sa.exe:unknown version.