They should not synchronize the Hunter's weapons...

They should not synchronize the Hunter's weaponry  

72 members have voted

1. 1. They should not synchronize the Hunter's weaponry

• - Yes they should, I want the powerful capabilities
    • - No, they should not. It's imbalancing for a Multiplayer game
    • - Please explain more, I don't understand completely what you mean

I am setting up this poll to get an idea of what people think about the topic. Everyone knows that the Hunter is a powerful powerful vehicle.

I'm of the opinion that it's TOO Powerful for a Multiplayer setting

Firstly, aiming is not required. If you remember in the Single Player mode, you just have to be near a car and the guns train in on them, blowing them to bits in seconds.

Secondly, it's powerful enough to destroy a vehicle in a matter of seconds or tear someone to shreds in less time then that. This is not good. For this same reason, the huge gatling gun from over at the Hatian's drug warehouse should also not be brought into the game.

Thirdly, rockets doen't even have to HIT the cars, just hit near enough and the car blows. This is also not good.

Putting the Hunter's weaponry into the game will only make for a mad dash to the helicopter every single time someone gets killed or whatever. Why bother grabbing the big machine gun when you can go get dual rocket launchers, a training machine gun and the ability to fly over everything?

We will try to synchronize the Hunters weaponry, ofcourse. And when we do so, we should also find a fitting environment for it. I agree that the Hunter is too powerful for normal Deathmatch, but it could very well fit in other missions, where weapons are more balanced. We will have to think about this in the future.

when you consider there will be up to 32 players online at any one time ... not only one person will be shooting the hunter ... many people will be shooting it at the same time ....yes whoever is flying the thing has an advantage as far as power goes .. but they also have the dissadvantage that any player seeing the hunter .. ( when the weapons are synced ) will be shooting shit out of it ... and after all its not like they can get out of it too quickly

but they also have the dissadvantage that any player seeing the hunter .. ( when the weapons are synced ) will be shooting shit out of it ... and after all its not like they can get out of it too quickly

You do know that you can jump out of helis when they're flying?

i thik this sync would be a gr8 addition to MTA:VC. However i think the ADMIN for the server should be able to allow certain aspects of mta such as weather or not the hunters weapons should be activated.

Then you could choose if you wanted to enter a game with hunter weapons available or not.

Then everyone would have a fair choice.

yeah but doing that would leave a massive super bug

lets say i got in hunter and server had hunter weapons off

and i go shoot down a helicopter which hasnt really been shot down then i go to where the chopper you shot downs spawn point and i get in it

it will jack the guys helicopter in mid air

and yes this is whats happening in mta 0.1 now

why not have a turn off/on button for the hunter i mean if its not have weapons to the hunter it will still be able to shot the heli down and jack him in the middle of air but if we have it on we kan shot down the heli and he can se that so there will be no suprice hijacking :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Its not a problem at all if rocket launchers can be easily found and they can take down a hunter! If your playing deathmatch you are sort of a sitting (or flying) duck, your an easy target to somebody with a rocket launcher, also if you have at least two hunters then there isnt just one person monopolising it. So what happens when ppl want to use tanks? Do you want to stop the tanks being able to destroy cars when they crash into them?

i did what i always do tick shit before thinking about it, i ticked no the the guns on the heli. but upon thinking about it. it would be better if it did have weapons, but again thinking about it. it would need to be fair,

for example, if there was 2 teams in a match and each team got a hunter it would be fine. but there would need to be a lock on the door so the other team couldnt access the others hunter. or some sort of detarent.

the 2 hunters could be equal distance from the teams spawns so the better drivers gt to them first.

agreed, tanks are awsomely powerful, the only way i can see them being added is in a CTF map where each team gets one tank, with the blowing up of other cars disabled, along with massivly reducing its turret power and rocket resistant armor.

more like a portection vechical from snipers and heavy machine guns, everyone hides behind it while is moves through enemy teritory where heapsa resistance is expected.

problem CTF aint in this version and the tweeking to make it fair will be huge to i dont see this for a while yet.