About the servers requiring you have matching files in next

Xizer

...version. WTF? What an aweful idea! I know it would put an end to cheating, but I have several modded cars! This is not cool. I have a state trooper police car, a banana car, coca-cola truck, some building mods, all kind of shit. I would NOT appreciate this. I would have to reinstall Vice City and miss my mods :(

Tough, quite frankly.

MTA requires an unaltered version of vice city to run. So either copy your current to a new directory then uninstall/reinstall to get a fresh one to play mta with, or dont play mta.

In cs and other FPS can you mod the weapons damage and fire rate and still play online? no, this would be called cheating

In F1 online games can you modify the speed and handling of the cars and still play online? no this would be called cheating

yea man thats not cool altering your files and playing on the net causes you and the rest of us to crash. I hate crashing every half an hour but the other day i played for 2 hours straight. Seems finnally people are starting to realize that mods will crash us all.

I'm assuming you'll still be able to keep your new models, for instance my DeLorean replacing the Infernus... etc.

I think you can still have these cool car models as long as you didn't edit the handling.cfg. I have a couple of edited cars, I'll admit it... My DeLorean actaully travels through time. But I have a backup of my handling.. etc. . .. When I wanna play MTA I'll return the handling to normal and for singleplayer I'll just go back to my modded cars. No biggie.

I'm sick of cheating its getting old. I mean I made my Delorean/infernus like a tank, and when people don't repel from me then I realize, whoa they're cheating too... This sucks.

I have a backup of my handling.. etc. . .. When I wanna play MTA I'll return the handling to normal and for singleplayer I'll just go back to my modded cars. No biggie.

Even better, if you have the HD space, is to make a copy of a whole fresh Vice folder, then use one for mods and one for MTA. I currently have three - one totally unaltred for playing the single player game, one for making, installing mods and one for MTA. I know of other people with up to six seperate installations.