Flying Player platform - Shoot from the sky!

hey guys this is my first post here, i think :?

anyway i look at my Skycat mod one day and i thought...

...what if i welded some platforms on long supports so players could shoot from the sky.

so i did, here is what i had first

SkyCatMTA1.jpg

so player could (theiretically shoot from it in mta) I tested it with a friend in a private MTA room and it worked ok, not great but that was mostly because mta doesnt support animations yet.

So i went to the site to see how 0.2 was coming along, I was interested to see that they were working on a way to access the passenger seat for players.

So i build seats into the platforms so when the heli moved fast the player lifts the bars, sits down and puls the bars down again, secured for a bumpy ride. Then when the heli stops they can get off the seat and kill some peds, aerial style!

so i tested the seats on a single player using the female attraction cheat to attract them to the passenger seats, here is the result.

SkyCatMTA2.jpg

SO all we need now is MTA 0.2 HURRY GUYS I CANT WAIT!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I was the other tested for this in MTA, it works fine except for the odd bug which are anim/lag bugs.

And sometimes when he does a sudden drop well.. lets just say Sliced Vercetti is now on the menu :lol:

Shooting out of it works and you can walk about on the platform but not to much or you'll fall out. Vehicles won't stay on the platforms they just slide off.

But its a GREAT mod and works brilliantly in MTA

Nice! 8)

In the first screen, I notice there is a bike on the platform, can you fly with the bike without it falling off?

only up or down so its ok to elevate a player on a bike to let them ride off onto a building

players however dont slide, but they will fall off at high speed, thats what the seats are for!

Thats one of the reasons it wont be released until MTA 0.2

Nice! 8)

In the first screen, I notice there is a bike on the platform, can you fly with the bike without it falling off?

only up or down so its ok to elevate a player on a bike to let them ride off onto a building

That's what I thought. :(

I think you were involved in the discussion I had about this on GTAForums. (I post there as Pagnell if you hadn't noticed the sig).

BTW, do they delete posts after 1 month!? I tried looking for the original thread but it doesn't seem to be there. :(

Anyway, when I saw that screen I thought you'd found a way of transporting vehicles in other vehicles, but unfortunately not. :( Now I've been reminded I do have one more idea to try though.. :idea:

Will you be limited to carrying three passengers, I don't think there's a vehicle in Vice that holds more than four people in total?

Would be great if you could strap your whole team of eight or more in and dump them down next to the enemy. :D

Which makes me think of parachutes. :wink:

Vehicles that are able to carry 4 people will most likely be able to do so. As for 8, i dont think the bus holds more than 4 =(

actuall the bus holds lots of people, i dont know how many but i have held 15 in it, unfortunately to do this here would mean that the passesngers would disappear unpon entering the heli (why do you think rockstar blacked out the bus windows) they would also climb an invisible set of steps befpre entering.

nice model :) do you have anywhere for a release of it?

it will not be released until MTA:VC 0.2 is released. Although you can get the standard SkyCat at http://www.modding-universe.com/index2.htm

Vehicles that are able to carry 4 people will most likely be able to do so. As for 8, i dont think the bus holds more than 4 =(

actuall the bus holds lots of people, i dont know how many but i have held 15 in it, unfortunately to do this here would mean that the passesngers would disappear unpon entering the heli (why do you think rockstar blacked out the bus windows) they would also climb an invisible set of steps befpre entering.

But it would be quite simple to make sides and a roof, to hide their invisibility, and stairs for the carrying platform, wouldn't it? Then it could serve as a transporter, if not a gun platform.

But it would be quite simple to make sides and a roof, to hide their invisibility, and stairs for the carrying platform, wouldn't it? Then it could serve as a transporter, if not a gun platform.

hmm yeh but the passenger would fall out at average speeds, thats why i made the seat thing, this is the best use for it, i do plan to make a massive land transport however

heres a new shot for ya, a few updates included here

SkyCatMTA3.jpg

heres a new shot for ya, a few updates included here

SkyCatMTA3.jpg

Is that image taken from MTA :?: Because I see peds... They look like NPC peds to me... Also, I don't think the passenger seat inside the actual helicopter would be of any use if you pack them all on that platform thingy eh? Also, why not adding a roof. and why don't you let that small step-up thing that you use to enter the platform rotate that it kind of gets used as a security so you can also stick in vehicles without them falling out? (the roof would help with that protection, maybe add in a bulletproof glass roof :lol:

Oh, and just for looks: Have different textures on the outside of the platform then on the inside :)

Is that image taken from MTA :?: Because I see peds... They look like NPC peds to me... Also, I don't think the passenger seat inside the actual helicopter would be of any use if you pack them all on that platform thingy eh? Also, why not adding a roof. and why don't you let that small step-up thing that you use to enter the platform rotate that it kind of gets used as a security so you can also stick in vehicles without them falling out? (the roof would help with that protection, maybe add in a bulletproof glass roof :lol:

He took that shot in his own game. The seats won't work in the current version of MTA. Hopefully they might in 0.2.

http://www.boomspeed.com/jonaswyns/safetymediumplatform.JPG

http://www.boomspeed.com/jonaswyns/safetyhighplatform.JPG

^----Been thinking, wouldn't this be the ultimate platform? :D

Maybe try making one of those, would be sooooo cool! :D

The medium safety platform would be best for players/infantry

The high saftety platform would be good for bikes.

Sorry for the paint proggy, I just had to make a quick sketch :P