Server Vote Kick system.

Si|ent

Would you like to see a VoteKick system on mta servers.  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a VoteKick system on mta servers.

• Yes
    • No

I like the idea i also get accused almost every day. :(

I even got banned someplace because some noob could not stant it that I shot him in pieces, he calls me a cheater and 1 min later im banned.

:evil:

I dont understand why the admin banned me because he can see if im cheating or not, or cant he. :?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this idea, as it is a common system on many online games.

Regarding banning cheaters, I agree that sometimes innocent people are unfairly accused, and occasionally, an alternate user on one machine can get banned, and that would affect another innocent player who uses the same machine.

Maybe it would be more efficient if admins first temp-banned an alleged cheater (for a week, or however long admin feels is necessary), and then perma-ban on the second offense.

I already see people calling each other cheater all the time. A vote-kick system would make it worse. I get accused almost everytime i kill someone. For some reason everyone takes way too much 'pride' in their gaming skills, and they flip when they get beat even once. I die all the time and I'm ALOMST sure that when you turn the game off the score goes away.

well i think that this is something to add ... but i would like to ask how do you know for certain a person is cheating ? cause i've been accused of cheating ...

is it because you're hard do kill ? well a full health and kevlar guy can be hard to kill ...

is it because when you get killed and you return to the guy he survives again? well he could have gotten kevlar again and full health meanwhile ...

is it because you hit him a lot and he doesn't die ? well who may be hitting him on your game but on his you may not ... this has happened to me i see a guy aiming over my head and firing many rounds while i killed him with some straight shooting ...

so we need to be carefull how to acuse somebody of cheating ... cause otherwise we may see a lot of injust kicking ....

I say yes, but only a 3-hour or so ban. Only admins should be able to ban permanently... and just a kick wouldn't work, since they could just re-join.

Oh ya, and remember to make the default 30% of votes... even if there is a cheater, it's rare for 50% of votes to be 'kick'. I hate how this always happens on CS.

Well, there are two ways you can do it. You can require a certain number of votes for a kick, or a certain percentage of them after some minimum amount of time. I can see problems with both of them.

If you require a certain number of "kick" votes (say, 60% of everybody playing), then a server on which several people are afk will not be able to kick anyone.

If you require a certain percentage of "kick" votes (say, 60% or more "kick"), you depend on people to vote "no kick" for people who aren't disrupting the game. But if a player is not playing on a team and doesn't have many friends on the server, even if he's playing fairly, he's not going to get many "no kick" votes. Most people will just think, "what do I care if that guy gets kicked off?" and avoid the trouble of voting.

One thing you could try is monitoring players for activity and then counting each player who's obviously not afk and who doesn't vote as a "no kick" vote. But, still, this only works to kick a player if he has pissed a lot of other players off. If I'm cheating, but I keep attacking the same one or two people over and over again, there's no way I'll get enough votes to kick me. Most people won't even know who I am.

I think the best thing to do, rather than have a voting system, is have an admin alert system. For instance, you could pretty easily write a program that monitors the chat on every server for some word or phrase, then an admin could be alerted whenever it is spoken. For instance, if the alert word was "admin":

Server 1: Player 1 - Admin, I think player 2 is cheating.

Server 1: Player 3 - Yes, admin, please check player 2.

Then the admin could say, "there are multiple people on server 1 complaining about player 2. I'd better check it out." And then he could decide whether someone should be warned / kicked / whatever. And if the admins got flooded with requests, they could just see which servers were sending the most and check those out first.

But where's the motivation to vote "no kick?" The only people who'll vote "no kick" are people who are friends of the person being voted on or people in his gang. If I see a message saying, "now taking votes on whether to kick such and such player," and I don't know "such and such player," I don't vote. Frankly, I don't care whether he gets kicked, and I don't want to take time away from the game to place a vote. Especially if it's on a player whose name I don't recognize and who I don't know how to vote on. (You only notice people's names when they cheat, not when they don't cheat.)

I guess you could make the voting mandatory. You know, "Game paused. Vote 'kick' or 'no kick' to continue." But if votes were common, this would slow the game down way too much.

Also, what if my gang had five people and yours had four and you got a hold of a flame thrower or got on top of a high building with a sniper rifle or something and started kicking my gang's ass? We could just vote you off rather than try to kill you. Or, if only, say, three people on a server wanted somebody off, they could travel around together and tell people, "if you vote to kick this guy we won't kill you" until they had enough votes for the kick. You could just as easily get "no kick" votes. "Hey, vote 'no kick' and I'll let you fly the hunter and promise not to attack you."

I, personally, wouldn't want to do anything like this because it takes the challenge and fun out of the game. I'm just saying that, if you give players new powers, some of them will surely find ways to abuse those powers. So on the one hand, you might get rid of a lot of cheaters. On the other, you might give them a new way to cheat.

I like the idea of putting the power to kick / ban in the hands of the admins. Or, if there just aren't enough of them, create a "voter" level between "player" and "admin." These could be people who logged a certain number of hours online without any complaints, or people appointed by the admins (and if they ignored the votes too frequently, maybe they'd lose their privilege). Then maybe a normal player could ask for a vote, but only the "voters" could vote on it.

Vote kick sounds like a terrible idea to me. The players will form vicious kicking mobs if that happens. May I ask, is there a way to set up admin accounts for other people (I haven't set up a server yet, so I don't know whether it already exists), with a username and password? I am thinking admin mod style.

ive thought about this issue a heep and ive come up with a heep of prs and cons but one thing i figured is that with the new interface of having peoples names are shown so u should be able to figure out whos cheating,

in mta when ever i see a cheater i just confront them with as much force as i can and often its fun, i get as many people to gang up on them as posible and we just run around shooting and running them over until they get sick of it and they leave,

so i think in some cases the voting might help but at the exact same time it takes away the fun of letting people try to cheat and get away with it

in conclusion i think that mtavc should be left without a voting system because of all the pros and cons i came up with i came up with more then twice the amount of cons then pros

The ones who said No must be cheaters.

don't agree with that... what if 10 cheaters are together on a public server... they can kick al the other players that will come to play online... Or if you are 'to good', other players really soon call you a cheater, that would not be funny... just look how good it goes in version 2 with the protection...

a server vote kick system hmm...

if there was a server vote kick system added, then people would undoubtebly get kicked for some very stupid reason

e.g. he ran u over with a car to kill u instead of getting out and fighting so everyone calls him lame for getting a "cheap kill" so they boot em.. i myself run over people with cars at times to either a. pull off a joke or b. cuz i see a real possibility of them dying by me doing it so i continue to do so until there dead. the game is freeform people, there are major drawbacks to killing this way as well as advantages"

e.g.2 he was in a arguement over wether one of the majoritys friends health bar isnt going down so they just decide to kick him instead of investigating it themselves to find out if its lag or not... (im sure this would happen more than once) (and yes i realize that some arguements do justify banning but a lot of them are more questions that people take personally)

e.g.3 he was in the middle of doing a stunt and some other people wanted him to deathmatch right that second so instead of waiting they just assume that hes not going to deathmatch or that hes loading up or plain ol get tired of waiting so they just boot em.

there are countless scenarios where the vote kick system could be applied unfairly and there would be no way to stop most of em. i would personally like to not see it applied since most of the servers are regulated pretty good already... what i would like to see applied are admin accounts that give the admin the ability to put someone "under him" and give that person the ability to kick ban for 30 minutes etc.

please take into account all the possible scenarios mta team and wiegh whether you think that it would be good to have the vote kick system in

my vote goes to no

p.s. yes i have played games with the vote kick system in it and i tend to find more lameness than anything else with it, since 90% of the time someone is kicked, they are kicked for something really stupid

e.g. he was doing well

and the other 10% of the time are good kicks where he wouldnt shut up etc...

a server vote kick system hmm...

if there was a server vote kick system added, then people would undoubtebly get kicked for some very stupid reason

e.g. he ran u over with a car to kill u instead of getting out and fighting so everyone calls him lame for getting a "cheap kill" so they boot em.. i myself run over people with cars at times to either a. pull off a joke or b. cuz i see a real possibility of them dying by me doing it so i continue to do so until there dead. the game is freeform people, there are major drawbacks to killing this way as well as advantages"

e.g.2 he was in a arguement over wether one of the majoritys friends health bar isnt going down so they just decide to kick him instead of investigating it themselves to find out if its lag or not... (im sure this would happen more than once) (and yes i realize that some arguements do justify banning but a lot of them are more questions that people take personally)

e.g.3 he was in the middle of doing a stunt and some other people wanted him to deathmatch right that second so instead of waiting they just assume that hes not going to deathmatch or that hes loading up or plain ol get tired of waiting so they just boot em.

there are countless scenarios where the vote kick system could be applied unfairly and there would be no way to stop most of em. i would personally like to not see it applied since most of the servers are regulated pretty good already... what i would like to see applied are admin accounts that give the admin the ability to put someone "under him" and give that person the ability to kick ban for 30 minutes etc.

please take into account all the possible scenarios mta team and wiegh whether you think that it would be good to have the vote kick system in

my vote goes to no

p.s. yes i have played games with the vote kick system in it and i tend to find more lameness than anything else with it, since 90% of the time someone is kicked, they are kicked for something really stupid

e.g. he was doing well

and the other 10% of the time are good kicks where he wouldnt shut up etc...

Exactly. Everytime I have run a vote kick system on my Half-Life servers, it has been nothing but trouble. Heck, the players even tried to kick an admin one time.