Server Vote Kick system.

Si|ent

Would you like to see a VoteKick system on mta servers.  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a VoteKick system on mta servers.

• Yes
    • No

Another chance for you guys to effect the development of MTA.

There is talk of adding a voting system to the mta server, much like counter strike. If enough players vote to kick a specfic player they will be ejected.

So, is this a good idea?

PRO's:

Gives some power to the ordinary players who are having their game disrupted, and are unable to find the admin for action to be taken.

Admins dont have to monitor their servers so much to maintain order.

CON's:

Trainers and flooding will be blocked in version 0.2 and above, so the lamers will be looking for some other way to spoil others fun, the voting sytem could be abused by these people, all it takes is a few idiots on a server and all decent players could be repeatedly kicked.

Admins dont have so much exclusive control over their server.

Innocent people are always being accused of cheating,(i get accused every day!) A decent admin will usually be careful to verify this before taking action, when 'Joe Public' has the power it may be easy to start a mob reaction and get innocent people kicked

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been kicked many times in halflife with this vote kick. Just because I was doing very well. Im not saying that it wont be used for good, but it would be nice if it was some kinda percent.

halflife and mta is different in hl you can't realy c when somebody is cheating ( if he has a good cheat or hack :P ) in mta you can c it 100% because the players that cheat don't try to hide it (and if they do they suck at it :P )

if they happen to be around, and the admin can kick anyway

but on public servers 9 outs of 10 times the public do the right thing.

*xerox makes note to self that mta team should be exempt from kick* ;-P

team as in team + the team's beloved mods? :P

I voted yes, but this yes should only count for if the option of voting can be configurable and disabled when needed. configurable as in some extra options like setting the minimum % of yes votes of which the kick will be carried out, etc.

I think the admin ban capability or kick is good enough, the team should be working on more other important aspects of the game. (unless this is extremely easy to implement)

Just my 2 cents.

very good idea,

i'm really getting bored by cheaters.

add it in the server config file, like in CS.

"serverkick 1"

^----means kicking is enabled, 0 to disable

"serverpctkick "0.66" " or something like that

^---- means that 66 procent of total votes needed to kick someone

to annihilate voting being disabled by afk's make it the precent of votes,

not total players

anyway, i know team's going to find decent solution.

greetings,

xerxes

I voted yes but like Ranma said, there should be some limitations land being able to configure it.... Maybe not everybody wants it and obviously the cheaters are not gonna vote...*HEY* they should vote if they want to vote... get what i mean? FIrst everybody has to vote yes or no then if there are more yes'es then the votekick system is enabled... hehe

sure, a vote kick system would be good, but ONLY if theres some kind of warning system that tells you you could be kicked, i remember ive been kicked for reasons i dont know why. (in counterstrike)