[REL] Cockpits

=== orangeppop's super duper cockpit system ===

Adds 3D cockpit / first person camera views to all of the GTA vehicles except some boats, the Rhino and SWAT tank, and the Andromeda.

== Controls ==

vehicle_look_left (default Q)

vehicle_look_right (default E)

vehicle_look_behind (you may need to set this yourself under the MTA:SA settings, I use 'c')

change_camera (default V)

== Commands ==

playervisibleincar [1 or 0] - sets whether you can see the player model when you are in the cockpit. Default setting: 1

useroll [1 or 0] - sets whether the camera rolls with the car. Default setting: 1

aircraftcompat [1 or 0] - 1 binds look (left/right/behind/up) to the special_control_(left/right/down/up) controls, so you can look around without using the rudder in aircraft. Default setting: 0.

== Known Issues ==

- All of the GTA:SA glass bugs apply. If you look through a glass screen in the cockpit, some objects cannot be seen (this includes the water). The glass disappears if you turn your lights on, however.

- If your car (or plane etc.) rolls more than 90* either way, the camera will flip around and do funny stuff.

- If you look left/right in a plane/helicopter, your rudder also moves >> to solve this, do use the 'aircraftcompat' command <<

== Planned updates ==

- The ability to mouselook (when I've got some time... maybe in the summer.)

== Tips ==

Some cars - e.g. hustler, hermes - are really hard to see out of. I can't do anything about that, and I think it makes the game more fun and more realistic - but you can always turn off the cockpit before you get into the car if it's a real problem. Tail-dragging planes (e.g. nevada, rustler) are also hard to see out of to taxi - but once you speed up, the tail will lift off the ground. In cars with rear engines, you won't be able to see when the car is about to explode - but you should still be able to hear it.

== Help (me) ==

If you find any bugs, or would like the cockpit in your favourite car to be moved around a bit (setting 185 cockpits manually, I'm bound to get one or two a bit wrong :) ) feel free to contact me on IRC or PM me on the forums.

By the way, feel free to tear apart this script as much as you like (you can even take the vehicle offsets and make it into a better cockpit script). Some credit would be nice, but it's not compulsory if it's only a tiny little bit of your script.

== Thankies ==

To everyone on the IRC channel / forum who helped me <3

Changelog:

0.1.2 Huge improvements to bike cockpits and changed the way the cockpit is accessed (now it pretends to just be another camera mode). I've tweaked the way the camera rolls too, now it feels a bit more fluid and natural rather than being solidly fixed.

0.1.1 Fixed a bug where the cockpit camera wasn't disabling in vehicles in which it wasn't enabled; added a new command (aircraftcompat) which allows you to bind the look commands to 'special_control' ones, fixed some cockpits.

0.1.0 Fixed the bug where cockpits didn't change when your vehicle did - i.e. the script should now work with the race gamemode! :DD

0.0.4 Added camera roll, fixed a few cockpits.

0.0.3 Changed controls as requested - they now use the default vehicle_look_[left/right/behind] binds. You need to set three controls though, I haven't yet figured out how to do get look left + right to make look behind. Also altered a few cockpits to correct incorrect camera position.

0.0.2 Added look left/right/behind commands bound to q, e, and c respectively.

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... ils&id=844

It should now work with the race gamemodes. :D

Edited by Guest

Mr. Hankey - that's a great idea, thanks (if only I'd known about the function before I spent all weekend setting up every cockpit by hand :( ). I'll have a punt at it tomorrow, when I'm more awake.

0.0.2 released, includes look left/right/behind binds (defaulted to q, e and c).

Having had a nosy around the Valhalla server, I have to say I prefer my manually-set cockpits - yours don't work perfectly with every car, and the camera moves around with the neck - so it might not be the right function for me. I love your first person view, though (on foot).

Genuine thanks for that link, I'm sure I'll learn lots from it - you do it very very differently to me.

Version 0.0.3 out, fixes a few cockpits and now uses the default binds for look left/right/behind

EDIT: 0.0.4 released, adds camera roll (toggleable).

EDIT: 0.1.0 released - fixes the bug which stopped it from working well with the race gamemodes. hurrah!

EDIT: 0.1.1 released, fixes a few bugs, cockpits and adds some binding options to fix conflicts with aircraft rudders.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
How about a toggle button?

Done in 0.1.2 - if you press change_camera (V by default afaik), you can cycle through views as you would normally (bodged it so that my camera pretends to be another mode). Thanks for the feedback :)

Mr.Hankey: I have looked at that script, but the maths in it is going to take a rainy day for me to work through - so thanks, it is still on my to-do list.

• 2 years later...