How does valhalla's login system work??

Though I'm not a vG scripter and am therefore guessing it's a little like this:

Registering -:

You register on the site which adds data to a MySQL database and waits for an admin to review your app, at which point they change a variable on your account which may be liked "AdminApproved" to 1, this is then checked ingame (through MySQL Lua code) and it 'asks' the database if the account is approved, if it was they are able to login, otherwise they're told they haven't been approved or haven't registered on the website.

Logging in -:

The login system makes Lua calls to a MySQL database and checks if the account meets something like the following criteria:

-Does the account exist?

-Do the login details match what we have on file?

-Is the account approved by an admin? (If AdminApproved is 1 your accepted, if 0 then you were either denied/not yet approved)

If it meets all of the above criteria it will allow you to login, it then sends you to the character select screen and this is more data lifted from the database related to your account.

^Hope the above answers your question. :)

Hmm, yeah I think Valhalla's login system was so advanced!

I really wanna know how they did all those for a simple thing.

Valhalla mostly have really advanced scripts, included in the server. I was so pleased if they release at least one of their resources? :mrgreen:

thank you uniqu3 that makes sense i kinda had a hunch it was mySQL related and as for varez....you know there are many ways you could go about this correct? lol maybe you shouldn't post if you have nothing useful to say I was trying to get an idea because I thought the admins who check the application entered the information manually into the database and that would be how they could add donators, admins, ect. but adding an event is also a way to go about it

thank you uniqu3 that makes sense i kinda had a hunch it was mySQL related and as for varez....you know there are many ways you could go about this correct? lol maybe you shouldn't post if you have nothing useful to say I was trying to get an idea because I thought the admins who check the application entered the information manually into the database and that would be how they could add donators, admins, ect. but adding an event is also a way to go about it

No event as such, just that the server and PHP-based website both share a database.

As for the login, you login to an account, which stores things such as your username, password, email, etc. Then characters are in an alternative table with a field relating them to the account.

Source: I'm the Ex-Valhalla Owner / Scripted most of VG, and the entire account system.

No event as such, just that the server and PHP-based website both share a database.

As for the login, you login to an account, which stores things such as your username, password, email, etc. Then characters are in an alternative table with a field relating them to the account.

Hmm, and that's what I explained in my post.

Source: I'm the Ex-Valhalla Owner / Scripted most of VG, and the entire account system.

Daniels...Again? I don't ever stop bumping into you do I... :P

^What server you playing at now or w/e?