ASE & MTA?

hi, i was wondering if anyone could tell me how ase passes the ip to mta?

i'd like to be able to create a shortcut that launches the launcher and automatically connets, from ase i figured it was the "mta.exe connect" but that just seems to connect using the last ip used? if anyone would help me i'd most appricate it

and in case anyone is interested, i got bored and made this, the idea is that one computer runs the server, and then people connect using the client (strangly enough) the server holds a list of gta 3 mta games (its very simple to chang to vice city if anyone is interested, i thought kinda a front end, put it together quickly, but if someone had a 24/7 connection and wanted to see if this would catch on i'd be happy to send it to them)

i made it because i felt i wanted something super simple to use, bot the mta client and server are launched from the client. i'm not sure if it would be useful for people who play lan games or not...i could set it so it searches the local subnet so with lan's it would automatically find the server and show the games avaliable. crazy idea? (after being told the command lines for mta, which is nice to have a shortcut from straight to the offical server :) i thought i could take it one step further) i hope this isn't taken as offensive to mta some how, its just my way of trying to support?

Client.jpg

Server.jpg

We have already implement more than half of the in-client server browser, but we have haulted development on it right now to concentrate on the next version of the mod.

We will continue this and it will eventually be an option.

As I said, we have already completed quite a bit of it, so it is somewhat pointless to bring even another person in to rewrite what is already quite good.

Good work on the tool though, seems interesting.

thanks :) wasn't sure if that would get taken the right way, it is well sorta half complete i guess, theres probably bugs in it, i'm sure theres better ways to do it, but if anyone is interested in hosting the server for a few days to see if it works fine i'd be most grateful, if someone does, then i'll put a link to download the client thing, its got the limit of the integer for the amount of games it can list, and with how many can connect, but i doubt they'll be 32,000 + people playing at any one time, at least not for a while but that can be changed

well, the only things i can think of, is if i was to add an option to start either vc or gta3, get the program to figure out when the mtaserver is closed so it removes it off the servers list, at the moment when you close the client it removes it from the server, oh, also the client loads and saves the server settings on load and when you launch the server, (and incase someone who's anti vb all the way, its in vb, hence how i made it so quickly, and i know the gui needs to be worked on, again it was quick, but thats easy enough)

(it was more of a learning thing for me, as i've never done anything with tcp before, tried to do it with udp, but from what i can tell, you can't have more than one incoming connection, at least not in a simple way)

again if anyones interested my msn is [email protected] (its doubles as my email too)