Creating Tables?

Hi,

I just wondered how I set up tables which have e.g 3 coords and this 5 times. Like this:

x,y,z
x2,y2,z2
x3,y3,z3

I know how to do it in SA:MP, but not in MTA. I've also searched through the forum and google for a tutorial for "how I create tables in LUA", but I didn't found anything like this. I want this because I want to load multiple coordinates for the gas stations, and then later check if the Player is near them.

Thank you 50p! My last thing I want to ask is: How should I load them into the Table?

Load what into them?

If you want to store coords in tables, then just put them in. You can use map files to store coords in them but this is different.

But if you mean, take those coords out of the table then you do it like in PAWN:

x1, y1, z1 = tab[ 1 ][ 1 ], tab[ 1 ][ 2 ], tab[ 1 ][ 3 ];
x2 = tab[ 2 ][ 1 ];
y2 = tab[ 2 ][ 2 ];
z2 = tab[ 2 ][ 3 ];

Map files are the best place to store position-based data, that's what they're designed for. This is fast, and can be edited by the MTA editor - and various other editors.

I just added the coordinates from every Gas Station right to in the Table, and now I just load the remaining gas amount in the Gas Station with a "Gas Station ID".

Here's a little question, because I don't want to create a new Topic just because of a small math thing: How can I get a higher Gas price when the amount of gas is getting "smaller"?

I just added the coordinates from every Gas Station right to in the Table, and now I just load the remaining gas amount in the Gas Station with a "Gas Station ID".

Here's a little question, because I don't want to create a new Topic just because of a small math thing: How can I get a higher Gas price when the amount of gas is getting "smaller"?

I'd like to answer your question but I don't get your idea.

something like that?

gasLeft = 0.75 -- i assume that your gas meter have values from 0 to 1
maxGasValue = 1 -- to make math more readable
gasPrice = 5000 -- "main" gas price
gasExtraPrice = ((gasLeft-maxGasValue)*-1)*1000 -- extra 1000 if your gas is empty, extra 500 if your gas is half empty etc..

I'd like to answer your question but I don't get your idea.

something like that?
gasLeft = 0.75 -- i assume that your gas meter have values from 0 to 1
maxGasValue = 1 -- to make math more readable
gasPrice = 5000 -- "main" gas price
gasExtraPrice = ((gasLeft-maxGasValue)*-1)*1000 -- extra 1000 if your gas is empty, extra 500 if your gas is half empty etc..

I meant when the remaining gas in the Gasstation is dropping, the fuel price is getting higher per liter. Like this:

Remaining Gas in station: 500
Remaining gas in Car: 50/70
"standard" gas price: 9$

After I have filled up my car it should be like this:

Remaining gas in station: 480

Remaining gas in car: 70/70

gas price now: 11$

Remaining Gas in station: 500
Remaining gas in Car: 50/70
"standard" gas price: 9$

After I have filled up my car it should be like this:

Remaining gas in station: 480

Remaining gas in car: 70/70

gas price now: 11$

standardPrice = 9
currentPrice = 9
priceWhenThereIsNoGas = 30
maxGas = 500
remainingGas = 500

function takeGasAndCountNewPrice(amount)
if (amount<=remainingGas) then
   remainingGas = remainingGas - amount
   currentPrice = ((remainingGas - maxGas) * -1 * priceWhenThereIsNoGas/maxGas) + 9
end
end

not tested of course.. modify it to suits your needs

varez, I don't get it why, you take away smaller value from larger value and convert it to positive value... What's the point? Why not simply swap the order and get the same value w/o multiplying negative value by -1?

a = (30 - 50) * -1
-- is equivalent to:
a = 50 - 30;