Giving away my hard job [??]

dzek (varez)

Question

Hello,

I think I got bored with MTA, or something like that (I was playing it only because of cool scripting features).

I think I'll shutdown my server at the end of the month (I wasn't online for 1 month already).

Now the offer/question:

Is anybody interesed in scripts? I can give all I wrote, but only to one person, so the scripts will keep beeing unique.

This is what I did:

- Auto-save cash (no bank, or anything, just gives cash on login, saves on logout/quit)

- BMX Challenge -> 4 difficult levels, admin set checkpoints/names/prizes/start place to the map file, and that's all :)

- Cash is written on TAB board (I was using standard board, not the dx one)

- Burnout script -> in car press accelerate and break to make BURNOUT bar fill. When it turn red release break and get sweet boost :D [to anybody: this should contain one more line of code (checking the car type, now you can use it on planes etc), i was too lazy to add it :P]

- Car lock -> press "l" to lock the closest car (max 15meters away) that is owned by you. Sound included :D

- Catapult -> okay, this one need some changes, it was just test, but I put this online and never fixed. You can get into marker, buy catapult, then press "x" to make it work and push you high in the sky (like in the movies xD) -- it will give you free parachute too :) Coordinates of shops are set in xml or map file.

- Clouds fix -> This will remove the clouds after player is over some point (can't remeber the height, but you cannot access it plane) -- useful for skyroads, where clouds are annoying fps killers.

- Drift -> A bit changed and fixed one script from community. Addionally it interacts with stats resource (more info below).

- Drug shop -> Shop where you can influence yourself with drugs -> Crazy effect, everything is shaking, trees are weird, everything is colorful, car steering are crazy (left = right, accelerate = break, and vice versa). Really cool! Set coordinates of shops in map file. I can't remember where was the prize and time of effect set. Probably in map file too.

- F5 Teleport -> admins set in xml categories and places (name + coordinate). Players access this menu via F5.

- F7 menu -> really cool menu with few features like "take me to my last car" and "take my last car to me". You can also set 4 favourites positions, give cash to other placers with nice gui, and this shows the stunt scores (your best and server best).

- Few maps made by me, my sister and my friend from MTA - Surv!voR -> take it or remove it. In all those maps theres 2 maps from community -> beach party (I've added music) and crysis (I was using it on freeroam). Another party place with music was done by 2nd admin - Playar.

- Speed markers -> If you put marker in map editor, then edit map file (in any resource) and set some values -> your marker will be speed marker -> multiplying speed of vehicle by set value. Nice for stunts :) Not the best way to edit map file in notepad, but its better to use this instead of scripting every marker.

- Moving objects - this will help you to create moving objects (working like elevator).. set two positions, move time, and "wait/idle" time in map file. thats all! remember to run this resource before any other. This isn't perfect (weird things after you restart maps with moving objects set). But it's great start for scripter :)

- Beta version of my peds script. I think it's nothing cool after release of SlothBot :P It spawn peds with molotov that is killing players. Or players can spawn peds by themselves (curretly disable). Great math on molotov throw. But it's bit buggy. Really! Use at own risk.

- Random messagess -> prints random message of all set in lua file every 5 minutes. Nothing big.

- Random prize -> not tested in multiplayer. I was too lazy to set coordinates. This is creating pickup in random place (must be set in xml/map file) and all players are notified about fun. Every player see only distance to pickup, and nothing more. The fun is to find the pickup. Winner takes $5000, and everybody are notified about winner. I set a lot of coordinates in Las Venturas. If anybody wants it, I'll give it too. I didn't make this totally random place, to prevent situations of spawning pickup inside of buildings/mountains/whatever. One round is every 30 minutes or something (can't remember, but it could be changed of course).

- Safe zone -> Safe zone script, zones on the radar, you can't be hurt there, and you can't shoot. You can be hit with heli rotor, and you won't die :D

- Serial -> This just write player serial to console on connect. Useful when somebody reports you a cheater/whatever, so you can do serial-ban after he disconnect. Just find serial in server logs.

- Stunt. Modified version of stunts script from community. It's giving a cash for stunts (wheelie, jumps, drift), and it also store every record in database (wheelie distance, time, stoppie distance, time, jump rotation, distance, time, etc, drift distance, points, time -- they are all separated records!) It uses MySQL, not SQLite!

- Tank party - Puts players in tanks, creates a lot of cars, and players can free shoot to cars. Players can't exit tanks, or steal them somewhere to kill others. All action is in closed area. Enter/exit only via markers.

- Team serial - simple (should be made better) script, to auto-assign players to team. Via serial.

- Text-plugin -> just a "plugin" -> for easier creating nice text. A lot of my scripts is using that. Wan't to create sweet "Mission passed. $1000" Like in single player? Or any other great looking DX text? It's easy with this. Just set "presets" and trigger event.

- Travel - this is connected with crysis map. Puts player in plane, he can't move or do anything. Then after he is above the island it push player out of plane and giving parachute. Great fun :)

- Trucking mission - Set start/end positions, name of mission, and prize. Your trucking missions are working!

- Version-blocker. You have annyoing player that is using 1.0.2 version or earlier just to use handling mods/other mods? Don't ban him. Just add him to list of player that are "in need of upgrade" ;) This won't allow to play players will certain serials. All is set in lua. It can be written better. Great challenge for beginning scripter :P

- Welcome window / login. It shows welcome window with your image, and few texts (in tabs! - you can separate "pure welcome" text and rules, contact, gameplay info etc!) and after it - login window (with ability to register). Camera is showing 2 places when the gui's are active. You can re-appear welcome/login window with command, or F9 key (you can change that if you want to use helpmanager - it was not useful for me so i disabled it). Very nice script, becouse welcome and login windows are not colliding :)

- XMLsave. Not finished script. It just make saving coordinates easier (for my others script). Ingame just enter few commands, and after that you can press the key to save currect position to xml file. But this really need a fix. I just started it.

NOTICE! I don't know if i really shutdown the server and give away these scripts. But i think i will (80% chance). I just don't have the time for mta, and all players i know are not playing anymore too. I can't contact 2nd admin. So i think it's the end of the server.

Oh and if somebody ask -> why I'm putting this post if i'm not sure. Just to see if anybody is interested in my scripts

PS. You can test all scripts there:

HOSTNAME: vps.metal.info    [this is not a www! This is server hostname, i just don't know IP]
PORT: 22003
Servername: 24/7 Freeroam Advanced (something there)

Thank you community :)

20 answers to this question

• MTA Team

maybe a stupid question but ... why not release the scripts to the community? That way your work won't get lost. You clearly put a lot of time and effort in it. Cause in the end no one can prevent the new owner from doing the same.

its hosted in Poland in Polish company Active-Hosting.pl

its hosted on UNMANAGED vps machine on Linux.

and vps is bought under my account with my personal info, so i can't give it to you

and question from your PM:

I don't have website for this server.

I'd add the scripts to my freeroam server if you really want to give it away like that.

But releasing it to the MTA community would definitely help more then just one guy, and I can give you a reason for that:

Most of the admins already have a system that i.e. saves money or rewards stunts, at least those who are interested in it.

On the other hand, it would really, really help the newbies who don't know how to do that if the scripts were in the community base.

So, think about it.

I'd add the scripts to my freeroam server if you really want to give it away like that.

But releasing it to the MTA community would definitely help more then just one guy, and I can give you a reason for that:

Most of the admins already have a system that i.e. saves money or rewards stunts, at least those who are interested in it.

On the other hand, it would really, really help the newbies who don't know how to do that if the scripts were in the community base.

So, think about it.

Yes, i belive so too.

This sounds intresting i am looking for some stuff but is this script Role Play for MTA cause i have been around along time with [GX] GANG X and we need a gang mode and stuff where if the turff is flashing its under attack if any one knows how to do this or how to script or also put in a theme song for our server at the character select screen and real time and all that please get back to.

i hope somebody will enjoy them ^^

C'mon.. this is going to help more than a bunch of guys who wanna start hosting server and can't script their own resources. Also, it's RARE to see someone like you in internet giving his work away for free. I really appreciate that. :wink:

i will share with community with few days.. i had some guyz interested.. but they all stopped to talk, even beeing online..

i just want to prepare them, fix some of them

then give away.

over 20 resources.. i hope somebody will enjoy them ^^

Very late response but Is there a link for the resources/scripts I would like to try out teleport menu, and welcome window :D