Future MTA Game Modes.

the idea is good but there are a few limiting factors. Firstly, there should be at least 50 players so that the game would stay intresting. Secondly, I think that playing a civilian would be boring unless you add a number of tasks for them. Who wants just to walk around watching cops chasing robbers? You should be more specific and make up winning and losing factors etc.

yeah I was hoping ppl would think of something, lol.

hmm, how about making it really simple, so you can start off as a civilian then you can apply to join the police/army whatever.

the remaining civilians can do whatever they want, they would most likely break the law so the police can deal with that, if it gets too bad army can be called etc, i think that would work quite nicely.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, how about making it really simple, so you can start off as a civilian then you can apply to join the police/army whatever.

the remaining civilians can do whatever they want, they would most likely break the law so the police can deal with that, if it gets too bad army can be called etc, i think that would work quite nicely.

im sure that there would be alot of noobs/ppl who dont care, that would completely fuck up the gameplay. if you could somehow elminate them, or make it so that they couldnt fuck it up, that would be great and would be alot of fun, although it might seem a little dead with out peds (AI peds)

An RPG type server is something that has been much discussed before in these forums, and yes I agree it would be fun in an entirely different way to the current dm/ffa servers. It would be quite a challenge to provide a suitably free form environment yet retain fairly strict 'pidgeon holes' for each person and logical ways of leveling up. Whilst retaining an overall balance to the gameplay. This is not something we are likely to consider doing ourselves, but Blue will give you the oppertunity to create something like this. Providing of course you have the skills needed both technique and design wise.

bah, you want sims online, get sims online.

i would not mind joining a server that was more about social interaction than shooting, but i am not the rpg type who would be willing to invest time to developing a character.

Same here. I would NOT like to spend time in VC trying to "build up a character". That is not what VC is about... VC is about killing, killing, killing, oh yea, and drugs :P

In my opinion MTA should reflect the idea of GTA which is basically freedom to do what you want. If you like the RPG element of GTA, then a specifically RPG suited server would be for you, if you like just shooting the asterisks out of people, then a dm server is for you, if you like racing around in cars then a check-point race server is for you and so on.

bah, you want sims online, get sims online.

i would not mind joining a server that was more about social interaction than shooting, but i am not the rpg type who would be willing to invest time to developing a character.

Same here. I would NOT like to spend time in VC trying to "build up a character". That is not what VC is about... VC is about killing, killing, killing, oh yea, and drugs :P

Well... you won't like San Andreas then :roll:

I think experience points would be good, as long as the RPG elements don't overtake the main gameplay (like Everquest, where all people think about is increasing their level).

it wouldnt just be RPG like, i mean no doubt many people will commit crimes, like killing people, driving erratically even and the cops sort it out.

I can never make a addon like this as I'm not a programmer :)

I dunno, it sounds pretty cool to me, and its most simplest level there doesnt have to be rankings etc, ppl can just join the server and start their role of what they wanna be, so if you feel like being chased by loadsa cops you can just join the server, ram a cop car or something and the cops will be all over you.

similarly if you want to be a cop and feel like givnig chases you can do that.

then you can leave th eserver, no worries about game rankings etc.

I dont want to read 23 pages, I just write my opinion here :)

What about a real Attack/Defend game for mta clans?

Well we could make it with MTA:Ma but if you insert it like a game mode it will be good. For example... in the skin selection you can choice what is your clan and what set of weapons you want to use. Each clan plays with a different skin etc.

Ive got something that I think would possibly give MTA the level of fresh new gameplay that might really rake in some fervent followers. Although this is a fairly extensive explanation, the 'mod' I propose would be a slight mirror of an MORPG, but without the massive =)

Anyway, heres the basic intro:

You have come to a time and place where gangs are the stronghold of fame and failure. Money is the pinnacle of survival, allegiences are your gateway. The only way for you is to go up. Unlike most other RPGs, teamplay is forced upon players in a non rigid environment, and skill is no longer displayed in experience points, only in your pocket and your trigger finger.

Layout of "GangStar"

MORPG

GangStar

Login and player storage:

-register nickname

-saves kills and money serverside upon exit and every 30 minutes for saftey (tweak?)

Start:

-When beginning newly on a server, you start as a thug with just a pistol

-and no allegience to any gangs.

Goals:

-Go find a gang to get in (probably the newb NPC group OR police force) explained later

-Kill thugs from other gangs, and recieve proportional money via difficulty

-Gain status from kills and money

-Use money to create gangs if there are open HQ(headquarter)/spawn spots available

Gang Owners/Top thugs:

-The creator of a gang purchases the gang member's weapon spawns (add armor, new weapons), car spawns, bike spawns

-The creator also ultimately can purchase tanks and heilocopters

-Top 10% thugs of the group can also use their own money to purchase spawn points

Gang Headquarters:

-Titled after Gang founder (ex: Aphid's henchmen)

-Preset spots on the map with preset spawns

-Based on quality of realestate, price varies for purchasing

-Can be bought out by another gang if they have 3x the current gang's net worth

-Has vehicle spawns, and weapon spawns

-Vehicles only spawn when gang members are in the border (defined by a really

big floating circle thing)

-Can be have their breifcase stolen by other gangs for money prize

Allegiance changes:

-You lose the spawn weapons that your old gang provided

-You no longer earn any money from the old gang

Thug process:

-Join a gang for a cost which is set by the net value of the gang (powerful gang, more expensive)

-Once allegience has been made, radar shows allies as a totally different color

-Allies cannot be harmed

-You spawn with proper colored character based on gang

-You spawn with the weapons which have been bought by your gang (incentive to join powerful gangs)

-All gang listings show available weapons

-As you kill, 50% of your money goes to the gang owner

-If you successfully steal a breifcase of money from another gang

everyone in your gang recieves 10% of the assaulted gang's money

-Breifcase appears for 5 minutes upon any money earned in that gang (at their HQ)

Breifcase assaults:

-Represented as the money transactions which occur withing the thug world,

Breifcases will appear at the Gang's HQ whenever ANYONE from that gang earns

ANY money, be it killing, or stealing another gang's breifcase

-Breifcase is only available for 5 minutes after any transaction, and time is

reset whenever additional transactions have been made

-Breifcase is picked up like any other weapon, and cannot be picked up by

members of it's gang

-Stolen breifcases must be brought back to the gang's HQ to succesfully be given the 10%

reward

-If person who has stolen the breifcase drops it via being killed, it stays there for

1-3 minutes, then dissapears until another transaction has been made

Money:

-50% of your money goes to your gang's boss

-10% of the sum of everyone's money in the gang can be stolen via the breifcase

-Headquarters can be purchased with it, and with purchase the gang leader is established

-Gang leader gets the 50% of all the money earned by it's thugs

-Gangs do not choose recruits

-Price of joining a gang is 5% of the net worth of the gang (change for tweaking?)

-New member's 5% is evenly distributed to all the members

Multiple Gang Properties (joint gangs):

-Upon buying out a gang's HQ for 3x the current gang's net worth, your highest ranking thug is

given title and control of the property

-Branch thug leaders give 10% of their earnings to the original gang owner

-Branch thug members treat the branch thug leader as the gang owner and give him the 50% of

their earnings, so that is tabulated from the branch thug leader, and then 10% to the original

gang owner

Online activity:

-Gang ownership is forefitted to the gang's top thug after two days of inactivity

-Gang ownership can be retaken by the original owner if they play again, and surpass

the top thug via kill status or money

-Gang owners leave 70% of their money to all the members of the gang if they are inactive

for more than 7 days, OR if they change their allegiance to another active gang

-Money is ONLY given to ACTIVE players, with the exception of the gang leader

(example: breifcase steals only treat the current playing gang members)

Default NPC thug gang:

-Default location HQ for a joint basic thug group (noob gateway)

-120$ admittance fee

-All thugs are given a shotgun for spawn

-Has basic vehicles

-Treats sucessfull breifcase steals as evenly divided cash amongst all members

-Death costs 500$ (help curb the non existance of basic NPC breifcase for this gang)

-Does not have a breifcase

Defauly NPC cop gang:

-Default location at police HQ (another noob gateway)

-120$ admittance fee

-All cops recieve shotgun for spawn AND 50 armor

-Has police cars

-Cannot steal breifcases

-Death costs 400$

-Does not have a breifcase

Basic Death:

-You lose all picked up weapons from corpses

-You have a 20 second cooldown period (spectator maybe)

-You lose 100$ (tweak maybe?)

Monopoly/endgame:

-ONLY OCCURS when ONE ORIGINAL HEAD GANG MEMBER OWNS ALL HEADQUARTERS (VERY UNLIKELY)

-Resets EVERYONE's money and they are spawned as basic thugs

-Newgame is essentially thugs vs cops

-Game grows as people get enough money to buy HQ's

Note: none of this is concrete, subject to all criticism[/b]

Edited by Guest
"GangStar"

Okey, you got me intrested but there are few things that I would change.

1. I think that this could work even if there were no saved stats. If you leave, you will lose your status. Why I prefer this, you ask? Well, because I think that modding an add-on which keeps track of your stats, nicknames and passwords would be quite difficult. Secondly, these online stats would possibly turn the game into a no-life money hunt. Think about a gang who plays at 04:00 killing random server joiners and earning money just to be "the best gang". It will also attract new players if there are no money veterans and poor newbies.

2. I think that after you get a lot of money, you should go to your gang base and discard it. If you die, you spread the money all over your dead body and everybody can collect it. This would prevent insane kamikaze attacks made only for some fresh money. You would also try to stay alive more. OR you could choose to make free-willed donations to your gang. In addition to the percentage of money you lose because of the constant gang affliction, you could go to your base and choose to give 1000$ to your gang so that the gang leader can buy your team M16's.

3. You shouldn't lose money when you die. It would be very frustrating if you had saved a lot of dollars to join a new gang and then you get killed by some other gang thug. Then you'd have to collect money again, again and again...

That's it. I hope someone who is into modding embraces your idea too. :wink:

well if its in C++ ill probably code it myself =p

The thing about the game structure is that its devised in a way that is somewhat like the original GTA, considering you start new and have just barely enough to join either the basic newbie thug group with no leader, no breifcase and just shotguns and cars. OR start as the cops with armor shotgun, police cars, and reduced dying cost with the only downside as you only see things on your radar when there has been any gang fights, or activity.

These groups allow minimal money earning, but a much safer environment than real gangs, so you can work your way up, but its a little slow in the beginning.

The basic thug group can also jack breifcases just the same, but without any risk of having other gangs jack theirs... because they dont have one. So really basic thugs are a pestilence, dont give much money to their killers at all, and all around are a very easy start for the newbs.

The 150$ admittance fee should be pretty easy to pay, as I would think that stunts were left in the game, so find a car at the AIRPORT, or DOCKS/BOAT where all newbs start out, pull like 3 stunts, and you have membership.

The thing about money rewards for killing other thugs is that they only cough up a small, but proportional amount of money to their gang's ACTIVE STATUS. So people with m60's and fast cars are respectively some nice bounties IF you can catch them. Not to mention they probably will have some heavy hitter buddies traveling with them because it would be planned that gang members could be passengers of vehicles.

So really its newb friendly, without giving no reason to go up the chain. Nerds who play all the time when nobody is on the server, and wax those few people wouldn't get much money since the attacked thug's gang members arent there, and if they are there, then its a nice little gang war. (remember the reward is proportional to the gang's ACTIVE member's wallets)

The reward ISN'T taken out of their pocket, so money generates itself from killing.

The death fees I think should be required for sure, if not like you say ALL of the money in your wallet, but death fees would be the easiest and quickest path in the coding world. Also the consideration is that money is one of the deciding factors of your thug world's status. More money you have, the more likely you will branch off and start your own gang.

I think though it would be ideal if you could recruit members from other gangs with a little bribery. Perhaps payoffs should be incorporated too.

Allowing people to sell things like guns would be interesting... Allow weapons to be dropped, and money to be paid seperately. This could cause alot of real world thugery problems in the sense that the dealer doesn't HAVE to drop the goods, or maybe the buyer pays, gets the giant m60, then waxes the dealer. It should be all up to the players.

Hopefully with blue, all sorts of things could be added idealistically for easy transactions.

Hell you could maybe even set it up that you make a temporary allegience to a big gang for some money, and they do their best to protect your newly beginning gang...

Hmm dunno what else to say other than I have some ideas for possibly going up the tree as a law enforcer, but I think your ideas are pretty valid. It would probably be smart to include a short term version of the game too, quick gang status gains etc.

Storing cash and kill values is no harder than the registering of nicknames on the MTA servers. It stores the client's IP address, email and username in a file on the server. Since the server must control money rewards, it also would know how much money a player has, so update the amount fairly regularly w/o causing a performance hit to the server. Kills are obviously registered via server, and could be recorded as well.

And the game is meant to be unbalanced, otherwise monopolies wouldn't occur easily enough, although maybe incorporate weapon limits...

C++ has PLENTY of file interaction capabilities =)

I would like to code my own (mmp vice) I don't mean building a charter it would be more of a gang war take over the city death match with some weird stuff in it. The only charcter bluiding would be money and to do that you would kill other gang members. It would be like death match but you would need money to do stuff (like gta 3) spawns would either be preset (if they were there would be a auto blance for teams, I could hope) or require a log on depends on what blue offers. I need to see what blue will offer before I could begin to list details.

even if I did I would have no server to run it on. I just want to code it to see what I could do.

Edit - I want to add a touch of role playing in this server as well. I mean more ways to make money for your self and gang. Thats what I forgot to add last night

I fear it would make the mod far to complex for blue to handle. I guess we'll will wait and see.:?: now won't we

Counter Theft Auto:

If eventually the weapons are totally sync'd then there's another major feature I've been thinking of lately:

The ability to buy weapons!

- There are two seperate teams:

1 = Cops 2 = Robbers.

Both have different weapons to buy and you can buy up to two primary weapons and two secondairy weapons. Primary should be: Ak47, m4a1 etc... Secondairy weapons should be: Colt, python etc...

Also both teams have a knife/sword of some kind which they start with initially.

Ofcourse every weapon has it's own price and to buy them you need to aquire money:

- Players get money by doing objectives:

There can be many types of objectives. Sometimes the robbers need to get at least 2 players into the banks save and stay in there for 10 seconds.

By doing this they win the round. Ofcourse the cops try to kill them before that happens.

Another objective could be that the cops need to take a "securicar" from the robbers base and return it to their own base.

If the objective is accomplist then the winning team gets extra money on top of what both teams get at the beginning of a new round.

Money is also aquired by killing an enemy.

If possible there could also be an objective in which the robbers must blow up the bankvault by using a remote bomb which has to be planted or something.

Another objective could be that the cops need to rescue 4 civilians/hostages from the robbers base and guide them to their base.

Ofcourse you can use any kind of vehicle you like.

Also the time-meter should no longer continue to count the minutes of the day but should actualy be the round-meter. Starting at like 10 minutes. In this amount of the time the round/objectives should be played.

After the time experiece the team that was on defence (robbers must not lose the hostages) wins.

If one team is totally wiped out before the time experice the surviving team wins. (duh :wink: )

There could be many other features in which I'm not gonna go into detail right now.

Just tell me what you guys think of this idea. Ofcourse this is only possible with Blue, because of the weapon-syncing. :P

This addon/mod would make the entire gameplay of Multi Theft Auto much and much better, because now you have a goal to aim at.

No more braindead driving around town what to do next.

(Note: this post has been copied from the thread: Counter Theft Auto in the suggestion section which I startedmyself)

I like your idea too but there's one thing I'd like to point out - gameplay.

I think that the bombing runs etc. should be in very large areas that are accessible in many ways. If you have to go to the bank, the cops will be camping in front of the entrance and the mission becomes almost impossible. But, if you move the bomb target to a big open are the camping would be impossible. I'd suggest that the bomb target could be in the middle of the airport (one empty hangar or something) or some place else as long as it's open and wide.

Good idea. I hope someone mods it. :wink: