Future MTA Game Modes.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh I didnt read all 18 pages of the posts but..

How about a deathmatch, but not like we have no.. Everybody starts out with a pistol, and you have to pick up guns, or kill someone and pick up their guns

well there is really not much differnt than the normal one
Um ye, those arent game modes.

Anyway someone in a server just a sec ago was talking about the Kauffman Ca missions, so couldnt u make where there is 1 person (lets call him X) who spawns randomly on the map, and the other ppl spawn with a car (again randomly or a fixed location). The idea is to get X first and drop him off and a specified location on the map. There is a certain amout of rounds and for each round u win u get money. The person with the most ammount of money at the end wins

That idea kinda sucks, it would be to hard to do it because about 10 cars are gonna try to pick him up put when the guy is gonna get in. another car is gonna hit that car ect. so the guy would get killed. and also who would just wanna be taxi on that server it would get boring like the 3rd time.
Uhh I didnt read all 18 pages of the posts but..

How about a deathmatch, but not like we have no.. Everybody starts out with a pistol, and you have to pick up guns, or kill someone and pick up their guns

hmmm, this cud be dun with scripts....in mta0.4

since it says how they died, if sum1 kills with any other weapthan pistol then bye bye!

It still woudnt be the same... since its not about just killing with pistols just starting with them, and then drive/fly/walk around and pick up the weapons you need want.

The weapons could also be hidden in a place they are good at, like for example ( this is just an example) a sniper rifle woud be hidden at top of a building where the sniper could have a nice view all around him.

I play this on sof2 and its a really nice difference from the normal gameplay, but in there you mostly start with knife only, most people ( good ones) just stay witht he knife and get lots LOTS of kills with knife.

Sure this may be stupid, but I think it'll be fun.

Since there are many high rises, why not have people jump of them, and have people with snipers to pick'em off while they are falling?! Kinda like a technique game, "hit the jumper"! Perhaps a "base jumping" mode, try to land on a designated target from high up?

Now if we could only have jousting with motorbikes, but I guess you'd have to create a whole new script for that.

No, not stunts, "jousting" as in medieval jousting, with lances. Like I said, its probably not feasable. And yes, snipers would be a bad idea, but I like'em so!

Hi !!!

I think it would b great to play a chase mode:

It would b cool playing with that pink arrow (used in sp missions) each time some car hit yours.. i mean: i wear the arrow until some1 hitme (*with other car*) then ppl who hit me is who wears the arrow.

A max time about 10 minutes, person who "weared" more time the arrow wins.

*I have tried to find this topic and i didnt c it so here it is)

Its not really a mod, but we should have some kind of economy. We start with an amount of money(varies with career), dropped when killed and activate the carbomb garage :twisted: , gun and tool shops so we can spend that money.

P.S.: this probably has already been mentioned but i don't bother reading the whole forum(too long).

i already know about the money inside the parking meters.

• 3 weeks later...

well this is a mod that i thought of. I might have missed if some one already posted it ! Well in a brdge there is two teams 12 vs 12 or 16 vs 16 what ever but there is hummers on the bride and guns. you pick up guns and like 4 ppl get in each hummer and just chardge to the other side so they are all charging and you need to kill them and and then onece the game is over it could say like in CS Round 1 Roound 2 ext. and it just restarts. also another mode is a race that is different. Lets say the race was from Docks to amu nation and some people wouldnt race but be on top of buildings or just on the side walks with guns like basukas andthat mexicain gun ext. and if you distroy a car you get to race the next round and when you when a arace in 1st you get 10 points 2nd 5 points 3rd 3 points and 4th 1 point and to do that there would be a check point only 1 so you can shoose what way you would want to go.and you could choose a pcj or a infernas for exaple. also there is some people that have remote mines so you can blow them up whil a car passes and also if it couldnt be to hard the more points you have the better guns ! or the oppiset so every one gets a chance or you can choose. There could also be the police witch are bob cats and one person is on the back and one person that drives.and if you distroy a police you must kill two cars instead of one to race. well thats it !

What about a mode where players can play like single player.

Like all the Npc's, cars in the streets an stuff comes back (when sync is fixed of course).

Then people can make money to buy better guns and stuff, and there could be heaps of safehouses/buisnisses to buy.

People could team up to do missons etc, or just run aorund killing everyone in VC, and each other.

But just think about Vice City single player, whenever you got bored and went on a killing spree to see how long you could last againt the cops, and the pissed off residents of VC, it was just you doing that, in MTA, there could be 10 people at once on killing sprees.

I dont know, it just sounds cool.

• 2 weeks later...

well this idea i think would be a simple to make well when you are playing lets say when u press V this box comes up and it sais at the top send a Privite msg to then under it sais all the ppls names next to a Number so lets say the list was

1 Killer

2 Bladexen

3 spykiller

4 hunter

ect.

so lets say i put v then this would pop out

send a Privite msg to

1 Killer

2 Bladexen

3 spykiller

4 hunter

ect.

Then lets say you press 3 then the place where it sais what u r typing it puts /msg spykiller so then ppl just put there msg and thats it !

also another thing would be like if you press a button a it just has actions like kill your self and call vote send msg challenge count down in this order

1 kill yourself

2 call vote

3 send msg

4 challenge

5 countdown

then any other stuff you wants.

Well i hopr u use my idea!!

I'm a quite experienced internet/LAN programmer, and I know that multiplayer over UDP is not really a good idea always (atleast not LAN, as I believe many plays on). TCP is better as it's based on streams, and UDP are not guarantied to arrive (overflow is the most usual cause).

What would be cool if there was a LAN mode, and an internet mode. Ofcourse peds and cars which are AI controlled is impossible (or atleast very hard) because normally the cars and peds are dynamically added at the end of the drawing distance, and the server can't controll the cars over the entire city, and transfer the position of each single on to all clients instantly).

Btw, what's the problem with the boats (except wave sync)?

No, no, no!!!! If you have UDP and drop a packet, no problem - you'd just jump across the screen slightly. If you use TCP, it would keep sending the message until it arrives at its destination, where, by that time, it's probably no longer relevant. Yes, gameplay would be super-smooth, but we'd all need T1 connections to use it.

They could possibly use TCP for the chat system though.

Well, T1 is only about 1mbps, and I guess most people have that by today (atleast that's about the cheapest internet you can get here in Norway).

It's true that TCP neccessarily isn't the best for this mod (players will hang back in time, until Windows reports that you are trying to send more than Windows can ship away (if non-blocking mode)).

Atleast over LAN, TCP should definitly be used (as said, there should definitly be an own modus for LAN), cuz Windows does really handle TCP better over short pings (<1 ms ping).

Btw, rockets from the Apache chopper doesn't look synced exactly (I shot a player 10 times with the rockets, but it never blew).

Sorry for doublepost, but the UDP packages should have a number indication which number of packages it is, as UDP packages are not guaranteed to arrive in same order as sent (that's what causes players to jump back sometimes, and suddenly appear at a complete other place, and then come back to where he was).

Then if the index number is lower than the last package arrived, it drops it (if not 0 to indicate that the counter restarts when reached a high value). However, you should send many counter reset packages to make sure it's received, so the receiver doesn't suddenly drop all packages due to that he missed the package telling counter reset.

Well, T1 is only about 1mbps, and I guess most people have that by today (atleast that's about the cheapest internet you can get here in Norway).

Hmmm.... The most expensive over here (UK) is 2MB, the cheapest being a measly 128kb. And that's still pretty expensive.

Atleast over LAN, TCP should definitly be used (as said, there should definitly be an own modus for LAN), cuz Windows does really handle TCP better over short pings (<1 ms ping).

<1ms ping?? I never get that on my LAN. We're talking 20-50ms.

Btw, rockets from the Apache chopper doesn't look synced exactly (I shot a player 10 times with the rockets, but it never blew).

Yeah, they're not synced at all. In a perfect world, they'd be disabled completely so that you can't even fire them.

OK, here is my idea, but it would take a lot of work and would definatley not be able to be implemented before certain issues were fixed. The basic premise I have would be a two team capture the flag type game. Each team would have a base (on either island) and teams would be made up of whatever class the player wanted (spawn points would be adjusted for this mode of play, as to allow all players to spawn nearby to their base). Now that may sound simple right now, but there are many features that could be added. Imagine a team of 3 or 4 guarding the base... a couple mexicans or SS's, maybe some robbers and a sniper (sniper of course would have to be added). Now while they guard the base another group could take vehicles (trucks and jeeps would be best) with one driver and the others in back shooting (again, this feature would have to be added). If these features could be worked out (probably not for a very long time), this mode of play would be really fun, I think.