Future MTA Game Modes.

i got an idea,u can have somethin where u start as either cop or robber or some rival gang in an enclosed building in vice,it would be deathmatch,the team with most men standin at end of time limit wins or if they kill all of the others.it would have to be in a specific place though,so that it wouldnt be all around the city,cuz that would take forever,and there would be less action.

so basically it is

choose from one of two teams

fight in an enclosed area for a few minutes(prolly like three-five minutes)

first team to kill the other completely wins or the one with most men standin at end wins.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capture the briefcase

If I recall theres an icon with a briefcase which you pickup at one point in the game. If not, any icon would do... anyways:

Make a base at the lighthouse pier and behind the stadium in the parking lot. The lighthouse has theirs at the end of the lighthouse pier, so its more secure but theres more land attack points. The arena parkinglot team has two entry points to their flag, the two side entrys to the back of the parking lot. Their flag is less secure, but its easier to kill the flag carrier while he tries to go out either long, small passage.

The briefcases have blue and red color at their bases. When the briefcase is picked up, the pink arrow goes on the player visually. The picked up briefcase's icon disappears. If the blue briefcase is taken, the player's icon turns blue. If the red briefcase is taken, the player's icon turns red. No helicopters are allowed. The helicopter cannot be used, the player cannot get in the helicopter (or something to stop them) when they take the briefcase back.

The enemy briefcase is brought back to your teams briefcase to get a point. 3 points or so would win a game. If the other team has your briefcase you must get it back. You cannot score unless your briefcase is at your base.

How do you get it back? Kill the player. Once killed the briefcase is dropped like an icon. Once touched, it goes back to your base. If you pick up the enemy case from a dead teammate, you continue carrying it towards your base.

Ransom: isnt that just normal ctf?

i would like to add something: if you are carrying the flag/briefcase you cant get into a heli either as passenger, means someone could place a vehicle near the enemy base and then a teammate could go for the flag with a heli, run to the placed vehicle and go home to score

Yup, that's pretty much CTF's description "ported" to MTA :P.

Just adding:

- Helis can be locked to avoid ppl using them (when that feature will be available), or just be out of the CTF car setup completely.

- Bases could use the character-stand-in pink coronas (or rings or whatever you call them). An attaker that isn't carrying a stolen briefcase would not see the highlighted area until the case would get returned.

- I'm wondering what kinda cars would be allowed for CTF. Almost anything? Sports cars and bikes only? Just ONE car with multiple spawns for as many players as each team has and a few other designated places in the middle of the map (Starfish Isle probly)? I'm leaning towards that last suggestion: say 6 red and 6 blue PCJ's @ each base (for a 6vs6 obviously) and maybe a few more on the isle, or the bridges leading to it from each side. Or mayb center has slower or different cars.

Yeah, yeah it's all daydreaming now, but a guy can hope, can't he?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...

What about a "Blind" mode ? I Guess it would be fun if you didn't see the blimps of the other players, so you'll never know what's around the corner ;) It would mean Real "Suprise" Attacks...

It could be permanent while playing a game, or you could activate it for a period of time specified by the admin.

(Maybe we could add Radio Static with this, Just like Silent Hill :D )

Greetingz,

Shadowguy

In the Silent Hill Games, you have a Radio that makes a static noise when there's an enemy nearby...

Agreed.... it could be annoying when there aren't much people in the neighborhood. But then again, people will wander around the city (Because they want to KILL!KILL!KILL! :D ), or there could be "Scouts" when playing in somekind of "Dominion" Mode...

Greetingz,

Shadowguy

Im not sure if something has been posted similar to this (16 pages... come on guys im not gonna read all that... maybe update the first post each week with the ideas already been stated... just a name would work)

anyways - here is my idea, i have posted this on my forums @: http://itsmee.ausbf1942.com/forums/inde ... owtopic=75

Im new here, and have only been playing MTA:VC on australian servers for a few days, but I have known about MTA for a long time and always had this idea for a kickass mode that could be done with it... Originally i thought of this when Mafia was announced to be getting a multiplayer patch. I think MTA would work better with it tho.

My idea consists of 2 modes, both the same principle - one basic, and one more complex that may or may not be possible.

Basically the idea revolves around 'extorting' business'

The basic idea:

There would be 2 or more teams - in which the players can be any class.

There are several locations around the map that can be used as 'hotspots' - the idea being that when the players occupy the location, it generates money for the entire team (in a teams 'loot' you could say) all team members are able to spend this money on vehicles and weapons.

The other team/s would gain control of these locations by killing all those that occupy it. Some locations would generate more money than others, and provide better weapons/vehicles that can be bought within them (vehicles that have been bought would spawn in a carlot outisde of each location)

Using these vehicles and weapons, the players would work on 'extorting' more business' and thus making more and more money.

A kill count or a timer would decide the end of the game, or a terget amount of money.

The complex idea:

The complex idea is a lot more like the way that VC runs in its single player.

again there would be 2 or more teams, but each team would start at a 'hideout'

This hideout is a safe spot to eliminate spawn campers, where until they leave the location, they cannot be killed - but to make this fair they cannot shoot from inside the location to outside of it.

Business would have to be 'bought' with money earned by the team, either by shooting other players, insane stunt rewards, winning events at the stadium, or by extorting smaller business' like apartment buildings.

Rival teams would gain control of the location by:

1. Killing all that occupy the location and

2. then buying that location for its original price

Different locations would give off more money, for example say you had the military base that would be worth an insane amount of money, it would provide a similary insane amount of money every minute or so.

In this complex mode, different locations provide different advantages. Vehicles and weapons can only be bought from their respective locations, not from any location you own. This is what i have thought of so far:

Military base: Provides military grade weapons (Body Armour, M16, rocket launcher etc) and military grade vehicles (Tank, Hummer, Hunter)

Police Stations: Police grade weapons (standard shotgun and pistols and body armor...maybe riot police shields if possible) - Squad Cars, SWAT vans, FBI rancher etc

Malibu Club & Pole Position Strip Club: Provides the team with outlawed grade weapons, UZI's etc.

Warehouse/Mint: Counterfeit money means insane amounts of cash at hand, but with varying amounts due to counterfeit money not always being accepted. This would eliminate the warehouse/mint from being rushed as with one turn (turn being when u obtain said money) giving $20,000 down to a possible $1000.

Docks: When possible would provide boats to allow players to cross the river/water easily, but since that isnt implemented yet, it could provide extra weapons like the Malibu/Pole Position

Airport: Provides aircraft such as the Sparrow, and any other helicopter... maybe a land version of the water plane? This would be a highly valued spot due to its transport available...

Sunshine Autos: Provides sportscars (Cheetah etc) and the faster motocycles (PCJ, Freeway) and more exotic cars like the Buggy thing (name? lol)

Mall: Provides the abilty to change your class at any time without having to die first - different classes would be at different clothes stores, simply changing your clothes would change your class.

Golf Club: No idea for this yet... anyone? could work as a base for a starting team?

The Various hotels and apartment buildings could be bought to provide small time income, and also provide spawn points for the teams. Thus making the travel time less, and keeping the game action packed and more high paced.

Classes within this mode would mean starting with different weapons and/or armor as per normal in the standard FFA mode we have now in 0.3.

Random vehicles would still be spawned around the map, but they wouldnt be anything but standard vehicles requiring the sunshine auto etc to be captured in order to obtain the better vehicles for your team.

thankyou for taking the time to read this, i will update the post on my forums when i think of more additions or have some improvments.

• 2 weeks later...

COOL IDEA!!

Rival teams would gain control of the location by:

1. Killing all that occupy the location and

2. then buying that location for its original price

But you should gain control by just killing all the enemys....

• 3 weeks later...
Kill the Tanker:

Theres a tank, anyone whos in it aquires kills if they kill someone. When the tank is destroyed, it respawns somewhere random and a new person can get in the tank and get kills. fun!

You forgot one thing , the tank cant blow up when a player is in it, thats why when your in the tank in SP nothign can stop you.So your idea is of no good, and no mta prolly wont change the config or damage that has to be changed.

Haha you think tank is unstoppable?

Guess what?

NOO

Its not

Stand befor the tank and say what you see

You see a small thing to shoot through

Aim good and you might hit that guy in it

Plus you can change the damage power in the handling file but thats kinda cheating isnt it?

Plus it would be better if you just use a car and make it almost not damageable but that it can explode ;)

Plus bout the tank

it wont get upside down and if you hit it with your car then you explode so whats the use then?

Turf War would be amazin in this. Basically two teams fight for control of Vice City. Set up areas that make money like Malibu. The team that successfuly takes over all targets wins. As for weapons you will start off with a handgun and uzi and the rest you will have to buy from ammunation. For each person you kill and property you own will give you cash.

Haha you think tank is unstoppable?

Guess what?

NOO

Its not

Stand befor the tank and say what you see

You see a small thing to shoot through

Aim good and you might hit that guy in it

oh yeah, forgot about that, but pulling it off with lag and whatnot...a challenege indeed lmao.

Turf war would be awesome, maybe if each player had a certain amount of lives.

the reason i said that the location would have to be bought also is because if you have a 5 player team and there are more than 5 locations, the game would essentially play as king of the hill

king of the hill would be cool tho - have it like perfect dark where the hill moves after it has been captured (held for 30sec default, in MTA it could be like 3min tho)

Well you can make the chat menue get hire when u play because lots of times i resiever a msg put i wasn't paying attention so i coulden't see so like if you press ~ then a chat thing might come down. also when you chat you have like 10 chat servers 1 is the main one and is color yellow then if you where in a privite chat thing like with a gang it might be blue green ect and also if you wanted to send a msg in another server u press like 1 2 3 4 lets say u wanted to go in a the 2nd server u press 2 then if it was privet some thing would come up and to put a pass word then if it is wrong it would not work and also if it did work in the chat thing it would say welcom to server two!

Um ye, those arent game modes.

Anyway someone in a server just a sec ago was talking about the Kauffman Ca missions, so couldnt u make where there is 1 person (lets call him X) who spawns randomly on the map, and the other ppl spawn with a car (again randomly or a fixed location). The idea is to get X first and drop him off and a specified location on the map. There is a certain amout of rounds and for each round u win u get money. The person with the most ammount of money at the end wins

That idea sucks who it would be to hard to do it because about 10 cars are gonna try to pick him up put when the guy is gonna get in. another car is gonna hit that car ect. so the guy would get killed. and also who would just wanna be taxi on that server it would get boring like the 3rd time.
Well you can make the chat menue get hire when u play because lots of times i resiever a msg put i wasn't paying attention so i coulden't see so like if you press ~ then a chat thing might come down.

Do you mean make the chat window in the corner scrollable? If so, it gets my vote :D

Well you can make the chat menue get hire when u play because lots of times i resiever a msg put i wasn't paying attention so i coulden't see so like if you press ~ then a chat thing might come down.

Do you mean make the chat window in the corner scrollable? If so, it gets my vote :D

Yeah Exactly but in better words