Future MTA Game Modes.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capture the Bag

WAIT WAIT! before you start aiming those nukes in my general direction, let me finish. This isnt about the game idea, but which teams could have their bag where.

In a 4 Team game (Cops, Army, Lawyers, and Street Gang for teams maybe?), the bags could be in the police HQ office area for police, on the far end of the roof with the sandbags on it at the army base for the army, near the jump-out window from the spotlight mission for the lawyers, and inside the record store at the mall for the street gang?

In a 2 team game (Diaz's gang vs Tommy's Gang, or Haitians vs Cubans, or Security Guys vs Street Gang), there could be several random combinations of base locations (each with a distance setting that could be chosen in the client, then choosing bases or random, also, instead of distance, there are special boats & helis only base selections):

Very Close Range: No vehicles allowed

Opposite ends of dirtring

Opposite ends of mall

Abandoned House and Film Studio Building

Close Range: Vehicles are only really used for cover & explosions

Airport terminal and Army base

Scrapyard & Phil's

Opposite ends of Leaf Links

Medium Range: Vehicles are useful for large transport jobs and fast attacks, but going on foot is still sane

Cargo Boat & Army Base

Mall & Downtown Ammunation

Malibu & Pole Position

Long Range: Vehicles are used mostly, only go on foot if you have to (to avoid detection, so you can shoot down helis, etc.)

Army Base and Stadium

Airport Terminal & Police HQ

Mansion & Mall

Very Long Range: Foot is no-go, cars or helis are the only way to go here

Airport Terminal & Mall

Stadium & Pole Postition

Cargo Ship & Film Studio

Special Vehicles: All bridges are closed off, you'll have to use helis or boats, or both!

Buyable Boat Yard & Cortez mission Boatyard - Boats Only

Leaf Links & Stadium - Helicopters Only

Mansion & Film Studio - Helis and Boats

EDIT: Could you also try to fix the timeout when trying to go ingame for the first 3 - 10 connections bug? Its really annoying trying to get onto a server again after your modem dies and you have to wrestle your way into the game again :(

Chicken on the Bridge - Players start at opposite ends of a bridge and drive towards each other. The object is to try to cause the other vehicle to either blow up or be knocked into the water.

Ride Race - A player can request a ride, and instead of other players offering a ride, players compete to see who can reach the person first.

Here is some Idea's i came up with... these are relistic idea's.

(Sorry if these been added before!...)

City Army/SWAT - Your objective is to protect the city from junkies and terrorist that cause harm to the city (or when stuff gets out of hand that the police cannot handle). You get to start out with The Colt M4 and spawn at the Army Base (of course)

And of course the City Police - Your objective is to stop people from speeding, passing red-lights etc (and the option to take people to the Jailcell in Washington Beach police station... A police car should also have somthing to the advantage such as more armor to it or a spot light added to it (don't know if this can be added)

Drug dealing - Your objective is to distribute drugs to everyone in the city for exchange in money and being able to get high off of it (like the effect on that mission where your buddy Phil blows up the explosives then you drive him to the hospital) (then the police bust ya for distributing drugs)

Being able to be a TAXI Driver - You spawn at the Kaufman Cabs (not sure what the name is) with a taxi car and get to transport real people to different area's for a small price of course :) and also the taxi driver gets to have a Colt .45 just incase things get out of hand

EDITED by MrBump: Off topic stuff removed

How about a RIOT game ?

where one team would be the swat and the other one would be the rioting part only armed with a baseball bat and molotov cocktails ! the objective would be to destroy all the cars in the street (or something connected with destruction) and the swat would have the obvious task of stoping them , could be played as Team survivor or team deathmatch (with time, making it a mission game)

-Supercross?

Either bunch of people stuck to bikes racing through city (ala GTA 1 and 2 cannonball mode only on bikes)

Or someone actually design a supercross track.

-Helicopter race

Ditto

RC Car Demolition Derby!

Each player drives an RC car (without explosives of course) around in a small arena, bashing into other RC cars in an attempt to make them blow up. Your RC's health is shown in a small damage bar under your weapon picture thing, and also is shown by the amount of smoke/fire coming off the RC.

The arenas could be:

Stadium's Helipad

Stadium's Roof

Mansion Main hall & tommy's office

Mansion's roof

Army Base's assault course

Airport Terminal

Inside North Point Mall

Inside Washington Mall

Car park outside North Point mall

Car park on roof of washington mall

Bloodring (that ones an obvious choice :P)

All of Ammunation's Shooting Range Area

Dirtring

The area near the lighthouse

Concrete area from the mission with the Zebra Cab

Sunshine Autos Area

Small Area of Leaf links where the Entrance is (not the other side of the road)

Film Studio

the police/swat idea us cool.

make it where if cops get to u when ur on groud, u get arrested and thrown into a jail cell automatially until someone bust u out of jail.. or a 20second timer is expired...

or else ur weapons are disabled and ur chaine dto police and they take u to the station and put u in cell and a special hotkey for cops to close/open cells..

and when u need to put a 2nd person in a cell, have alot of partners threre to blow them away with shotgun if they try to retreat :P

DD, Destruction Derby.

Some cars/helicopters crashin' each other to destroy. The last man standing wins. With this mode, you can't exit your car, or use weapons. All cars/helicopters are the same.

DD, Destruction Derby.

Some cars/helicopters crashin' each other to destroy. The last man standing wins. With this mode, you can't exit your car, or use weapons. All cars/helicopters are the same.

Already there ( bloodring) no need for a mode , we can already play it.

How about, "Cash Crop"

2 people to one team, like mexicans or the VCC. They take a vehicle and chase after 3 armored cars going in different directions. The goal is simple, its like the shell game. One armored car has the money, the others nothing, you have to destroy the armored car and if it doesn't you move onto the others and theres like a 5-10 minute time limit. One catch, you cannot leave the car, and it goes boom, you lose a life, you get 2 lives and if you die and any of the armored cars is damaged it automatically gets repaired.

how about this gametype.. instead of chase the ice cream car like in gta3,

You steal the SecureCar from the bank, and you have to deliver it to your gangs base without getting it jacked from u or blown up... and u got like 20 people chasing u with heli copters and vehicles and the Cops try to prevent it from being jacked... i just got done playing this in the MTA offical server and had a blast doing it! Also how about Gang Raids? its simple... you spawn as a gang member of your choice, and guard your base from the attackers. Earlier i got about 8 guys rounded up and we raided the airport with the mexicans in it

theres so many gametypes you can make for this game... I can go on and on

BTW: i like Magus idea about 3 armored cars and 2 with nothing in it... this would be even better to add to it because its impossible getting away from 20-30 guys without a scratch

How about this, the MTA guys make some crazy ramp, leading down from that hotel that you start from, and you try to make it to the end in the least amount of time, if you fall off the ramp then you don't finish obviously. They should make like a bunch of different ramps and you choose whatever car you want to try going down it, and theres like a teleport point, like in 0.1 to Dirtring, to get up there.

ok i did not have time to read all nine but i did read the first few and i am almost positive no one said this but here we go

- Golden Gun

Similar to the golden gun in James Bond for N 64 where you collect the peices and if u get killed the peice you have goes to some1 else. Then whoever gets all the peices must kill every1 with the golden gun

- 1 Hit Kill

Descibes Itself

- I like the sniper mode some1 mention

just a few thoughts. later

"Quote"

Originaly posted by CrappyD

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hmm..... I got an idea.It might sound dumb or something but here it goes: Cops 'n' Robbers - someone or a group can be the cops, others can be robbers, as soon as a cop take a robber out of a car, ot knocks them down , they arrest them , then..... hrm.....perhaps put them in that vice city police jailcell intill all others are arrested , or a robber comes and lets them free! I dunno, ive had this idea for a while, but like i said , its kinda dumb. hehehe

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That sounds sweet!! I don't know how hard it would be for you guys to program but you should try it!

DirtyMexican