Future MTA Game Modes.

well, fugative and things sound fun and so does the whole swat idea as well. If your really into that i got a neat idea, this would be more of a strategy thing that you have to figure out. I cant think of a name that does it any justice. There will be like 3 areas to capture (which is done by keeping controll over an area for a period of a minute or so). The fun part is is that no one has the other team on their minimap, but the more captured areas each team has the more power they have, weapons, tracking abilities, armor, etc when they spawn. Since each team has a hideout , once a team has captured most of the areas, they are given the location of the base where the other team is spawning at and therefor can try to go in and bomb their hideout and thats what decides which team wins. This kinda puts many ideas into one mode. I wanna know what you ppl think about this

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HQ Shootout: In the police headquarters near a tool shop, the upper floor is divided in a sort of office-type thing. There are cubicals, open desks, and "room"-offices. I was thinking that if you set up some points in certain locations there, players could have a Time Crisis style shootout with being able to duck behind desks and walls. Disabling movement other than ducking would be nice too.

Clan Area Battle : Flags situated all over the vice city map which the clans have to tag to gain control of that area, the team with the biggest area after 20mins wins. Controlled areas cud b represented by red and blue patches on the map.

Thanx for making this MOD !

Keep up the good work 8)

how about single/team rampage. how many opponent you can kill in certain time.

or

counterstrike one team has to help hostage to safe place then other team has to kill hostage.

Cops vs Robbers mode!

This was once mentioned before but the idea wasn't really outlined.

If the MTA team wanted a simple Cops vs Robbers mode they could do it as it was done in Midtown Madness:

The robbers get a dot on the radar (the money bag) which they have to reach before the cops do (which usually happens because they start closer to it). Now if the police gets it first they have to take it to the police HQ (of course, the robbers can feel free to bump the cops off the street to get the bag back once the police car with the bag died). If the robbers get it, well, guess what, yeah the chase begins, police cars chase the robbers all over the place (if you have enough cop players :) ) and have to kill the car (or the robber if he exits the car) with the moneybag before the robbers can take the bag to the robber hideout.

That would be the basic mode. You could make this a lot more interesting, of course.

How about that robbers have to drive to a building first and do a robbery assault (the place is randomly picked by the computer)? Maybe similar to VC where you can get into the mall and if you got a gun equipped the alarm rings off (which adds quite a portion of excitement I think) and once that happens the cops get the robber on radar (as said, only once the alarm went off, not earlier). Then they really have to hurry to reach the cops in time.

I can imagine that a lot of variations could still be added to this.

edit: just thought of one more :D for example the police only gets a dot for the place the robbery took place at. Then, one (or more) cop player(s) enter a police helicopter(s), take off and fly there, then he follows the robbers and as long as he is in close range (that close that he can see the robber cars) the rest of the police gets a dot on the radars and they know where the robbers are. If the heli gets out of range or dies, the police only has the dot which would show the last known location of the robbers and have to do a manual search in the area until a new helicopter arrives.

That would just be possible variation. At first, a basic Cop vs Robbers mode would be preferred, I think.

Both modes require synchronized cop car lights, however, or you will have cops chasing you with cop car lights turned off (in 0.1 cop car lights are not synchronized, means if a player turns it on you don't see nor hear it on your PC).

I like the idea,

but...

the team can do many mods with only this.

The cops start in the bank with the objective to protect the money.

The robbers start in the Disco becouse of the map of the Bank is in the room upstairs of the Disco. The robbers have to go to the bank and stel the money and bring it back to the disco if a robber die he will respawn only in the Disco. To the cops if any cop die he will respown near the money.

And the teams have to be balanced / =.

this mod can be called by BANK JOB.

that is better with the Hunter

but...

coolest is in team 3 guys in 1 Maverick.

1 controling the copter and the other 2 guys 1 at each side of the copter shooting the enemy.

what do you think about this?

Ive just read thru this, and didnt see anything about destruction derby, so ill post an idea, im not even sure if its possible but i cant see why it wouldnt be.

I know theres already DD, but there r no rules or anything. I plat MTA on LAN and what we normally do is wait for everyone to get into a car..321 drive!, or whatever.

The rules are something like; A player cannot get out of the car until its on fire, once its on fire the player has 1 min to either get into a car (even steal 1 (the victim then has 1 min to get another car)), if by 1 min they dont have a car theyre out, and have to leave the DD arena. No-one is allowed to shoot-out tyres, or shoot at all (hopefully it would be possible to disable a users fire key). Also if there are only 2 guys left, once their car sets on fire, theyre out. Obviously the winner is the last guy driving around.

So, to get this to work, i suppose u'd have to wait for atleast 2 people to enter a car, once that has happend, there should be 5 secs to wait for other players (maybe each time someone enters a vehicle its another 5 secs, or the time gets less and less), once that timer has gone, a message should be displayed "3...2...1..go!!" (If its possible,the users keys should be disabled until "go"). Then if a car sets on fire perhaps a message is displayed saying "Get out quick!!" or whatever, then once a player has left the car a message is displayed "You have 1 min to get into another vehicle", and their own special countdown timer. If they fail to do so, theyre teleported outside.

Well thats basically how we play it. Perhaps you could even get power-ups for ur car, like gta2 :wink:

I have an idea. not a game mode but something that could be implemented later on. if someone is driving the taxi and gives someone a ride, once they get to the location of whereever they are suppose to drop them off, money is taken from the passanger player and given to the taxi player.

I'm sure that they work on someway for people to get money. I think that you should get money when you kill someone. have it when someone dies they drop like a certain amount of money. maybe they could activate the money icons around the city so that people can snatch those up for some loot on the run.

ya, then buy guns, and cars, and stuff like that.

/me realises he's plagarizing Soldner, a kick-ass looking tactical shooter that looks so f**king sweet!

PS: It plays on a 3500 x 6500... KILOMETER map! 22,750,000 square kilometers!

PPS: It's just so damn sweet! :):)

I don't really like the idea.

I hope this doesn't turn into another Counter-Strike with weapons that you are forced to buy. I'm new to MTA: VC, but the best part about it all is the freedom you get. The freedom to find weapons, the freedom to kill, the freedom to race, the freedom to stunt, the freedom to get into the bigger vehicle and ram the other guy until his car explodes...

If people insist on money and game modes, I hope it will be a server setting which allows toggeling of such features.