Future MTA Game Modes.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest this mode MTA:Counter strike which means buy guns team play and take over buildings

Sorry mate, you're about the 50th person to suggest that. Why make the 750th CS clone? Why not make a mode that's more suited to GTA's gameplay?

GTA:Strike? :P

i just started thinking of some kind of a new mode

How about an obstacle course? a HUGE course, it'll have some stuff you'll need to to on foot, by bike, by car etc. If you touch the ground with your feet on a place where it isn't allowed, you would be dead (yeah, i'm cruel) offcourse, a lot of new models and textures need to be made offcourse, but that wouldn't be too hard to do (well, modelling wouldn't be too hard, textures will be :P)

so...what do you think of this?

I suggest this mode MTA:Counter strike which means buy guns team play and take over buildings

Sorry mate, you're about the 50th person to suggest that. Why make the 750th CS clone? Why not make a mode that's more suited to GTA's gameplay?

GTA:Strike? :P

i just started thinking of some kind of a new mode

How about an obstacle course? a HUGE course, it'll have some stuff you'll need to to on foot, by bike, by car etc. If you touch the ground with your feet on a place where it isn't allowed, you would be dead (yeah, i'm cruel) offcourse, a lot of new models and textures need to be made offcourse, but that wouldn't be too hard to do (well, modelling wouldn't be too hard, textures will be :P)

so...what do you think of this?

Yeah i tought of that before too :)

For example the ship where the sailors spawn is a good course

Always enjoyed playing around with the oil slicks in GTA 2.

ahaha specially when theres like 3 cops cars chasin you, i always love watching them make a quick left or right into oncoming cars or a wall or something. ROFL i just thought of something i used to do, back before i had a mod chip in my psx, i rented gta2 like allll the time when it first came out, i would just get tons of oil slicks and go hit up and intersection, put slicks on both sides of the road, keep droppin slicks until they start disappearing when u drop new ones.... get out the car and run around, see how long u survive lol and get the cops to chase your through the warzone (on foot) they get friggin sMOKEd by slippin cars :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

here's my little suggestion for future mta game mode

mta:cs mode(aka counter strike)

First u need to chose between two skins: robber or cop.

Then buy/chose weapons .

Also make a pink marker, which should be closer to cop's spawn, like on second floor of bank/mall, so basically cops defend that marker, and robbers should get there and one of them should stand in ping marker around 10..20 sec

maybe its little lame, but...

Well, its been suggested before, and it'd be very easy to implement in essence, though some things e.g. weapon buying would take a bit more time (you'd have to build a gui for it etc).

eAi

is it possible to use CSS models, by conveting, converting, and more converting?

lol...from the SDK of course (assuming they included the CS 1.6 models in the SDK, i say 1.6..because the CSS models are too sophisticated i think)

is it possible to use CSS models, by conveting, converting, and more converting?

lol...from the SDK of course (assuming they included the CS 1.6 models in the SDK, i say 1.6..because the CSS models are too sophisticated i think)

Maybe you could PM Luigi to ask him how he manages it for his Mafia mod.

Well, its been suggested before, and it'd be very easy to implement in essence, though some things e.g. weapon buying would take a bit more time (you'd have to build a gui for it etc).

eAi

there should be some way to get it into .3ds format since most modelers use 3ds max and if you have it as that you can use it in zmod and bender to make a skeleton

Hide And Go Seek:

Basic open city game, but instead of a hider icon on the map or have no map icon at all which would make it impossible to find him, you could make the map BLIP a larger icon so players get a general idea of where he is. kinda like a HUGE icon for the guy who is hiding. so is not to pinpoint where he is but clue in other users.

Fight Club:

Might have to make a building that players must remain inside of but baiscly no guns brawl. within a ring of some sort, have 19 guys duke'n it out with raw fistage only. last man standing wins. when players die, they can spectate the arena and watch the slug fist carnage.

Theif Mode:

There is a warehouse full of cars n goodies, the mission: 5-10 (whatever) guys own this stuff and the warehouse, 2-3 guys (whatever) must rob em! take the goods back to the hideout witout getting killed and win.

That Guy In The Sky:

If you can LIMIT the hight that ONE single player can "FLY" up into the sky...maybe 100 feet or so....everyone on the ground has to hunt this guy in the sky and take him down. the guy has the ability to fly kinda like in san andreas when you get the jet pack. he has weapons too i guess, or not.

Bomb Tag:

Maybe modify the explosion size of an object so that its radius is massive. the man with the TIMED bomb must tag another play to pass it before time runs out. HUGE crowds dieing at one time! BANG!

Car Show:

Not really a PLAY type of game but it gives car modders a chance to show there shit. guy that makes the game/room runs a car show of other car makers and some kinda of prize is won, maybe put on a fan site or something...whatever.

Wheres the item:

Somewhere in vice city theres a car, we need it.

off go's 20 players to hunt for this item, once they find it they simply return it to a certain location. sounds simple? bad part is that 19 other players get an icon that you have the car...and they want it. there is no icon tha shows where this special one of a kind car is parked, only a hint as of where in a certain part of the city this car MAY be hidden.

Man vs Beast:

A very shortly played mode,

game only starts when all players are spawned and in posistion. one end of the street you have 10 guys in cars, other end of street you have 10 guys with rockets. when the timer gets to 0, everyone rushes in to slaughter the other team. players can not change weapons nor get out of cars.

Trivia Elemination:

This has many options not neccesarily trivia.

all players join the server, when the room maker says, game starts. players will be lined up kinda like the character select screen. trivia questions are then asked by a human player. the right answer gets to go to the safe pit. wrong answers duke it out in a short battle. if multiple players get the right answer, same thing applies....survuival of the most knowledgeable. eventually they all kill each other untill one smart man is standing. many ways this game type can be created/moded.

High Jump:

Kinda like a stunt mode but not quite. theres a time limit, all players spawn and get into cars, theres a ramp that shoots high in the air. the server/game reads there max hieght and when time is out, winner is anounced.

Grand Slam:

Players hit a ramp and try to make it tru several huge basketball goals placed and sized according to there difficulties. winer is anounced.

Target:

Depending on the possibilities of the mta team,

A high road that goes waaay up into the sky, at top is a platform. players must drive/jump off and try to nail the bullseye of the taget below. winner is anounced.

Catch That Ghost Car:

Also, depending on the possibilties of modding.

Theres a car that no one is driving, players must intercept this car. car has hella if not infinite health. the wieght of the car is massive so it is harder. tires are hard to pop. first player in the driver seat wins. the wieght of the car is mainly so that the car can plow thru that bus that another player parked in front of it. the programing part as to how to make the car drive a certain path or whatever is up to to you guys if it is hard to do or not.

Dunno if these have been posted but i tried my best to read/search before poswting most of them.

Sketch

Fight Club:

Might have to make a building that players must remain inside of but baiscly no guns brawl. within a ring of some sort, have 19 guys duke'n it out with raw fistage only. last man standing wins. when players die, they can spectate the arena and watch the slug fist carnage.

Sketch

He just suggested that before.

excellent suggestions btw Sketch, I like a lot of those ideas :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I call this mode idea of mine "Kingpin Games"

Essentially the basis is as the following:

There are a Five gangs that a player can choose to play as (i.e. Vice-FBI, Police, Mafia, Yardie, Cubans/ GTA3- Yakuza, Mafia, Triads, 8s, Cartel). Once selecting one's gang, the player must then work with the other members of their gang to eliminate the other gangs (2-4 other gangs, depending on circumstance) in The City that you are at war with to take full control of the City and be labelled "Kingpins" of The City.

Dynamics?

-Each gang will have a max # of 5 players with in the gang they decide to side with (If an Odd number of players are present, there could be an automatic balancing system that will relocate players to other gangs to balance the game, also 'Balanced Teams" can be an admin option).

Squad Leaders!!!

-Players will select a "squad leader" who'll act as beacon of sorts in the sense that as long as the squad leader is alive then members of the gang will continue respawning at their starting position if they die.

-Squad Leaders will be tagged with the marker over their head so members know who they have to guard and enemies know who they want to kill.

-Each Squad Leader of each gang will have a specified high end weapon that are at their disposal. (i.e. the leader of the Cuban gang would have the SPAZ shotgun while the leader of the Mafia would have the M-16)

-The Squad leader will only have 3 lives and once the Squad leader's 3rd life is gone then the gang will disband and all members will respawn as pedestrians in random locals and being disqualified from being able to take over the City and become the Kingpin(s).

Hostile Pedos!

-Peds can still participate in the game but they will only spawn with a bat, leaving them only the tools of driving and bashing for their killing needs until they pick up new weapons.

The Mole!!

-Each Kingpin game that is played will randomly select a player to be "The Mole". The player who is selected to be the mole will have the option of siding with any of the other gangs ( only one) or go it alone in secret.

- As The Mole, it is the player's duty to eliminate all hostile enemies the Mole is not sided with (including the back stabbing of the members the Mole has spawned with). AT the same time not revealing to your gang members that you are the dirty backstabbing RAT-BASTARD.

-When a Mole kills a team member, the dialogue will not show their name but rather just say someone (i.e. "Someone blew Cabron's head off!!").

-Only the Mole can team kill.....and ONLY the mole alone. Anyone else who TKs will result in the lost of points.

-How the player will know if they are the mole or not will be through their weapon inventory. A Mole will be equipped with a magnum in addition to their initial set of weapons designated for the gang they joined. (in case of GTA3, the mole will have a shotgun or grenade or some such).

SCORING?

Scoring in general:

-Each normal enemy frag is 5pts

-Pedo frags are 2pts each

-Gang Squad Leader frags are 10pts each

-Mole frags are 15pts (only if you are a member of the same gang the mole is on)

Mole Scoring:

-Each TK (team kill) made is 7 pts

-Each TK of a Squad Leader is 12pts

Pedo Scoring:

-Each Gang frag 2pts

-Each pedo frag 1pt

-Why? cause you suck for letting your squad leader die and now you must suffer!

Specials!!

-Mega High end weapons (i.e. rocket launchers, sniper rifles, remote grenade etc) will spawn in secret areas but equipped with limited amounts of ammo (The launcher would have 1 shots while the sniper would have 2 and the grenade would be 3)

-a player can buy a bomb laced car from 8-ball's shot...1 bomb per player

...and I am spent

-Xan

about the 3 nations idea, could you not base the names of the 2 "developed" nations on the countries actually in Vice and the different tribal groups. The Mexicans could control the West side because they own the airport and the Americans could own the East because of the flashy skyscrapers it looks a lot more advanced and Americanised :P just a thought

This isnt a minigame or anything, but what would be cool(no clue if its possible) is if you could register a server and you could add your own mods to your server for other players. Example, cars, map mods, skins, weapons. Just like how in the stunt server theres ramps added, except this would be all kinds of mods. :D