There's certainly not enough cars around... so...

Xizer

I have a couple of ideas. How about adding the Coach bus? A good place for the Coach would be the vehicle-starved airport area. Also, why was the Gang Burrito not put on Prawn Island? I think it should be, it would be an interesting addition. Obviously, some boats need to be added, so I'll not bother suggesting anything for that, since I'm sure that's being worked on. Well anyways, back to the cars. There should be a couple of Voodoos scattered around in Little Haiti, as well as some Cuban Hermes scattered around Little Havana. A Sabre Turbo could be placed in that garage area of Sunshine Autos, and a BF Injection could be parked somewhere around Washington Beach. A Deluxo could be parked anywhere, really, and the Stretch Limo could be on Starfish Island, with the Love Fist Limo parked in front of the VRock building like in the single game. A firetruck would be one of the funnest cars that could be added. That could go by the fire station. SWAT vehicle could go by a police station. The Ambulance would be an interesting addition as well, that could go anywhere really. The Barracks Ol at Fort Baxter, the Patriot at Phil's Place, the Trashmaster at the dump, flatbed could be parked by the docks somewhere. And the Rhino, well, that's a pretty unfair vehicle, so I'm not sure if that should even be added. Well, those are my ideas.

There is currently a limit of 50 cars. As explained elsewhere on the forum, most were put on the East island because the devs thought if that was where the cars were, that's where the players would stay.

Now they know that's not true, so next version I'd expect to see a better spread of car locations around the map :)

posted a zillion times i think, but what the heck i say it again:

car respawnign :

car respawn after about a minute or something

car disappearing :

when no one is in 100 m of the car for 2 mins,

the car just disappears

or explodes

here you go, it's said for the 'zillion and one' time. :P:P

hope i didn't made you guys agree :twisted:

greeting

xerxes

After playing my first few hours, I have to agree with the guys wanting more cars. To me, driving around like a lunatic is more important than running around with guns.

I'd like to see a lot more cars, especially on the west island, cos if you get stranded over there, it's a nightmare

Besides, there's loads of car parks to fit them, so just throw loads of cars in the map ^_^

After playing my first few hours, I have to agree with the guys wanting more cars. To me, driving around like a lunatic is more important than running around with guns.

I'd like to see a lot more cars, especially on the west island, cos if you get stranded over there, it's a nightmare

Besides, there's loads of car parks to fit them, so just throw loads of cars in the map ^_^

There is a limit of 50 cars at this time, plus that would consume a lot of memory I'm assuming.

• MTA Team

The next version will prolly support 100 vehicles.

Cars will never disappear. But they are only synced when someone is in it, so e.g. i am on the black PCJ from spawn and i'm driving on the second island.. I get of to have a look at something and at that moment someone joins, he sees the PCJ @ spawn since it is not synced, he takes it and i see it disappear.

• 2 weeks later...

Cars will never disappear. But they are only synced when someone is in it, so e.g. i am on the black PCJ from spawn and i'm driving on the second island.. I get of to have a look at something and at that moment someone joins, he sees the PCJ @ spawn since it is not synced, he takes it and i see it disappear.

so basically then you're screwed, being in the middle of nowhere with no car whatsoever? :?:

so basically then you're screwed, being in the middle of nowhere with no car whatsoever? :?:

Not good, imagine falling off the bike, then seeing it blink out of existance. :(

Another scenario - you get out of your car to lay down some heavy fire on an enemy, then turn to jump back in the car for a getaway before his mates nail you, uh-oh! The car's gone! You're screwed.

Could you not implement a timer so that vehicles stay synced for a short period after the player exits them? Maybe a minute or two.

Could you not implement a timer so that vehicles stay synced for a short period after the player exits them? Maybe a minute or two.

We have thought about this as well, but it hasn't come to development yet. I agree that something like that will have to be implemented someday. It's rather unnerving to have your vehicle stolen by a joiner when you are in the middle of something.

Also, although we did find a way to create 100 vehicles on the map, we are currently restricted to using 'only' 80, due to another (new) limit. Rest assured, that we will add more vehicles as soon as we can. Ofcourse, these vehicles will be more evenly divided over the islands.

My only problem when it comes to the whole car issue is that certain vehicles should have been left out and replaced with others. Maybe things have changed a lot in 0.2, but in 0.1 it was just rediculous to have a Faggio or the station wagons or whatever. If you have a car limit, you might as well be using it wisely....like...add more PCJs...haha. You saw that comin. But seriously...I know it's funny to have the stupid cars in the game, but only if you're not limited. I'd rather see 10 more fast cars or bikes in the game than see those car "slots" be used by stupid pointless cars. But maybe that's just me?

i agree, but keep the faggio, it's funny. I recomend more helicopters, and put another hunter in, preferably near the spawn. I realized there actually is a hunter (someone stranded it the first time i looked for it) and it is really far away, it's annoying.