Stolen case

Blokker_1999

screw the fact it's a nice case... p.s. nice case...

Enough said.

:)

And hey... the time spent modding the case is one reason for wanting to mod it (I dont like premods, this is one of the many reasons), another is that should you lan, you dont look so ghetto... as well as being able to show off ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's why i never lan with someone i don't know. I don't go to quake con with my machine, i don't go to anime cons with my machine...because you just can't trust anyone. And when i find people stealing my personal things, i deal no mercy :)

Now, when i take my laptop anywhere, it;s in a steal case with duel locks, then that doesn't leave my sight. Guess a good mod to consider would be chain loops in the bottom of the case lol

• 2 weeks later...
most cases have thingys to lock your case shut and no one can get inside without the key. And you can lock your case to your monitor, which would make it difficult to steal, especially by only one person.

... and then you get industrial wire cutters and cut the cables holding them into place and then you get a hacksaw and break the lock off...

Not too hard to get your computer I think... Where do you live again?

We have locks on the computers at work and I recon it would take me a whole 30 seconds to get the locks off...

When someone is going to steal a case or bits inside I doubt they care about a 'little' damage.

How about a bios/windows password? Forget it. All you have to do is remove the jumper on the motherboard and *POOF* password has gone. Windows password. No problems either brute force the password or wipe the entire system. When you've just scored a new computer your not gonna care about the data that belongs to another person...

What Coolnat2004 is descibing are theft deterrents... :wink: (makes the theif realise they should have brought their wire cutters :roll: