MTA 1.0 Sync!

As an old MTA Race DD player i missed 1 big important thing:

Synchrosation of the CARS!!

The Hits/crashes/bumps VS a Car is Not Realtimed. At mta race if someone laggeed . you saw that he lagged in Realtime(shaking car), but now, example:he is drving straight till his connection connected to teh server again. it SUX!

another example: if 2 drivers drive frontall to eachother, the most lagger(slower connection etc) almost always wins, because his car is still driving Forward while the player who laggs still goes forward. even its an quarter second. it makes the difference of winning and losing.

So my suggestion is:

is it really not possible to have the 'sync' of mta race back to MTA 1.0 ?

What probably causes this is the vehicle interpolation. It makes sure that vehicles are moving smoothly so they won't stutter at high speeds like in MTA:Race. Unfortunetly this only works by delaying every remote Players vehicle by a few hundred ms which add upon the usual ping.

A solution for that would be to also add some kind of extrapolation where the position of remote vehicles gets predectid like in GTA4-MP. This may cause some other desync issues though.

What probably causes this is the vehicle interpolation. It makes sure that vehicles are moving smoothly so they won't stutter at high speeds like in MTA:Race. Unfortunetly this only works by delaying every remote Players vehicle by a few hundred ms which add upon the usual ping.

A solution for that would be to also add some kind of extrapolation where the position of remote vehicles gets predectid like in GTA4-MP. This may cause some other desync issues though.

Well Thanks Hankey, Few Hundred mseconds is alot. DD'ing is not the same anymore since mta 1.0 =[

As a (temporary?) solution you could set ping-limit to your server.

i was talking about fights with 20~30 pingers and a Max Fps of 35 (EPG Server)