6 months MTA

• MTA Team

Today 6 months ago a website was launched. This website contained some information about an ambitious project : bringing MP to GTA3. Many people were sceptic and still thought it could not be done (remember all those hoaxes?) . To prove he got it working, IJsVogel released his first version together with a movie . Many people have tried to redo his work, but only a few succeeded.

In those 6 months a lot has happened. The site has grown from a small simple site to one with a peak of +40 000 visitors and after 3 general forums we ended here on our own with now +4000 users.

GTA3AM renamed to MTA and went from 2 players to 32 players. Ftom TCP to UDP, from GTA3 to VC. A lot has changed, and there is still much more to come

This is just the beginning... There is gonna be more to come in the future and It will be reall awesome. Im liking it already and its buggy. Just wait to it goes fully stable with no lag and having 'Catch the Car' mode on with 32 players! :o

congratulations!

for what you guys did accomplish the last 6 months

for the courage you had the go on

for the result

for the will to continue

and for the enhancements in the future.

I will be here when you guys celebrate 1 year, 2 years and even 5 years!

greetings

and good luck.

xerxes

congratulations, nowlet's go to another 6 months :lol:

it's always long waiting for a new mta, but it's really worth it. You don't find a mod with this quality. Most multiplayer mods for gta3 and vc are crap, for example: ggm and gtat (ggm is unstable and gtat doesn't work for much people behind a router). MTA is stable and works for everyone (without the win98 problems). at the end of this little speach:

please keep working on the best mod ever :wink:

*applause for the MTA team*

you guys are the greatest. you took one of the greatest games and made it even better. I had faith from the beginning that you guys would do something awsome and you have. VC.1 has proven that you guys can accomplish anything. I know that the next one that comes out will be even better.

well its amazing, having seen to progression of the team, the mod, the community, the whole idea is growing. MTA has spawned other mods like GTA:WO, Multiplicity, YAMM (R.I.P :cry: ), GTA-T etc. A GTA Multiplayer community is slowely growing and will continue to grow on the back of strong efforts by both the mta and gtaT camps.

congrats MTA on 6 months of brilliance in hacking *ahem* i mean modifying gta games! =)

congratulations on the 6 months

thanx you

ijs

blokker

sintax

cray

trx

kent

Remboo

ajh

riso

slush

termnl

i thank you all for being my friend and my abition

Good bye friends i hope it all works out for you and that 6 months becomes 12

i will miss you all and never forget your kindness

but when hte end begins it can not be stoped so cya

been a pleaseure

thanx

• 1 month later...

I registered only like 15 minutes ago, however i have been playing the mod for sometime now.

Yesterday i decided to play it abit again and found out that the new version was out, and man it was great, played it all the time untill i went to bed.

A big thank you to the people who made this possible, it's also very nice to see that alot of sites but also magazines spend their time to write a article about this amazing mod.

Keep up the good work, and hopefully you will bring out a version that crashes abit less. ;)

Anyway peace. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, this site is pretty good ... if there are any problems ... this is the one website to visit for help from .. err ... friendly people ... um ... that like to drive cars dangerously 8)

Hey IJsvogel,

Mag ik in het nls posten?nah doe het wel effe in het engels..

True Crime will be released next week on the consoles and on the pc in januari 2004. Many gamesites have rated this game very high and claimed it to be the game that will beat GTA. Like gta it's a free roaming action car theft action game. However it's more in depth then gta. It won't support multiplayer but maybe TC2 will. My question is, if the case is that True Crime will be the next big thing, will you support the mulitplayer for True Crime for the pc version seeing that your team has a lot of experince in it? I hope you will.

See this link to check out the game:www.truecrimela.com

Maybe they will, if the game is really good.

But it's a bit difficult with experience. For VC they had experience from GTA 3, because these games have a very similiar engine, so they basically had to change the memory adresses. But True Crime will have a different engine, because it's developed by another firm. So the only thing they will have experience in is the netcode and server maybe.

I thank you for giving me countless hours of playing fun!

You made the best game even better , you did something Rockstar did not. You made multiplayer for GTA3 and Vice City. I just wanted to say , thanx again . Without you i would have uninstalled GTA VC cuz I played all the missions! Hope this mod will be free for ever and that it will be bug free after a while. Youve managed what GtaT did not , you brought quality MP to GTA . THANX THANX THANX!!!!

Xanni