[REL] IP Finder!

So... Maybe you dont have a static ip.... and you would like your friends to connect, your going to need ur ip!

Or....Maybe your local ip has changed and you need to port forward those AWESOME ports... you will need to know your local ip!

Here is the solver to all your ip needing problems!!!!

IP Finder By Cozza!!!!! (Made in Visual Basic 2008)

Shows Local And External IP!

ScreenShot:

ipfinder.png

c41B.jpg

EDIT: YOU WILL NEED .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

^ It includes .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 and .NET FRAMEWORK 3.0.

UPDATED FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING DELAY ON GETTING IP ADDRESSES:

PQeb.jpg

Sorry if this is in the wrong place... if it is, please move it!

EDIT: PLEASE REPLY WITH NEGATIVE/POSITIVE COMMENTS!

I have posted this on several websites and recieved these messages, this was my first creation in VB and it saves navigating to websites and opening command prompt to go on ipconfig.

1. i think most ppl have their browser running all the time

2. creating a batch file:

@ipconfig /all
@pause

and running it from desktop like your app its easier

3. .NET is VERY UGLY thing (and VisualBasic too).. better don't stick with it..

4. that's all i wanted to say :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have posted this on several websites and recieved these messages, this was my first creation in VB and it saves navigating to websites and opening command prompt to go on ipconfig.

1. i think most ppl have their browser running all the time

2. creating a batch file:

@ipconfig /all
@pause

and running it from desktop like your app its easier

3. .NET is VERY UGLY thing (and VisualBasic too).. better don't stick with it..

4. that's all i wanted to say :D

Come on now, stop finding excuses. When someone actually releases something useful, whining about it isn't really what you want to do, because that decreases the chances of that someone actually bothering to release anything in the future.

1) I'd rather make a shortcut out of this and click that twice instead of 1-2 clicks or keystrokes to open a new tab, then entering the URL (14 keystrokes) + enter.

2) If you have a lot of NICs there'll be a flood with ipconfig /all and that means this is way simpler as you won't have to search through a wall of text..

3) No, it's not. If you're gonna randomly whine about something, please do at least provide reasons. (But not here as it's not what the topic is about.)

Besides, you're wrong. .NET is cool. 8)

I won't argue for VB, though. It's a bitch.

Well, to actually get on-topic here:

You might want to do the work on another thread than the GUI is on, as this long pause which makes the main form unresponsive is not pretty. Other than that, it's a nice program, I guess.

Certainly nicer than batch... :roll:

sry, i have to say that (OFF-TOPIC):

.NET is ugly thing.

Usually ppl are forced to download .NET libraries to run 300KB exe (like this IP finder).

And .NET (from version 2.0, where 3.0 is my personal winner) is causing problems on computers (at least on XP, various versions from SP1-SP3, 32 and 64bit, legal or illegal versions).

Examples:

My friend computer (clean, just after first system install after buy) stopped shutting down after installing 2.0

My old PC had problems with audio after installing 2.0, or 2.5 [cant remember]

My laptop was thround random "memory can't be 'read'/'save'" errors, won't allowing to run GTA for example, wont allowing to use MSN (ive installed that sh*t, 3.0 version, becouse MSN was needing that), and after fresh install of windows i wasnt able to do anything on it..

thats just few examples..

thats why i said to him not to use .net ;)

It's not like you have to download those libraries more than once, (or at all if you're not running a 9 year old OS) and on like 50 computers I've seen/used/installed single-handedly, .NET has still to fuck up once.