Maybe GTA could be used to play RPG instead of DM

Guest wayans

Do you think RPG could be nice on GTA: VC ?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think RPG could be nice on GTA: VC ?

• Yes!
    • No please!
    • Could be nice but its impossible to do.

With this incredible mod, maybe some rpg servers will start.

But maybe features like money transfer and weapon release will be nice to help. Could be fun and will add more to GTA.

Its a whole city to play!!

this discussion has been had many times. vc was not designed to be an rpg. the game true cimes or whatever it is looks to be a gta clone with an rpg element in it, but the gta series would be nearly impossible to turn into an rpg =( - i mean mp was hard enough =P :roll::wink:

agree with wayans... MTA could easily be roleplayed with no additions from the dev's(what a great bunch of guys). All it takes is a little imagination from the players(like any REAL rpg). Putting things in like levels and special equimpent would just be kinda silly considering how much you can do with the game already...

All you really need for RPG in VC is a make-shift money system (maybe by doing stunts or easy tasks), a command to transfer it, and that's about it really. If you don't want to play Vice City as an RPG, don't. Multiplayer adds a different dimension to games that aren't possible in single player. However, killing again and again can get boring. Giving people simple tools that would allow for a story to develop would be great.

Damn that would be a great idea.. VC is a great game to rp on.. think about it.. You can do almost anything ou want in it, and its nothing like turning CS into rp.. For on thing CS is a first person shooter and it is between cops and tarrorists... does VC have anything in common.. No. Like there would be so much more of a city feel to it.. Personaly i think it would be one of the best ideas iv seen on this forum.

Damn that would be a great idea.. VC is a great game to rp on.. think about it.. You can do almost anything ou want in it, and its nothing like turning CS into rp.. For on thing CS is a first person shooter and it is between cops and tarrorists... does VC have anything in common.. No. Like there would be so much more of a city feel to it.. Personaly i think it would be one of the best ideas iv seen on this forum.

I agree... I mean especially for the gangs,

Example: You get your gang in the game, you actually have to build yourself up. You are not an instant Mafia or whatever your gang is. you all start out nobodys... you have to make contacts, make money, build up your reputation, get weapons, open front companys... ect, As you are doing this there are 5 or 6 other gangs doing the same thing... sonner or later your intrests are gonna conflict. then is BOOM! GANG WAR!!!! haha! then you get your blood and guts! 8)

As soon as MTA turns into an RPG, I'm done playing it.

i don't like you people saying that...

at first.. if we started working on the RPG thing, we would absolutely not stop the DM version.. we would either integrate it into 1 MTA, with changable gamemodes (RPG included) or release a second version of MTA:VC RPG or something..

second, we don't have time for RPG at this moment

third, what about all the other planned gamemodes? if you guys think that "MTA turns into a RPG" we just dropped all the other gamemodes?

come on, don't be stupid

First off i read the first few comments and i couldnt help my self from hitting reply.

same here... role playing is for wrestling forums, if you wanna do that, go there

Roleplay is for any gaming forum where it *IS* possible to roleplay, which is basically any game. GTA3/Gta:vc does have a huge element of roleplay in it soon as you enter the game, it puts you in the role of a gangster where you buy buildings, kill for money so basically you are constantly roleplaying while you have been playing single player.

As soon as MTA turns into an RPG, I'm done playing it.

Why? you think they will quite ctf/dm/tdm because of roleplaying? Dont be so god damn ignorant. Also how disheartening do you think it is for mods/admins to hear you say that, just shows how devoted and loyal you are to these people.

In my opinion if you could get a good/stable roleplaying community and change something in the mod to suit the roleplaying aspect such as:money transfers,drug deals etc. I think it would be a great idea, i like the idea of roleplaying a gangster and rolplayed gang wars and such.

P.s im not saying i dont appriciated the work you have done so far guys, im still amazed at what you are doing now. :P

*edit*

RPG is for ppl who like flowers, long walks in the forrest and can't drink a beer because it hurts in their tummy! IMO!

Thank god your opinion dont mean nothing, eh?

That was the most ignorant and stupid comment i have read in this thread, why is rpg games for people who like flowers? haha, it makes no sense what so ever.

Also theres 1 r in forest cpt.brainless.

Also beer dosent hurt anyones tummy unless they consume too much or are alergic to it.

Next time before you flame rp'ers either be constructive or shut up, good night.

:lol:

Also sorry for being rude etc on the board but people liek cpt.brainless make me mad with their ignorance.

Edited by Guest