NFS style Script... need some help tho

GioSerpo

OK. I am making a Need For Speed style script, with a free roam sort of feel to it. You start with a set amount of money, buy a car, and, if you have any extra money, you can upgrade it. the way to make money is obvious, race. but you do not have to race if you don't want to. Race types would include circuits (one or two laps tops 4-10 drivers), drags(straight stretch two cars max), sprints (point a to point b 2-8 drivers), and maybe drifts(most drift points wins 2-8 drivers). Winning a race gets you the pot which depends on how many racers and if its a pay to race or not. if a pay to race costs $1000 and there are 4 racers, the pot would be $5000, because there is an automatic $250 added per driver. If its NOT a pay to race, there is $500 per driver. The exception to the pot is races that only have two drivers. Drags are the main type, but sprints and drifts can have between 2 and 8, so they count sometimes. IF the race only has 2 drivers the winning driver wins the losing drivers car.

The races would be whenever enough people want to do that particular map. There would be quiet a few different maps, but nothing out of San Andreas, like in most race servers, and there wont be to many obstacles. The races would all take place in the same dimension, some even at the same time, but the problem is, i wouldn't know how to script it to do be in the same dimension at the same time, or if its even possible. Thanks in advanced for any help... Gio...

Looks like you only got few resources from community... If you have scripted that by yourself, you wouldn't be asking here now questions like that.. What can i tell you? Well, if I were you, i would open https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/ and start to learn script.. I'm sorry to say that, but you need a lot of work on that, and nobody will spent so much time on just-another-perfect-idea.. You can ask if you got a problem while scripting, but if you don't have it, just ideas etc, you can get no results.. Think about it:) good luck!

Sounds interesting, I can help you, but in consideration, you should let me to include the entire script to the BlueDragon Gamemode (private gamemode for a server). The main goal of our script is Free roaming, version 1.0 is already out and already running, and all the NFS thingy would be included in a second goal of the script itself.

ok... first of all, i scripted and mapped all of what i have myself... get your facts straight. i didn't "get a few resources from the community" cause this is the first time i have asked "the community" for help on my own... that being said, i know how to script some stuff, i am not the best in the world, but i surely am not the best either. I have been told to look into the race gamemode, but, that didn't help me any... The wiki is my best friend. i use it every day... and yea, it might be a "perfect" idea, but it will never be a perfect script, even if the best scripters in the world script it...

now to ecoxp, thanks for your support. PM me and ill send you my MSN add and we can talk more about this.

When you finish this will it be released so i can use it on my server.

I have a zombie server called zombies r us right now and i am wanting to get another server and this is what i im looking for. here is some of my ideas for it:

1.make it a roleplay with jobs like mechanic, cop, undercover cop, medic, and stuff like that. if you want to go for a fast and furious approach you could add truck hi jacker, dea drug dealer gun dealer car theif, ect

2. nos gauge

3.nos were you have to hold down the button insted of a constant flow

sry bout the delay, some serious issues that im not gonna go into detail into... but, @rikimaru, no, im not gonna open source this, sorry. @Varez thanks for the link, i honestly had no idea, but there wasnt much useful there.... anyway, any help on this would be apperciated.