race mode is dead

TheDeftGamer

Question

ive been afk for about 2 years and my return about a month ago marks what i always feared, the unpopularity of race mode. Sure there are still a couple hundred people who still play regularly but there are so many servers and most of them are empty as hell.

There are a few that are constantly packed. The rest of the mta players play in every other game mode. All these other gamemodes have been great to help mta grow but is killing race mode.

my clan's alw rpg racing server used to be full 24-7 and rarely experianced any numbers below 10. now we get regular rotations of 0 people. wtf? they all left to play ther modes and the community has been degrading.

This makes me very sad, especially since our server is so kick ass, we have a top time ghost, custom graphics, custom rpg stats system and the best tested maps around. Yet the servers dead.

opinions? do you guys think race is dead? just getting started?

ive been afk for about 2 years and my return about a month ago marks what i always feared, the unpopularity of race mode. Sure there are still a couple hundred people who still play regularly but there are so many servers and most of them are empty as hell.

There are a few that are constantly packed. The rest of the mta players play in every other game mode. All these other gamemodes have been great to help mta grow but is killing race mode.

my clan's alw rpg racing server used to be full 24-7 and rarely experianced any numbers below 10. now we get regular rotations of 0 people. wtf? they all left to play ther modes and the community has been degrading.

This makes me very sad, especially since our server is so kick ass, we have a top time ghost, custom graphics, custom rpg stats system and the best tested maps around. Yet the servers dead.

opinions? do you guys think race is dead? just getting started?

You mention that your server have good features, but the point might be if it is updated regulary and if any of these updates are major "visual" ones ( in this case updates that the players can notice: example some nice and new guis etc ) or just some scripting improvements( in this case most part of this code, players might dont even notice anything new and will fall in boreness as the server dont have updates to entertain them. ).

Server Owner "job" is hard especialy in this case since most of the race servers runing on mta use the same untouched race resource, and this makes race servers looking all the same.

Bringing something unique is a solution, then you will need for sure loads of ads and ofc the updates i have mentioned abvoe.

Well, I played ]Alw[ race server and it's nice!

But anyway, it's really a hard job to make a server popular.

Since there are many "Race" gamemodes on the list, Mr.Green had made their goal.

Many people wanted to see unique gamemodes, like Mini-missions of course!

Try making a new gamemode like Roleplay, as it was popular on SA-MP and like Valhalla server which the server never gets empty.

yeah but dosent that further say that race is dead. Our server has an rpg mode where you gain experiance points, and build levels. Plus if you finish in a top time you will set a "ghost" like the ghosts in mario kart that you can race against. Its an awesome fing script.

We requently add fun maps and destroy maps that we think is boring. our gui is pretty unique and constatly evolves. Its just that the numbers arent there. Too many people play other game modes to pay us mind. and like xx3 said, (who i remember has played on our server), everyone who has come to play likes it alot, they just dont like playing in an empty server.

I feel like if we could pack it for 24 hours, people would take notice and we would be back on top. but alas it is but a dream.

I shall miss the grand old days.

yeah but dosent that further say that race is dead. Our server has an rpg mode where you gain experiance points, and build levels. Plus if you finish in a top time you will set a "ghost" like the ghosts in mario kart that you can race against. Its an awesome fing script.

We requently add fun maps and destroy maps that we think is boring. our gui is pretty unique and constatly evolves. Its just that the numbers arent there. Too many people play other game modes to pay us mind. and like xx3 said, (who i remember has played on our server), everyone who has come to play likes it alot, they just dont like playing in an empty server.

I feel like if we could pack it for 24 hours, people would take notice and we would be back on top. but alas it is but a dream.

I shall miss the grand old days.

Althougth your feature are good, are they new to old players?

I understand that for example the levels is a good way to entertain the players as they will need contant fight to keep their level on tops, but that can also become bored as rlly old players will allways have advantage,one thing i can say is that to dont give up,never giveup :!:

maybe your serever will gain some popularity if make people download over 100 mbs of useless shit instead of todays 30.

Our server has an rpg mode where you gain experiance points, and build levels. Plus if you finish in a top time you will set a "ghost" like the ghosts in mario kart that you can race against. Its an awesome fing script.

shit nobody cares about.

Yes this is time for roleplay servers.There are many roleplay servers now.I found a new one :Shodown Gaming Roleplay.Its in development stage but its growing fast.

Paradise Roleplay Have The RP script to.

and it has more then Shodown

so play Paradise Roleplay 0.1 (0.1.0 beta) 8)

Nah

Race is Best game Mode :D

and It have More Ideas than Any game Mod,

Say ...

in DM Maps, We Creat many Objects and Make Maps ...

in Other Game modes, Largest map may get into : 100kb ...

and in Race Mode, Largest map size I Saw in my Life was : 850kb ...

so Race Game mode WON !!! xD

Nah

Race is Best game Mode :D

and It have More Ideas than Any game Mod,

Say ...

in DM Maps, We Creat many Objects and Make Maps ...

in Other Game modes, Largest map may get into : 100kb ...

and in Race Mode, Largest map size I Saw in my Life was : 850kb ...

so Race Game mode WON !!! xD

I saw an 1.2 mb map xD

I wouldn't say it's dead... but I'd say it's dying. Only really good server nowadays is GTA.ru race server which is quite inactive and mostly the scripts are off too. Only relatively active server is GTA.ru DD and fun. But sadly there aren't any race maps. :(

I'd like to see more people playing race mod because it's fun as hell and it's better than race mod built in MTA DM. Although the DM writes the race mod over when you install it, you can still have both versions. Just make a different directory for Race Mod and play both :)

I'd reccomend the GTA.ru race server, it's one of the few good race servers left. So people, download Race Mod again and join with MTA racers who are still here ;)