Anyone know CPR? I need it!

Cecer1

What do you think of the new MTA homepage?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new MTA homepage?

• I love it
    • Very nice
    • I like it
    • About the same
    • It doesn't look right
    • I don't like it
    • I hate it

Question

So I came on today.

Did my standard check for updates of a few things.

MTA was down... "Damn, this sucks"

Checked it just now and almost had a heart attack... NOT EXPECTING THAT!

I love it! It is absolutely amazing!

Before MTA and SA-MP looked the same by the homepage. This really does show the true colours of quality.

Top marks.

What does everyone else think?

Personally, I like to see the new features and updates finally added in IE8 that IE6, IE7, and below didn't have, but everything from later versions of IE7 and above lag like none other. It takes forever to get that damn browser to load when you first open it. I'm a huge IE fan, but this is a major turn-off for wanting to use this product. I think many other would also agree, hence why some haven't upgraded.

What makes you an IE fan in the first place? You must be a MS fan in that case :o

What makes you try and use that against me? My browser choice should not be affecting my ability to view a website correctly.

IE affects it, just as you mentioned, take lag for example. There aren't many guys that use IE, the ones are mostly noobs..(not saying you are btw) IE8 was ok when I first tried it with W7Beta, but its still not as fast and lagless as either FF,Chrome,Opera.

IE is a pain to code for, and pretty much universally hated by web developers. So, yes, your choice of using IE does limit your access to websites. IE can't even get some of the simplest layouts right, though it has undeniably got better. I can't think of any reason you'd use IE over Firefox or Chrome, except for fanatical devotion.

I have one good reason: FireFox has horrible memory leaks, Chrome is too basic for some heavier/more complex websites to correctly work or load, and all the others just suck in general in my personal opinion. IE may have it's issues, but FireFox and all the others aren't much without it's existence.

They sure are much better now, Opera, Chrome, Firefox all > IE. Chrome is perfect for all the pages, a lot better than IE for sure. It is lightweight, but to browse the web quickly it suits my needs. What about Opera? If not Firefox, Opera is the right choice. Anyways, Firefox 2 > All.

I have one good reason: FireFox has horrible memory leaks, Chrome is too basic for some heavier/more complex websites to correctly work or load, and all the others just suck in general in my personal opinion. IE may have it's issues, but FireFox and all the others aren't much without it's existence.

Just to reiterate: IE is a pain to code for. It is universally hated by web developers because it fails to render pages properly. All other browsers, regardless of their flaws, will pretty much render a web page fine. That's the main point coming across here. IE will always be the common denominator when it comes to rendering a website properly.

As for "Chrome is too basic for some heavier/more complex websites to correctly work or load", that's the first time i've ever heard someone say anything like that. Chrome's lightweight nature actually makes it more flexible and able to run heavier and more complex websites because it is more efficient overall.

In my experience, Chrome and Safari will load pages that both Firefox and IE crash or hang on. They also cope with very long pages much much better than Firefox.

For the record, Opera seems to deal with long pages nicely too.