Anyone know CPR? I need it!

Cecer1

What do you think of the new MTA homepage?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new MTA homepage?

• I love it
    • Very nice
    • I like it
    • About the same
    • It doesn't look right
    • I don't like it
    • I hate it

Question

So I came on today.

Did my standard check for updates of a few things.

MTA was down... "Damn, this sucks"

Checked it just now and almost had a heart attack... NOT EXPECTING THAT!

I love it! It is absolutely amazing!

Before MTA and SA-MP looked the same by the homepage. This really does show the true colours of quality.

Top marks.

What does everyone else think?

For me is not the design itself but the way how the pictures have been done,

Starting with the main picture, with a total war where you can see some parts of the hydra going outside of the layout( good concept ) then the picture from down, wich shows a player glued to a vehicle shoting against the police, that shows also a good point of mta in this case the syncs, then another thing is the texts from the webpage, they are all thinked at last detail, to give the needed information about all mta,

ALSO

the last feature from the website but not the less important ( in this case is the most important )

is the download icon wich is "big" and "centered", so in this case there is no more anymore excuse to players dont see it.

in general i give the max note.

10/10.

my gripes:

forums - i would like to see a better breadcrumb layout for the navigation so can navigate around easier. I don like having to scroll down to get to the index of a section of the forums only to have to scroll down again to get to the main forum index after that. Its also a pain in the ass to figure out how to add a sig / avitar.

resources - there is no option to list ALL resources or ALL scripts etc. I want to see them all at once but sadly i cant search without entering some kind of string. also i would like to be able to use the back button on my browser without getting a page not found after i clicked on a resource i wanted to read a little about.

the good:

the artwork is great for the homepage, the color scheme for the forums is great. I think you guys are in the right direction but needs some polish in usability.

( I am a former freelance graphic artist / webdesigner )

( now i shoot x-rays at people )

my gripes:

forums - i would like to see a better breadcrumb layout for the navigation so can navigate around easier. I don like having to scroll down to get to the index of a section of the forums only to have to scroll down again to get to the main forum index after that. Its also a pain in the ass to figure out how to add a sig / avitar.

There is a breadcrumb at the top of each page, as well as a dropdown (and "board index" link) for navigation on the bottom of each page. That seems to be enough options; what else do you suggest to add to that?

And signatures and avatars are, as with nearly every other forum, part of the "User Control Panel" under the "Profile" tab.

To say it as it is, It's frking amazing :) Great work, this update of the main site makes MTA stand out from the rest looking more like something that takes San Andreas as an multiplayer mod serious, and listen to the players at the max.

As i cant wait to see what the design for the community site will be looking like i give this a 10/10

Keep on the good work :)

what the design for the community site will be looking like

Hmm, is it really going to be changed in the near future? I wanna get fully working stats system that was missed since dp2.x times :D

From IRC:

[15:09] WIll there a ned Design for the Community Page too?

[15:13] <@arc_> No new design for Community for now SpeedY

Ya, honestly I too would like to see the other pages get a redesign to match the rest of the site. It's kinda sad that only part of it was redone, with no plans to complete the rest. I'm also a little upset about some of the missing information on the site that was there with the old homepage. I know some of it is being fixed as we speak, but there are other parts that have been missing for quite some time now.

Overall, the site is amazing. I love the design honestly. :)

my gripes:

There is a breadcrumb at the top of each page, as well as a dropdown (and "board index" link) for navigation on the bottom of each page. That seems to be enough options; what else do you suggest to add to that?

And signatures and avatars are, as with nearly every other forum, part of the "User Control Panel" under the "Profile" tab.

maybe its just me but i do not see breadcrumbs on the top of the page, nor do i see a "profile tab".

Here is what the site looks like for me using internet explorer.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8792 ... telook.gif

Please dont say i should be using firefox instead because useability means it fuctions properly on all browers.

It's indeed related to older versions of Internet Explorer. I experience the same problem at PCs of my school, and because the school staff lacks the brains to know what "upgrade" or "a proper browser" means, we're stuck with an old version. However, on my PC is the latest version of IE (which I barely use) and it works just fine.

If you do want to see the problem with IE 8 +, enable compatibility mode. It breaks the forums almost like you're running an ancient IE version.

There's no point in not upgrading to IE8.

Yet, not everybody does it.

Let's take a look at some statistics. (It's of course not 100% reliable, as stated somewhere near the bottom of the page, but shouldn't be too far off)

According to the statistics, the amount of people using IE8 is only 1.5x larger than IE7, and somewhat the same counts for IE6. Although the number is decreasing, it's still a 10 - 20% of the people (approximately) who are still using older versions of IE. Personally, I don't think this can just simply be ignored.

Besides, does it really cost that much effort to make the website compatible with older versions to just forget about it?

Websites should still accommodate IE7 users. It's a pain the rear that every web programmer would prefer to live without but there are still a lot of users with IE7 and IE7 isn't really considered an "old" browser in the same vein as IE6 which needs to be killed immediately with a stake to the heart.

The statistics posted above will be extremely unreliable given the website they were collected on.

Websites should still accommodate IE7 users. It's a pain the rear that every web programmer would prefer to live without but there are still a lot of users with IE7 and IE7 isn't really considered an "old" browser in the same vein as IE6 which needs to be killed immediately with a stake to the heart.

The statistics posted above will be extremely unreliable given the website they were collected on.

i agree, i personaly havent upgraded just because i know the bugs arent ironed out until much later after product release. I forgot all about it. It might be time to upgrade.

Personally, I like to see the new features and updates finally added in IE8 that IE6, IE7, and below didn't have, but everything from later versions of IE7 and above lag like none other. It takes forever to get that damn browser to load when you first open it. I'm a huge IE fan, but this is a major turn-off for wanting to use this product. I think many other would also agree, hence why some haven't upgraded.

Personally, I like to see the new features and updates finally added in IE8 that IE6, IE7, and below didn't have, but everything from later versions of IE7 and above lag like none other. It takes forever to get that damn browser to load when you first open it. I'm a huge IE fan, but this is a major turn-off for wanting to use this product. I think many other would also agree, hence why some haven't upgraded.

What makes you an IE fan in the first place? You must be a MS fan in that case :o

What makes you an IE fan in the first place? You must be a MS fan in that case :o

What makes you try and use that against me? My browser choice should not be affecting my ability to view a website correctly.

IE is a pain to code for, and pretty much universally hated by web developers. So, yes, your choice of using IE does limit your access to websites. IE can't even get some of the simplest layouts right, though it has undeniably got better. I can't think of any reason you'd use IE over Firefox or Chrome, except for fanatical devotion.