[REL] Stage 1.5.0 - virtual actors and camera workshop

vovo4ka

nice, 5stars, was going make some recorder too, but now im free of it :D

btw why is crouching disabled?theres simple function isPedDucked() for geting it, and controlstate for making him crouch.

also you could use ped task system for enter/exit vehicle animations

nice, 5stars, was going make some recorder too, but now im free of it :D

btw why is crouching disabled?theres simple function isPedDucked() for geting it, and controlstate for making him crouch.

also you could use ped task system for enter/exit vehicle animations

Thanx!

controlstate for making him crouch - doesn't work

enter/exit vehicle animations - I will try this in next version

It's superb! Since I saw the video here, The results is looking like in the original GTA! :D

Well vovo4ka just now gave us a tutorial video. Take a look here:

It's a beginner's tutorial how to make peds, move them, animate them, enter a vehicle (and move them), and poof, It's great!

Full help shown by F2 key.

I cant make ped crouch. Ped fast crouch and stands up :?

Make ped lookin around impossible too. Becouse SetPedLookAt works on on client-side created peds. But warpPedIntoVehicle works only with server-side ped. I can't transmit to server id of local ped. getElementsByType with "ped" argument return empty table on server. Any suggestions? :?:

I don't know if your new version fixes this, but there's a bit of an issue with the playback for me. Don't get me wrong, I really like your resource and I always wanted to see someone taking the whole concept of recording one huge step further, but there's something bothering me:

I had set up a small test map, to test it a little now I know how it works thanks to your tutorial. But right at the first actor I was recording, I kind of struck a major issue: It wasn't exactly driving the path I had recorded. Check it out below:

XFire: MTA Stage - Playback issue (ye I know my recording quality sucks, blame my PC)

As you can see, I clearly drive off the driveway and turn west. The ped does the same, except that it doesn't seem to make the full turn. This results in the ped driving up against a wall, and a guy behind a PC (ye me) facepalming at that same ped. Sometimes repeating the playback gives slightly improved results, but it's never exactly like I recorded it, it seems.

I don't know if this is fixed in the next version, but frankly, I think it's pretty high priority, don't you think?

That's all for the issue, now to get to the fun part: Suggestions to make this resource even better:

• During recording in a vehicle, don't just record the control states (which I guess you're currently doing?), but also: position, velocity and turn velocity. This might make the recording a bit laggier, but should most certainly increase the accuracy.
  • Create some more GUI. For instance, using a command for map loading can be quite annoying sometimes. Also, generally, GUI looks a lot more professional anyhow
  • Make all keybinds re-bindable, by using command binds. I'm not sure if anyone would want to change the keybinds, but it's a generally good idea to support it anyway. (for instance, P is already in use by the admin panel) I'll make a small example below.
  • Less debug messages would be nice, or putting them in another spot (like karlis already mentioned)
  • I'm not sure if this already exists, but a way to save the recorded stage stuff would be very welcome. So if you're out of time for the day, and want to continue later on, you can simply save all movement and the map in a single resource. But also, if you want to show it to someone else, you could simply send it to that person.
  • Instead of depending on Freeroam, I think it would be a lot more professional to have a teleporter / skin selector / animation selector / vehicle creator of your own
  • More advanced documentation in-game. I guess you've been working on this, but just mentioning it would be useful for starters
  • Keeping up the good work and not giving up on this project. :wink:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re-bindable keybinds

function playback()
-- code code code code
end
addCommandHandler("Toggle playback", playback)
bindKey("p", "down", "Toggle playback")

This code would make "Toggle playback" show in "MTA Main Menu -> Settings -> Binds -> Stage".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make ped lookin around impossible too. Becouse SetPedLookAt works on on client-side created peds. But warpPedIntoVehicle works only with server-side ped. I can't transmit to server id of local ped. getElementsByType with "ped" argument return empty table on server. Any suggestions? :?:

setPedLookAt only works client-side, true. But nowhere is said it only works on client-side peds? Server-side created peds and client-side created peds should work respond the same to setPedLookAt.

Thanks for feedback! :greenjumpers:

Yes there is a Great Problem - repeat player movement precisely. Using SetControlState suitable for on-foot peds but vehicle controls very bad. I'm working on it!

setPedLookAt only works client-side, true. But nowhere is said it only works on client-side peds? Server-side created peds and client-side created peds should work respond the same to setPedLookAt.

http://bugs.mtasa.com/view.php?id=4325

Try this code expample with getElementsByType("ped") and create 1 server-side ped and 1 client-side

------

Also you can try to use console command "dd" with parameters -10 -5 0 5 10 5 (try each of them)

Maybe it will help in some cases

-----

In Actor mode u can use freecam mode (F5 key) for fast movement and select ped position

New update. Now vehicles can move over all map :D

Thanks Gamesnert for idea save positions and speed of object. Previously I tried it but forgot about speed and movement were very lagged :D . Now they are lagged too) but not so strong(depends on cpu speed. sometimes while fraps recording in high resolution vehicles shakes. my laptop CPU very weak :cry: )

Peds can walk over "physic distance" too.

Also new tutorial available here

I'm really impressed. We discussed making a resource like this 'officially' a few months back, but decided nobody really had the time.

A few points, just from watching the video:

- As others have said, try and avoid using the chatbox. We've always strongly discouraged this as it's pretty ugly and not user-friendly. You already display whether you're recording/playing back on the HUD, that should be enough - you can hide extra stuff in the console if people want it.

- Minimize the number of keys - provide a GUI for them if you possibly can, even if keys are much faster, the GUI helps introduce new users.

- It should be possible to integrate this inside the editor - this would probably make some things easier!

- When we discussed this in the team, we talked about a timeline view - like 'real' video editors have. Here it could be really useful, you might want to make a car start driving a little earlier or later for example, or speed up or slow down a section or something. Lots of possibilities there, probably not that easy, but you see pretty capable! Adding something like that would really take things to the next level.

- What about having it so you can play back a player or vehicle as a spectator (i.e. in the view you were in originally, behind them), and if you want, take over control of them? Maybe you could record the driving the first time, and the drive by the second time - or maybe you recorded a really long drive but then crashed near the end and just want to redo that bit?

- Can you record different cameras and cut between them? What about adding in fade to blacks and so on?

I've love to see this made into a cut scene editor, that could then be used by other resources. Even better, perhaps it could build into a co-op game mode editor, though that's fairly different! :)

Well done! Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Thx all!!!!!! :):signthanks:

Now i'm working on GUI and new method of movement data capture. Make timeline is easy with this method.

What about having it so you can play back a player or vehicle as a spectato

Good idea. In future versions will be implemented.

It should be possible to integrate this inside the editor

I think about the possibility of pointing trajectory of the camera. But I don't know how to draw 3d lines for debug in Map Editor :(

And maybe add some SFX like explosions, etc.

Can you record different cameras and cut between them?

Yes it's easy

What about adding in fade to blacks and so on?

It is very easy to do, but I think this is the post-effects and this must be done in a video editor

AI peds doesn't aim at the correct position

I'm working on it. I think I already have a solution :wink:

Tutorial 1. Work with peds:

in this one it says "also don't forget to add stage resource rights in ACL for restartResource command"..

i'm not sure .. do i have to add this in the acl.xml?

<acl name="stage">
       <right name="command.restart" access="true" />
</acl>

I just added to the Moderator group. :oops::oops::oops: Like this:

<group name="Moderator">
     <acl name="Moderator"/>
     <object name="resource.mapcycler"/>
     <object name="resource.mapmanager"/>
 [b] <object name="resource.stage"/>[/b]
     <object name="resource.resourcemanager"/>
     <object name="resource.votemanager"/>
  </group>