Serial ban???

hiro365

Question

serials are bound to your hardware configuration

Tnx for answering, but what does this mean? hardware configuration???? hmm does this mean that serial banned players cant get into the same server until they change a hardware component???

serials are bound to your hardware configuration

Tnx for answering, but what does this mean? hardware configuration???? hmm does this mean that serial banned players cant get into the same server until they change a hardware component???

For that is needed that they know what hardware has been banned, this means in other words they will need to buy a new PC.

Hi guys...

Serials are used by MTA to identify players, serials are bound to your hardware configuration and your MTA community account

Well i have few Quest ç_ç

1)Do i need a resource (banserial cmd) to use this kind of ban?

2)Ban serial works with UNregistered ppl (MTA COMM)?

3)If i get banned, i am banned only in that server right? Its possible to be unbanned by the admin of the server?

Regards

Lovinglife

You'll need to store the banned serial somewhere (for example MySQL as Mini-Missions does) and then when a player connects, check if the player's serial is among the banned list. That's what you'll need. Also a command to ban a serial would be useful.

3)If i get banned, i am banned only in that server right? Its possible to be unbanned by the admin of the server?

Yes. MTA doesn't have a "shared (official) ban list" like SA-MP has (SprunkBuster) for example.

You'll need to store the banned serial somewhere (for example MySQL as Mini-Missions does) and then when a player connects, check if the player's serial is among the banned list. That's what you'll need. Also a command to ban a serial would be useful.

Yes. MTA doesn't have a "shared (official) ban list" like SA-MP has (SprunkBuster) for example.

Ok ty for answering 1 and 3 Qs ^^

Mta does not need a shared banlist, Serialbaning Cheater is way better and sufficient.

And i dont think you can change your Serialban.

I only found Registryentries for the Mta-Version of my previous Mta-Version,

you should ask for a Unban on the Server, not here.

Im sure there is a Way, but i wont search the whole C++ portfolio for it :|

yes, serial bans are much more effective then banning IP's because you cannot evade serial bans(unless you change computers) which means less hackers.

1 new system component is pretty enough for getting a new serial.

Still more effective though.

IP: Press button. Wait.

Hardware: Turn off computer. Get tools for opening computer. Take out component. Insert new component. Screw stuff back together. Turn on computer. Put away tools.

Still more effective though.

IP: Press button. Wait.

this statment is correct only when you have dynamic ip. it might be vpn or some shitty dial-up. no matter. otherwise game over. ip bans can be pretty tough too, lol.

Hardware: Turn off computer. Get tools for opening computer. Take out component. Insert new component. Screw stuff back together. Turn on computer. Put away tools.

i wonderz what kind of hardware it must be. i mean must it be something signifficant like graphics card or a new ddr is pretty enough... also, i heard that it's possible to change your serial with some "magic" actions in the command prompt. :twisted: