Chatbox Inprovements

I got a few suggestions for the current "Chatbox".

1. The current Limit of the Chatbox is set to 40 Characters - Nickname.

Example for Username 'Dolce&Gabbana':

Dolce&Gabbana:Hey Guys i just want to say Hello

15 Characters + 33 Characters = 48 Characters

= 2 Lines for a Small Text

It would be better removing or fix the Font: Verdana (buggy when changing from Font XY to Font Verdana)

4ftw1x.jpg

and decreasing the Chatwindow Font to 60% - 80% + Increasing the Size of the Chatbox´s X Coordinate

and increasing the Chatboxcharacters to 125 Symbols + adding a Rule 2 prevent Multiline Comments/Statements.

Default Font should be Verdana

2. Setting the Chatbox Layout Serverside would be also great Feature since the current one looks like

a blue Direct X Rectangle with somelines init. Its not necessary changing the Players config/.xml Stylesheet Configuration,

just changing the Layout till he Leave the Server. Then the Layout should be set to default.

3. Alphavalue for the outputChatBox. It should be possible but i think this can wait.

Greeetz Jason

and decreasing the Chatwindow Font to 60% - 80% + Increasing the Size of the Chatbox´s X Coordinate

With this, I think you mean scaling the text down a little. This is already possible in the MTA Main Menu -> Settings -> Chatbox. Edit the "scale" parameters. (the ones which are 1 x 1 by default, change them to 0.8 x 0.8 for 80%) Increasing the size of chatbox X coordinate means making it wider, I guess? For that, use the width parameter right underneath the scale option.

Default Font should be Verdana

Why? Tahoma looks fine.

2. Setting the Chatbox Layout Serverside would be also great Feature since the current one looks like

a blue Direct X Rectangle with somelines init. Its not necessary changing the Players config/.xml Stylesheet Configuration,

just changing the Layout till he Leave the Server. Then the Layout should be set to default.

Apparently, lil_Toady has already made a chatbox resource which works exactly like the MTA chatbox. With the new function getChatboxLayout (which will come in 1.0.4 / 1.1) it should be possible to entirely remake the client's chatbox using the client's chatbox settings, and introduce some features of your own.

3. Alphavalue for the outputChatBox. It should be possible but i think this can wait.

I really don't see what for. You want to make invisible text messages or something? :roll:

This can really wait, because for this a resource could be used like the previous point.

You want to make invisible text messages or something?

No but it would be useful for ranged Chatmessages.

Why? Tahoma looks fine.

It looks fine, but Verdana is easily readable (and it looks epic for any Resolution)

Tahoma is fine yeah, but i think it´s better setting the Dafault Font to Verdana.

Lots of Players are uninformed about changing the Mta-Ingame-Font :roll:

No but it would be useful for ranged Chatmessages.

Frankly, in no way is that making the slightest bit of sense to me. If you would set the alpha, it would still take up space, resulting in empty lines. Also, the alpha would change for everyone. For ranged that, the example on this page on the wiki should suffice really.

It looks fine, but Verdana is easily readable (and it looks epic for any Resolution)

Tahoma is fine yeah, but i think it´s better setting the Dafault Font to Verdana.

Lots of Players are uninformed about changing the Mta-Ingame-Font :roll:

Shouldn't you inform players instead of radically changing their font all of a sudden? And by the way, I can read Tahoma just fine. I'd recommend people who can't read it to buy a pair of glasses, really. :roll: