Wow, how big is their head?

Cecer1

Question

I like to go on SA-MP forums sometimes to sort of slip in the odd comparison between MTA and SA-MP (subtly to avoid deleted post which is pointless).

A while a go I did a (crappy/rushed) video for youtube which would would be a general advert for Multi Player (although sided to MTA a lot).

I made a (fake) help thread on there pretending to be a really big noob just to see what answers they would give when I asked how to do it in SA-MP.

http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=138130.0

I like how when I ask for something that can be done in SA-MP but not MTA nobody can name any.

Also, recently I questioned why everything gets the reply of "It's scriptable" when a suggestion is made.

http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=128040.msg939181#msg938939

Put simply I asked this:

I notice most of the suggestions here get the reply "scriptable" even if the result would look buggy.

However a lot of the suggestions that are put down are already in the, less popular, cousin of SA-MP (purposely unnamed).

I am just wondering why you would rather limit your scripting arsenal as well as using slower work around.

Now here is where the title comes from.

I notice most of the suggestions here get the reply "scriptable" even if the result would look buggy.

However a lot of the suggestions that are put down are already in the, less popular, big brother cousin of SA-MP (purposely unnamed).

I am just wondering why you would rather limit your scripting arsenal as well as using slower work around.

Because we rather see functions we can't script.

It is one thing calling SA-MP anywhere nearly equal to MTA but a big brother!

After I replied I remembered that saying which seemed very relevant in this situation, so I edited my post like so:

"The phrase quality not quantity comes to mind when reading your answer."

Your thoughts?

13 answers to this question

My thoughts are: they're biased idiots who either don't know what they're talking about or are in denial.

Sadly, I don't see a better situation on the horizon.

What should be done is "opening a door" for SA-MP communities like Mini Missions or Valhalla have done - this is an excellent way to provide SA-MP players with an opportunity to see MTA in a more neutral or fair light. Trying to convince "single" players or small groups is usually a perfect exercise in futility, simply because they won't listen.

My thoughts are: they're biased idiots who either don't know what they're talking about or are in denial.

Sadly, I don't see a better situation on the horizon.

What should be done is "opening a door" for SA-MP communities like Mini Missions or Valhalla have done - this is an excellent way to provide SA-MP players with an opportunity to see MTA in a more neutral or fair light. Trying to convince "single" players or small groups is usually a perfect exercise in futility, simply because they won't listen.

Actualy we moved all our entire Comunity from samp to Mta ( and we dont noticed any big damage on our player count, it still the same and even better, im also proud to bring at least 30+ players from samp to mta ( promissed this to talidan in other words ehehe ) ), we just give up from samp at all ( exist a server actualy on samp using this name but not associated with us )

because, lets just put it shortly:

SA-MP is basic and limited.

It could be made with nothing more than the PHP SDK if you think about it.

Not to mention they could very easily adapt it to MTA.

Also not meantion that our system based on that could be more effective if used Serials, so meaning if you are sprunkbusted you could not even change the ip, that would cause pain on cheaters ass, and make mta 100% cheat free.

At the moment, spreading serial bans would be a ridiculously poor idea seeing as they still don't appear to work properly. However, once the serial system is working again, we could rather easily make a ban system that makes Sprunkbuster go away and hide in shame. :P