few suggestions about dxdraw and sounds

karlis

dxdraw:

1)would be very nice to set bounding box(alpha, or w/e it is called) for dxdrawimage(), so it would make for example making custom radars possible

2)smooth recoloring(gradient) from one color to another in dxdrawrectangle, it would need 3 args: first color, second color, rotation in that fade will be performed

sounds:

1)getOrginalSounds(some name) - would return some sound dummy element from gtasa dir, and make possible to use it in for example playSound3D, that way would be possible for example to make proper 3d effect of vehicle radios on foot

2)getRadioPosition() & setRadioPosition() would return/set current radio playing time (eg. to skip song), same as set/getSoundPosition, but for radio

Edited by Guest

Signing for bounding box for dxDraw. You've done it for text already, so I think it will be possible. It gives a lot of possibilities.

Recoloring can be done with client_anim properly tweaked ;)

And for sound, I think it can be useful, but this isn't a priority, cuz you can extract them from original data, but you can't clip images in any way.

Signing for bounding box for dxDraw. You've done it for text already, so I think it will be possible. It gives a lot of possibilities.

Recoloring can be done with client_anim properly tweaked ;)

And for sound, I think it can be useful, but this isn't a priority, cuz you can extract them from original data, but you can't clip images in any way.

radios audio files takes about 1.5gb of data, would be hilarius to put it at some resource.

getRadioPosition() & setRadioPosition() would return/set current radio playing time (eg. to skip song), same as set/getSoundPosition, but for radio

well, in San Andreas radios aren't working this way, like in Vice City.

this isn't one stream for each radio

each radios have some songs, and some presenter parts(speaker? dont know proper word). and they are mixed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

"image rectangle clipping" can be done by using image sections (dxDrawImageSection). Another case if you want not rectangle clipping - round clipping for example.

"recoloring effect". My avanced DX library have many effects like that and it's not hard to script it.

function ( number dxElementID, table newColor, number seconds )

• 2 months later...
"image rectangle clipping" can be done by using image sections (dxDrawImageSection). Another case if you want not rectangle clipping - round clipping for example.

"recoloring effect". My avanced DX library have many effects like that and it's not hard to script it.

function ( number dxElementID, table newColor, number seconds )

i meanth gradient by recoloring, currently it would take hell of lag to draw one.

and yes round section would be nice.

Actually, radio channels are not one file of 30+ minutes of songs & ads. They're divided into each songs and also the ads are divided per advertisement. Each songs have 2 types: With cast & Without cast. It also has 3 alternate versions and 3 parts of each song provided.

this is the actual order of each song:

Beginning of song -------------------- Middle of song ------------------- Ending of song --> Ads / Another song

Cast 1 --------------------------------- |.......... | ---------------------- Cast 1

Just Song ----------------------------- | ..Song.. | ---------------------- Just Song

Cast 2 --------------------------------- |.......... | ---------------------- Cast 2

(3 files)----------------------------------(1 File)--------------------------- (3 Files)

The beginning of song with cast is consisting of a cast speaking and song (lowered volume), then the song gets louder. The beginning of song file ends here.

Then continues to the middle of song with just song. It just use one file. Near the end of song, ends the file.

The end of song is consisting of a cast speaking and song (lowered volume), then the song stops as when the cast stopped speaking. The file ends here.

It's my knowledge according to my modding times when I decompiled a sound file with SAAT (An audio decompiler for GTA SA). The radio files were on ...\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\audio\streams. They're divided according to each radio channel. Those file with 2 letters (AA,CH,CR) is where each radio channel is placed.

So with that, it's pretty much hard to put that kind of radio functions. Sorry karlis. :(

For the ads, they're one file per advertisement.

Warning! It's not guaranteed to be correct. Don't put full trust on me!