ive got a suggestion

Guest Vector

im new here to multitheftauto's forums and ive read many of the mod ideas and such. One question though, does anybody here know about, own, and/or love the microsoft game: Freelancer? If you do, then you know how the multiplayer function is. Its a universe to explore, do jobs and make money on your own, join people to make more money, join a clan to have a purpose, and such. there are many websites and servers that have made a place reserved for 'roleplaying'. is anybody familiar with this term? we dont need that many new 'features' and cool little add ons to gta. we just need clans for people to join on this website with their own forum and whatnot. then they can have the specified zones on the vice city map. then we go from there with some roleplaying. im not really sure if this website has its own server, but if it did it could be just like Freelancer, if you can relate...

im new here to multitheftauto's forums and ive read many of the mod ideas and such. One question though, does anybody here know about, own, and/or love the microsoft game: Freelancer? If you do, then you know how the multiplayer function is. Its a universe to explore, do jobs and make money on your own, join people to make more money, join a clan to have a purpose, and such. there are many websites and servers that have made a place reserved for 'roleplaying'. is anybody familiar with this term? we dont need that many new 'features' and cool little add ons to gta. we just need clans for people to join on this website with their own forum and whatnot. then they can have the specified zones on the vice city map. then we go from there with some roleplaying. im not really sure if this website has its own server, but if it did it could be just like Freelancer, if you can relate...

i roleplay.....

anyway that would be Hard to do. very Hard to do.

we were already thinking of this, no planning, just thinking.. it's a good idea yes :)

Please don't turn MTA into yet another role-playing game. There's plenty of them around already, much better suited to the genre as they were designed as role-playing games from the start.

MTA is about dropping in, driving, shooting, having fun and dropping out again. I can't think of anything worse than having to join a 'clan', build up my 'skill-points', do 'jobs' for 'money' to buy better weapons etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, there seems to be a split amongst MTA players over this. Some people love the idea, others hate it. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out. If it turns all role-playing, I for one will not be playing anymore. :(

Lot's of people would want like a coop game(Play multiplayer on 'story mode' with missions,shops hiden packages,save ability and cut scenes.)This would be great on lan,and besides most of the s*** is done already done on single player,all u need to do is work the net code(I don't understand much about that but I know it's Very Hard.)and solve the sync problems,try to decrease lag and unhandled exceptions.

That would be great :lol: .

Well I'm new here 2. When i played MTA:VC, I noticed, there's no traffic?! Was it the Server's fault or did u exclude it in MTA? If yes, would it be possible to include it? Would be great! :D

we were already thinking of this, no planning, just thinking.. it's a good idea yes :)

Please don't turn MTA into yet another role-playing game. There's plenty of them around already, much better suited to the genre as they were designed as role-playing games from the start.

MTA is about dropping in, driving, shooting, having fun and dropping out again. I can't think of anything worse than having to join a 'clan', build up my 'skill-points', do 'jobs' for 'money' to buy better weapons etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, there seems to be a split amongst MTA players over this. Some people love the idea, others hate it. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out. If it turns all role-playing, I for one will not be playing anymore. :(

there IS a difrence between Roleplay and Rollplay. Roleplay is chooseing a role and acting it out. Rollplay is dices n shit. Roleplay and Rollplay do sometimes cross paths ( like roleplaying in the HL mods AHL have OOC and money plugins ) there are ALOT of Roleplayers that like the multi seat Idea. VC is very big and RP can work in it.

What about sort of Online statstics, sort of Criminal Record, of a player thats open to others to se what the guys like, is he a pyhco your about to kill, or is he just a passive joyrider that likes to pick on old ladies.

Display useful stuff like the the amount of people they've killed and stuff like that.

Like statistics, but narrows it down to the mre important stuff. :idea:

i'm sure if they made gta rpg mode, as in Mode not as in replace exsisting gta mta idea, then i people would still play it as it would be a mode not a replacement, i think its a good idea myself, gives you the option, like in gta, i find it boring just getting a wanted lvl of 6 stars, i prefer the missions n stuff, when i completed gta3 i still played trying to find all the secrets n stuff, always got bored when i just went around killing stuff