[help] loading custom models...

Zdzisiek

Hello ! i hope i writing this in good place so... i have problem...

i made in 3ds max my own model of track ! : DDD ya cool ! and i have 3 files

rc.dff

rc.col

rc.txd

now the problem is i dunno how make its working in mta ;x i trying using mta wiki but... i know only how change colors of water ; D then i try to change some other maps with my models but its didn't work :x please help ! ;(

Zdzisiek, add all your files to meta.xml

like that

<file src="rc.dff"/>
<file src="rc.col"/>
<file src="rc.txd"/>

then client-side script will do the job

txd_beachsktp = engineLoadTXD ( "rc.txd" )
engineImportTXD ( txd_beachsktp, 666 )

col_corrimao2 = engineLoadCOL ( "rc.col" )
engineReplaceCOL ( col_corrimao2, 666)

dff_part1 = engineLoadDFF ( "rc.dff", 0 )
engineReplaceModel ( dff_part1, 666 )

666 is the original model ID you want to replace (remember you cant add new object, you need to replace one)

If your track is large and it's only 1 object then you'll get problems with it disappearing because if the distance of the object center (whatever 0,0,0 was in 3ds max) to the player is larger than 300 (by default), the track will disappear. There was a topic about custom objects recently in which we talked about that issue. I can't find it for you now, I don't have time.

• 2 weeks later...

okay... so i did this ! but there is another problem ;l

7010b271945728.gif

2aad9971945732.gif

i made another model, and i have .col, .dff and txd file. My script is good for sure, but i have some two strange problems.

1. My object and col loads good, but it looks like texture is some px under object. Why?

2. When i fall under the track, i can see only bound walls. I can't see a floor of the track, why?

It's hard to tell from these screenshots what is wrong. What's the sphere for? Another collision mesh?

Your track from underneath is transparent because there are no polygons to be rendered.

Usually, collision meshes are a little bit above objects in GTA SA to prevent player foot going through the objects. Say, when you crouch, player's toes go through the collision mesh but not through the model itself.

From track, with Kam's GTA Script you make .col file. This sphere is loaded .col file.

What should we try to repair this?

If someone will be interested in this problem, i could also send files.

Yes, you select which mesh you want to be exported as collision mesh.

What version of 3ds max do you use? The cube control in viewports was added in 2009 if I remember correctly which I don't have but if you have .max in 2010 format then I could try and help you with this problem or you can send me the whole map recourse.