General update

darkdreamingdan

It's been a while since any updates were posted, so here's quick update as to what's going on currently.

Unfortunately we did not win or get nominated in the final Moddb awards, though we're extremely proud to have reached the Top 100. Thanks for all your support! Let's aim for something higher next year :).

As far as development goes, it's unclear whether we will indeed skip straight to 1.1 or have a final release of 1.0.4 first. We've already had many useful fixes to stability in our nightly builds, which in themselves warrant a release. Most of these relate to security and stability, but also include helpful fixes such as issues relating to resolution and aspect ratio settings which have been agitating users for a while now.

We're also very pleased to notice that since the release of MTA:SA 1.0 and it's sister versions 1.0.1,1.0.2 and 1.0.3, our player count has increased exponentially, with a 50% increase in players since the release of 1.0.3. At the time if writing this we've got just under 1,600 players in servers right now - certainly commendable when compared to commercial games with lots of funding! We're confident that the expanding community and future MTA:SA releases will continue to increase the playercount.

That's all for now.

Edited by Guest

It’s good to see the numbers increase again, I think a few of us who have been around the block remember the old times of capacity. It seems word has spread round and people are taking more notice of this mod and its capabilities.

People are finally starting to understand which is the best. The audience yet isn't what it deserves to be for such an awesome mod like MTA, but it sure will be. And a major difference that keeps coming out is the difference between people who play MTA and who play other mods, of course the players on MTA are more sophisticated.

People are finally starting to understand which is the best. The audience yet isn't what it deserves to be for such an awesome mod like MTA, but it sure will be. And a major difference that keeps coming out is the difference between people who play MTA and who play other mods, of course the players on MTA are more sophisticated.

I wish I wouldn't feel an acute need to argue against that, but no matter.

At least things are heading up. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Since I started playing MTA: Race, I don't really think that there are lots of players!

But, I saw the keen eyes of the future, that MTA: SA will have the best, number 1 online mod ever!

And it's true now. Good luck on improving this and I'll be happy.

And to make sure, MTA has way more powerful scripts, including the Clientside GUI, the ability to make the impossible, possible.

Like for example: object making scripts like to make missles on a vehicle, Custom Objects, 3D sound script, and even Videos!!

It's your opportunity to make your name, so go for it! We're counting on you! :thumbup:;)

• 1 month later...

I have a voice that needs to be heard....

I have a suggestion...

What about those people who need to mod there GTA SA in order to play?????

This suggestion may be heard and i hope the developers will hear this word of wisdom...

And yet again the open source rule applies...