[Map Editor] Annimations

The-Legend

Hello!

I've just seen the moveObjects function, and I was thinking of adding it to the Map Editor:

With a GUI that have these 'options':

"Open when player/vehicle is at [(Example)10] meter(s)"

"Set Closed Point" and "Set Opened Point"

"Time to move [(Example)3] second(s)"

And then, after you saved your map, it'll insert the line code to the map's file!

If only things were so easy eh? :P

Anyway, this is entirely possible by script. One of the major advantages of 1.0's map editor compared to the race's map editor is enormous flexibility through scripting. If someone is willing to make something like this, then you can just the resource in your resources folder, and it should be ready to be plugged in into the editor.

Your suggestion can't be inputted directly into the editor, since there has to be a resource running to actually understand the lines you've written. Go try and type "Open when player/vehicle is at 10 meter(s)" in a Lua script and save it, you'll see MTA doesn't understand a single thing of what you wrote. :P It doesn't understand something like "" in a map either. Only if there's a small script that MTA DOES understand which translates your strings into executable commands for the server to perform, it will undertake action.

If someone would like to make it, sure, why not. Would make MTA a lot cooler and simpler to work with. But it can be a lot of more work than it might seem, so I think it's not very likely this will be implemented or provided in any resource any time. (soon at least)